- Working since over 5 years in the field of technological industry as UNIX/AIX System
- Experience in AIX Operating System including File Systems, Processes, Performance tuning, and troubleshooting.
- Administration and 24/7 support of IBM pSeries Servers including p4/p5/p6 Servers
- Experience in LPAR/DLPAR technology for installing partitions through NIM and Managing partitions through HMC Console
- Experience in TSM includes client installation configuration and verification of incremental/full backup.
- Experience in Veritas Netback with performed and configured system backups and restore.
- Problem solving, Troubleshooting and Performance tuning skills.
- User Interaction and Excellent Communication.
- DR related all issues
- 3584 tape library configuration and resolution
Operating Systems: UNIX, (AIX, Solaris), Win NT/2000. AIX Technology LPAR/DLPAR, HMC
Database: DB2, SQL Server 7.0, 2000
Applications: TSM, Veritas NetBackup
Programming: Shell Script
- Create nim server,FTP server creation
- Data extraction from tape, DVD, CD and FTP from customer server. Load images from different media to lpars
- Build lpars as per customer requirements.
- Customer call handling and resolve issue during test.
- All physical change during test to p5/p5/p6/p7 systems as per customer requirements. Network configuration.
- All Tape library (3584) issues and configuration.
- P roviding 24x7 on call helpdesk support.
- Monitoring a variety of systems UNIX, AIX and Solaris for disk space usage, memory usage, CPU usage and service functionality.
- AIX Servers Installation/upgrade and maintenance on different hardware.
- Using DATAPATH to manage allocated SAN disks.
- Using HMC to manage LPARs.
- Backup, System Recovery, Security and Performance Tuning.
- Establishes network users, user environments, directories, and security for networks being installed.
- Performed and configured backups and restore using Veritas NetBackup version 4.5.
- Vi editor experience to modify UNIX files.
- Responsible to resolve ticket problems in Peregrine systems.
- Documentation of necessary changes to fixes common problems to provide resources to keep system current.
AIX System Administrator
- P roviding 24x7 On - call Support on a weekly rotation basis to ensure availability of Servers
- AIX System Administration on IBM as well as Solaris Servers.
- Installation and maintenance of AIX 5.2 on p670/p690 (Regatta) system and AIX 5.3 through NIM
- AIX Servers Installation/upgrade and maintenance on different hardware
- Implementing and Managing LPAR/DLPAR on AIX through HMC
- Up gradation of production systems by Installing PTF (Program Temporary Fix) and APAR (Authorized Program Analysis Report) whenever required and necessary with minimum down time.
- To ensure audit accountability for each and every user in production environment.
- Documenting necessary changes and Configuration of System and keep it current.
- Managing System Resources like File System, Disk space, Volume Groups, Logical Volumes and Physical Volumes
- Scheduling Daily Incremental and weekly Full Back up using Crontab
- Supporting and automating various tasks using Shell scripts.
UNIX System Administrator
- 24/7 support, setup and configuration, Unix OS installation/Migration/Cloning, System support and Administration
- Applied Security Fixes, APARs and Upgraded Maintenance Level
- UNIX Systems Backup, System Recovery, Security and Performance Tuning.
- Assist Application department to install application on AIX system. Tune AIX for application requirement.
- Working with application admin to resolve performances of systems.
- Coordinated team for Upgrade AIX 5.1 to AIX 5.2
- Third party software installation and upgrades, scheduled system health checks.
- New system planning, System related problem determination and resolution.