Active Directory Engineer
- Maintained and supported Active Directory Domains and Name Services (DNS, WINS, DHCP) in a large enterprise.
- Plan, coordinate and execute the day - to-day operations supporting multiple domains in addition to the following:
- Provide 2nd and 3rd level support/troubleshooting of more complex & challenging operational issues related to Active Directory Infrastructures.
- Participate in the execution of enterprise compliance standards, and help establish and maintain global governance.
- Sites and Services /Network subnet settings administration.
- Involved in the design, deployment and operational maintenance of Active Directory and Name services to ensure secure and reliable network access to internal resources.
- Sites and Services /Network subnet redesign and cleanup.
- 2012 R2 Domain Controller “Gold Image” creation.
- Domain and Forest upgrade from 2003 functional level to 2012R2.
Sr. Systems Engineer
- SME and sole administrator of the following systems or services:
- Active Directory - 2 Forests, 9 Domains, 15,000 + Users
- DNS (internal)/DHCP/Group Policy
- Responsible for the installation, configuration, security, integrity and maintenance of all directory servers OS and supporting software.
- Conduct performance measurements and evaluations of the directory.
- Assign resources to various projects, direct their activities, and evaluate their work.
- Participated in all phases of total system planning or facility requirements and enhancements.
- Implemented new standards and procedures.
- Office 365 migration
- Domain consolidation
- Addressed all DNS, Sites and Services/Replication, and legacy Domain metadata issues
- Group Policy rewrite
Sr. Lead Systems Engineer
- Sole administration of the following systems or services:
- VMware, NetApp SANs, Server hardware, Active Directory/DNS/DHCP/Group Policy, Data Center
- Maintained redundant systems, policies, and procedures for disaster recovery and archiving that ensured the effective protection and integrity of storage appliances and stored data assets.
- Established appropriate end-user access control levels for stored data.
- Developed and maintained standards, templates, operating procedures, and best practices.
- Configured the nearly instant recovery of VMs via NetApp API’s inside vCenter.
- Updated backup technology from old tape backup solution to Disk-to-Disk solution using NetApp’s SnapMirror, SnapVault & SnapManager products.
- Worked with legal department and management to develop data retention policies saving over $50k per year.
- Automated Windows server patching, and verification that previously took ten hours and involved many people from multiple departments, to a single resource completed in two hours.
- Redesigned and updated 2003 Active Directory Forest and Domains to 2012 R2
- Complete rewrite of all Group Policy’s with a focus on best practices and consolidation
- Addressed all DNS, Sites and Services/Replication, and legacy domain metadata issues
- New 2012 R2 Domain Controllers
Sr. Systems Engineer
- Enterprise administration of virtual environment to include vCenter server, vCloud Director, vCloud Automation Center, ESXi hosts, clusters and VMs.
- Responsible for all in-house servers, performance, maintenance, and security.
- Cloud Engineer on a project to design and built out BRS’s hybrid cloud.
- Day to day administration of Active Directory.
- Developed and maintained new standards, best practices, processes, operating procedures, and templates.
- Administer the VMware virtual environment from /configuring/ maintaining vCenter Server, clusters, and ESXi Hosts. Construct VM provision, building VMs. Plan and deploy new VMs to meet each team requirements.
- Implement VMWare P2V migration, server migration, move, clone, template, and snapshot.
- Support, maintain, monitor, & troubleshoot servers globally from the Houston/Dallas Data Center, North America, South America, Europe, and Africa to Asia Pacific.
- Daily monitoring via Systems Center Operations Manager (SCOM). Run reports, set up alerts from alert view, state view, performance view, event view. Monitor server health, performance, disk space & health, memory, agents, SEP, services,
- Successfully executed project to upgrade thousands of VMware ESXi hosts globally from vSphere 4.1 to vSphere 5.1, to include all environment pre-requisites, physical servers’ drivers/firmware.
Sr. Lead VMware vCloud Solutions Engineer
- SME and day-to-day administration of the following systems/services:
- VMware vCloud Director (vCD)
- VMware vCloud Automation Center (vCAC)
- Production design, install, and configuration of vCloud Automation Center 5.2.
- Responsible for the creation of vApps composed of new and pre-existing Lab Manager virtual machines that severed as the initial vApp building blocks for template creation
- Developed the virtualization automation strategy that facilitated both the rapid auto-provisioning/ de-provisioning of systems and that would complement Confidential ’s ongoing private cloud initiative.
- Built lab used to validate vCloud Automation Center (vCAC) as the automation solution.
- Reduced machine provisioning workflow from a matter of weeks to a matter of minutes.
- Developed the automation strategy that facilitated both the rapid auto-provisioning/de-provisioning of systems and that would complement Confidential ’s ongoing private cloud initiative.
Sr. Lead Systems Analyst
- Administration of the following services/systems:
- VMware virtual environment, Server hardware/OS, NetApp SANs, EMC VNX/VNXE/Isilon NAS, Active Directory/DNS/DHCP/Group Policy, Data Center, Exchange 2010, NetBackup, Replication
- Managed multiple procedures for SOX compliance.
- Created and maintained detailed documentation for troubleshooting and systems management.
- Lead various high priority projects from design to completion to include:
- VMware ESXi upgrade to 5.x, Isilon NAS roll out, Global file server consolidation, Global storage migration, NetApp SAN installations and upgrade(s), SCCM implementation, DR planning/testing, Exchange 2010 upgrade, Windows 7 roll out, Acquisition of Global Industries.
- Successfully led a small team of admins in virtualizing two large remote production data centers over the WAN.
- Received the company’s HSE Achievement Award in November 2011 for taking a collapsed co-worker who had suffered a heart attack to the ER and stayed with them until late that night when their family arrived.
- Implemented HP SIM/ Dell OpenManage/ Avocent monitoring that effectively increased server uptime while adding insight into the environment.
Sr. Network/Systems Engineer
- Customer facing position directly engaging clients while supporting multiple companies and their Microsoft-centric environments.
- Remote enterprise operations management of five companies including on-site support for clients whose industries range from logistics to pharmaceuticals.
- Complete support of all IT related aspects of customer networks & systems, the administration, performance, and maintenance included the following:
- VMware/Hyper-V virtual environments, Server Hardware/OS, LAN/WAN/Internet connectivity, Active Directory/DNS/DHCP/ Group Policy, EMC/NetApp/Dell, EqualLogic SANs, Backups/Restores/Replication/DR, File & Print/Fax services/WSUS services
- Evolved reliable IT strategies, with a focus on business process improvement, standardization, best practices.
- Lead the development and execution of many project plans including the budgeting and tactical planning required to ensure deadlines were consistently met, and budgets were not exceeded.
- Standardized systems, networks, and processes resulting in a 25% reduction in administration costs, strengthening of overall security, and streamlining critical workflows.
Lead Systems-Network Admin
- Team lead for a small group of four talented systems administrators supporting two hundred + servers spanning nine domains, in sixteen sites worldwide.
- Sole administration of the following technologies enterprise-wide:
- VMware/Microsoft Virtual Server 2005, EMC SANS Active Directory, DNS/DHCP/Group Policy, File/Print/Fax services,
- Delegated and managed various high priority projects to completion, often involving a broad range of departments.
- Secondary support on Exchange 2007/2010, Citrix XenApp environment.
- Designed/implemented/supported global virtual infrastructure, converting over 80% of physical servers to virtual.
- Migrated business-critical systems and data to the new data center with zero unplanned downtime.
- Built out a highly available data center in Austin, TX.
- Traveled to Ion’s offices in Moscow and successfully built-out the remote sites data center/network.
- Integrated & supported a newly formed JV.
Sr. Systems-Network Engineer
- Deployed and administered a mixed Linux/Windows infrastructure. Responsible for all servers/network/SAN, performance, maintenance, and security.
- Custom built servers and high-end workstations used to test the company’s latest software builds while providing support for Ph.D. computer scientists developing highly intelligent video analytics.
- Worked closely with software development teams to research and evaluate bleeding edge technologies that were used to shape the development cycles of BRS security software.
- Refreshed all sites server and network hardware significantly improving HA and remote management.
- Implemented monitoring solutions that effectively increased server uptime.
- Merged acquired companies Active Directory using ADMT.
- Helped design and built out a new onsite and remote data centers.