- 8 years of experience in Networking, including hands - on experience in providing network support, installation and analysis for broad range of LAN/WAN/MAN communication systems.
- Proficient in Cisco IOS for configuration & troubleshooting of routing protocols: MP-BGP, OSPF, LDP, EIGRP, RIP, MPLS and BGP v4.
- Excellent knowledge in Routing, Switching, Firewall and Gateway technologies, system design, wireless design, data network design, capacity management and network growth.
- Involved in troubleshooting of DNS, DHCP, DMVPN and other IP conflict problems.
- Responsible for Check Point and Cisco ASA firewall administration across global networks.
- Knowledge of implementing and troubleshooting complex layer 2 technologies such as VLAN Trunks, VTP, Ether-channel, STP, RSTP and MST.
- Implementation of HSRP, VRRP for Default Gateway Redundancy.
- Expert level knowledge on OSI model and TCP/IP protocol suite.
- Worked on Network Topologies and Configurations, Routers, Frame Relay, Token Ring, ATM, Bridges, Switches, Hubs and Repeaters.
- Strong knowledge of TACACS+, RADIUS implementation in Access Control Network.
- Worked extensively in Configuring, Monitoring and Troubleshooting Cisco's ASA 5500/PIX security appliance, Failover DMZ zoning & configuring VLANs/Routing/ NAT with the firewalls as per design.
- Experience in Configuring and deploying Cisco Catalyst 6513E, 4948E, 4510 switches and Cisco 3660, 3845, and 7609 series routers.
- Experienced in monitoring tools like wireshark and solarwinds Orion.
- Experience in Ticket systems for Cisco and ITIL.
- Experienced in working with DATA-CENTER Nexus 7710, 7009, 7018, 5548P, 5596T, 2148T, 2224T, 6513E and 6000 switches.
- Experience in monitoring and managing the remedy firewall operation troubleshoot ticket queue. Assigns and resolves remedy incidents and service requests.
- Worked on configuring the Nexus 7K, 5K Aggregation Switch and Nexus 2K Fabric Extenders.
- Experience with Putty, Secure CRT, GNS 3 and Cisco Packet Tracer.
- Experience with hardware load balancer administration and support, preferably with F5 load balancer LTM/GTM and Cisco ACE load balancers.
- Ability to Install, Manage & Troubleshoot Large Networks & Systems Administration on Windows & Linux platforms in Development, Lab & Production Environments.
- Excellent customer management/resolution, problem solving, debugging skills and capable of quickly learning, effectively analyzes results and implement and delivering solutions as an individual and as part of a team.
LAN Technologies: Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, Gigabit Ethernet, & 10 Gigabit Ethernet, Port- channel, VLANS, VTP, STP, RSTP, 802.1Q.
WAN Technologies: Frame Relay, ISDN, ATM, MPLS, leased lines & exposure to PPP, HDLC, CSU/DSU.
Routing Protocols: OSPF, EIGRP, BGP, RIP v1/v2, PBR, Route redistribution, Route filtering, Summarization, Static route.
Routers dealt with: Cisco 7606, 7609, 3845, 3660, 2921, 2691, 1812.
Switching Technologies: VLANs, Inter VLAN routing and Port Channels, VTP, Spanning Tree Protocols like PVST+, RSTP+, Multi-Layer Switching, Port security, VSS, CEF and DCEF.
Switches dealt with: Nexus 5548, 5596, 6000, 7009, 7018; Cisco Catalyst 6506, 6509, 4928, 4948, 4507, 4510, 3750, 3560, and 2960.
Load Balancers: F5 Network (Big-IP) LTM/ (Wide-IP) GTM 8900 and 6400, Cisco UCS (Unified Computing System), Infoblox DNS, DHCP, IPAM.
Knowledge in Cisco Base CRS, ASR, nexus and 7600 series equipment.:
DNS and DHCP in a Windows Server 2012 landscape.:
Network Security Technologies: ASA 5520/5550 and PIX 525 Firewalls, ACL, IPsec, IDS.Cisco Implementation of BFD for routing protocols like BGP, OSPF, EIGRP and IS-IS.
Administering Active Directory (AD) and GPOs.:
Physical interfaces: Fast Ethernet, Gigabit Ethernet, Serial, HSSI, SONET (POS).
QOS: CBWFQ, LLQ, WRED, Policing/Shaping.
Confidential, New York, NY
Senior Network Engineer
- Involved in the activity of designing and implementing network device like Distribution layer and access layer switch, WAN Router’s and voice gateway for remote site.
- Configured and deployed Cisco Catalyst 3850, 4507, 4510 and 3925 switches.
- Involved in deploying VG310 and VG224.
- Prepared documents and report for the complete design on new network device installation.
- Provided subnets for Data, voice, WAPS and other managed networks using Infoblox.
- Involved in stacking additional AL and DL switches to the existing stackable switch.
- Provided uplink connection for remote site DL switches to core switches in data Center and tested the bandwidth for Single-mode and Multi - mode Fiber cords through WAN protocols like P2P, Cable Modem and Dark Fiber.
- Prepared documentation on network design and update existing design using VISIO.
- Involved in providing design and solution for the network device for various remote medical center based on the IT Requirements and Medical Application.
- Experienced in performing change request using ITIL change management.
- Prepared Bill of Material for new network Equipment.
- Involved in Bandwidth analysis for various medical application and IT requirements to the Medical center.
- Managed assignments of network numbering resources.
ENVIRONMENT: Cisco 3560/3750/3550/3500/2960/6500 switches, Cisco Nexus 7K/5K/2K, Cisco 7200/3845/3600/2961 routers, Cisco ASA5510/5505, Palo Alto.
Confidential, Waltham, MA
- Involved in the activity of Data-Center Migration of cisco catalyst switch 6513E to new nexus N7710 switch using F3/M3 line-cards with 10GE & 40GE interfaces and Supervisor 2E/2T.
- Configured and deployed VPC between Nexus 7710 and Nexus 5548 switches along with FEX 2248.
- Implementing, configuring and troubleshooting routing protocols such as OSPF (v3, v2), RIPv2, BGPv4, EIGRP, HSRP, PIM, GLBP and MPLS. Switching protocols such as VTP, STP, RPVST and channel protocols such as LACP and PAGP.
- Updated and installed CISCO IOS and Catalyst OS software on different Switches and Routers.
- Involved in Configuring and deploying Cisco Catalyst 6513E, 6506, 4948E, 4510 switches.
- Involved in design and Implementation of Data-Center Migration.
- Involved in Racking and stacking different network devices in the Data Center.
- Worked on physical interfaces such as Ten-Gigabit, Gigabit, Fast Ethernet and Serial interfaces.
- Provided on call tier 3 support for the core network.
- Involved in cabling connection such as optical fiber cable, Cat-6, Cat-6A etc.
- Involved in installation, configure and test Switching in a WAN/LAN environment Infrastructure Copper/Fiber support, including LAN hardware (router, switch), cabling (CAT6 and Fiber), network interface cards and topologies (Ten Gigabit Ethernet, Gigabit Ethernet and Fast Ethernet).
- Involved in the development and maintenance of network equipment during scheduled maintenance windows.
- Responsible for preparing documents and reports to the team members on every new installation and design implemented on the Data Center.
- Assisted market engineering teams when provisioning new customer.
ENVIRONMENT: Cisco 3560/3750/3550/3500/2960/6500 switches, Cisco Nexus 7K/5K/2K, Cisco 7200/3845/3600/1921/1841/1811 routers, Cisco ASA5510/5505, Palo Alto, Checkpoint.
Confidential, W. Hartford, CT
- Performing the ACL requests changes for various clients by collecting source and destination information from them.
- Worked in TACACS+ and RADIUS Servers.
- Involved in the activity of DATA-Center migration of regular Cisco catalyst switches with the new Nexus2148, 2224T, 5548, 6018, 7010 using F3/M3 line-cards with 10GE & 40GE interfaces and Supervisor 2E/2T.
- Strong Knowledge in working with F5 Load Balancers and their Implementation in various Network.
- Checking the Access-list configuration and uploading them in the Solar wind.
- Configuring, Installing and troubleshooting on Check Point Devices and Access-lists.
- Configured PPP, HDLC, BGPv4, EIGRP, MPLS, IS-IS and OSPF routing.
- Configuring, Monitoring and Troubleshooting Cisco's ASA 5500/PIX as per the design.
- Good communication with Service Providers such as Century Link and XO Communications.
- Providing daily network support for national wide area network consisting of MPLS, VPN and point-to point site.
- Experience in ticketing system like RSA Soft tickets, Cisco and ITIL.
- Experience with design and implementation of Data center migration.
- Data center migration was involved in Access, Distribution and Core layers.
- Establishing VPN Tunnels using IPSec encryption standards and implementing site-to-site VPN, Remote VPN.
- Responsible for day-to-day management of Cisco Devices, Traffic management and monitoring.
- Implementing, configuring and troubleshooting routing protocols such as OSPF (v3, v2), RIPv2, BGPv4, EIGRP, HSRP, GLBP and MPLS.
- Working on physical interfaces such as Gigabit, Fast Ethernet and Serial interfaces.
- Experience in troubleshooting Traffic Counters, Registers, and Internet Service Providers (ISPs).
- Creating and implementing IOS configuration for the Cisco 1921 routers and Cisco 2960 switches and importing them into the Solar winds.
- Configured and deployed VPC between Nexus 7010 and Nexus 5596, 5548 switches along with FEX 2248.
- Creating, assigning and allocating IP addresses based on Subnet and Supernet (CIDR) concepts.
- Experience in installing and configuring DNS, DHCP, and DMVPN server.
- Configured and deployed Cisco Catalyst 6506, 4948E, 4510 switches and Cisco 3660, 3845, and 7609 series routers.
- Deployed VSS on Cisco Catalyst 6509 switches and provided post-deployment support for issues.
ENVIRONMENT: Cisco 3560/3750/3550/3500/2960 6500 switches, Cisco Nexus 7K/5K/2K, Dell 3524 Switch, Cisco 7200/3845/3600/1921/1841/1811 routers, Cisco ASA5510/5505, Checkpoint, Palo Alto.
- Key responsibility of LAN and WAN maintenance and troubleshooting any network related problems.
- Involved in the configuration & troubleshooting of routing protocols: MP-BGP, OSPF, LDP, EIGRP, RIP, and BGP v4. Configured IP access filter policies
- Configured CIDR, IP, RIP, PPP, BGP and OSPF routing.
- Identify, design and implement flexible, responsive, and secure technology services.
- Experience with Firewall Administration, Rule Analysis, Rule Modification.
- Troubleshoot traffic passing managed firewalls via logs and packet captures.
- Configured and resolved various OSPF issues in an OSPF multi area environment.
- Configuration and troubleshooting of Cisco catalyst 6509, 7613 with supervisor cards.
- Experience with implementing and maintaining network monitoring systems (Cisco works and HP Open view) and experience with developing complex network design documentation and presentations using VISIO.
- Design, implementation and operational support of routing/switching protocols in complex environments including BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, Spanning Tree, 802.1q, etc.
- Planned resources and presented project status to higher management.
- Deployed 7613 as PE and CE router and Configured and troubleshoot the Edge Routers.
- Deploying and decommissioning the TOR switches and their respective software upgrades.
- Excellent troubleshooting knowledge on T1, T3, OC-3 and OC-12.
- Created and delivered internal trainings for BGP.
- Hands-on experience with WAN (ATM/Frame Relay), Routers, Switches, TCP/IP, Routing Protocols (BGP/OSPF), and IP addressing.
- Installed different software on the systems. Install and managing network devices including Hubs, Switches.
- Analyzed customer application and bandwidth requirements, ordered hardware and circuits, and built cost effective network solutions to accommodate customer requirements and project scope.
- Generating RCA (Root Cause Analysis) for critical issues of layer1/layer2/layer3 problems.
- Ability to analyze, configure and troubleshoot networks.
- Worked on Linux and Windows Platforms and involved in capacity planning of Network maintenance.
ENVIRONMENT: Cisco 6509/ 3750/3550/3500/2950 switches, Cisco 7200/3845/3600/2800 routers, Checkpoint firewalls, Net Flow, TACACS, EIGRP, RIP, OSPF, BGP, VPN, MPLS, CSM, SUP720, Ether Channels.
- Configuring STP for switching loop prevention and VLANs for data and voice along with Configuring port security for users connecting to the switches.
- Performed IOS upgrades on various catalyst series switches and maintained latest IOS.
- Managed fast Layer 3 switched/routed LAN/WAN infrastructure as a part of Network team. The LAN consisted of Cisco campus model of Cisco 3750 at access layer, Cisco 6513 at distribution/core layer.
- Handled SRST and implemented and configured the Gateways, Voice Gateways.
- Configuring HSRP between the 3845-router pairs for Gateway redundancy for the client desktops.
- Configure VRRP & GLBP and VLAN Trunking 802.1Q & ISL, STP, Port Security on Catalyst 6500 switches.
- Ensure Network, system and data availability and integrity through preventive maintenance and upgrade.
- Expert knowledge of cable connectors and replacement as RJ-11, RJ-45, V.35, RS-449.
- Responsible for day-to-day management of Cisco Devices, Traffic management and monitoring.
- Adding and removing checkpoint firewall policies based on the requirements of various project requirements.
- Gained good knowledge about using Cookies and Sessions.
- Configuring, Installing and troubleshooting on Check Point Devices.
- Experience in working with application layer protocols such as Telnet, FTP, SMTP, POP3, HTTP/HTTPS, SSH, SSL and DNS.
- Responsible for cabling and labeling based on day to day requirement and Racking & Stacking of various network equipment and made sure that there are no connectivity issues using ping and tracert.
- Provided Helpdesk support that involved identifying and escalating the tickets to specific groups.
- Resolving all computer related problems, such as troubleshooting operating system failure, scheduling and updating virus checks on servers and desktops.