- I am a Network Engineer with 6 years’ experience in Designing, Installing, and Maintaining Local Area Networks using network equipment like Routers, Switches, and Servers. During and prior to becoming a Network Engineer, I have an exceptional record in both Project Management and Operations Management spanning 12 years of meeting Clients requirement from Project Initiation through Conceptual Design, Implementation, Documentation and User Training.
- In addition, I have extensive Business Development and Relationship Management experience with Multinational Companies in areas such as a Business Leadership, Financial, and Human Resources to achieve Organizational goals.
- Good knowledge of LAN/WAN design and configuration including Network Topology, TCP/IP schemes and Ethernet tools.
- Configurations of Routers, Switches and VLAN design
- Experience in onsite and remote network technical support and troubleshooting.
- Good knowledge of CISCO 1200 ASR. 2800, 3800 ISR series Routers and CAT 3700, 2960, and 6500 Switches.
- Working knowledge of Cisco UCS
- Working knowledge of EMC Storage solutions
- Good knowledge of Firewalls especially ASA and also Palo Alto
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience of Active Directory, WINS, DHCP and DNS
- Solid understanding of PMBOK methodologies in Project Management including waterfall techniques
- Managing Projects and Programs to ensure delivery of projects within scope, time, and cost.
Confidential, Ellicott City, MD
- Managed the Firewalls and the WAN routers that provide backbone to services and connections to clients
- Managed VPN tunnel set up and maintenance
- Analyzed and defined network requirements: and maintain network architecture and infrastructure.
- Part of team that designed and implemented a DMVPN solution for a major Client
- Implemented and managed backup and disaster recovery solutions for clients (Commvault, Zerto, Recover Point)
- Analyzed system logs, identified network performance issues, and server related issues while resolving operational issues
- Remote support with extensive deployment of VMs with VMware
- Led team that handled Local Area Network (LAN) troubleshooting and support. The team also handled design, installation, testing, and documentation on several network upgrades.
- Experience with several Cisco Routers and Switches including Cisco 4510, 6500s ISRs etc
- Experience with ASA 2500 and 5500 series
- Some working experience with Nexus 5000, 6000 and 7000 series switches.
- Coordinate development and maintenance of network benchmark standards and trained Site Coordinators with simple network troubleshooting techniques.
- Also configured Port provisioning and Activations, IOS software upgrades and troubleshooting and errors.
- Managed network security and standards implementations. Blocked malicious attempts based on recommendations from SOC.
- Installed and configured VLANS, VMware and VPN Networks
- Configured routing protocols - RIP, EIGRP OSPF and BGP
- Installing and maintaining of Active Directory and other Windows 2008/2012 Server technologies.
- Analyzed and define network requirements: and maintain network architecture and infrastructure.
- Analyzed system logs, identified network performance issues, and server related issues.
- Support end users covering any IT related issues including: application, Operating Systems, Network Connectivity, and Remote Access to published Applications.
- Management of Projects Deliverables with a focus on meeting customers’ requirements.
- Providing status reports including accomplishments and progress, to key stakeholders.
- Managed several IT projects and Project Segments and meeting the Projects constraints of scope, time, and cost. Had overall responsibility for day-to-day contract operations including daily direct customer interaction, ensuring deliverable product, budget, staffing, vendor, and partner management.
- Team Lead for setting up the Network and Communication Infrastructure for Constant Capital in their Lagos Office. In this Project, I was responsible for approving the Network Design and Client Management. In this role, I supervised a team of Engineers who performed the Design, Installation, Configuration and Procurement of network components. This included cabling, configurations of routers, switches, wireless access points, domain controller, active directory, and proxy server.
- Worked with other clients to ensure that installed anti-virus, spyware and firewall protection were
current. Installed drivers, patches and upgraded software as needed, Backed up data on server ensuring system integrity.
- Provided Project Management support for Routing and Switched network projects. The supports included requirements definition, statement of work generation, implementation, and transition to post implementation support teams.
- Responsible for coordinating team members to develop Work Breakdown Structures and estimate schedule, intervals and duration for individual tasks, in order to ensure timely completion of projects.
- Responsible for Project Risk Management -identification, evaluation, communication of risks using risk management techniques and developing contingency plans to mitigate those risks.
- Responsible for managing Project resource assignments and tracking the project plan and budget
- Handled 24x7 technical support both on-call and on-site
- Additional responsibilities included: Setting up user accounts, password resets and managing group permissions, Imaging, installation, deployment and support of all servers, desktops, Laptops, printers, hardware and software in Windows XP - 7pro and 2008/20012 server environments.
- Managed stakeholder expectations by ensuring clarity of objectives, preventing conflicts and avoiding scope creep.
- Oversaw the solicitation of business requirements in conjunction with a multitude of both internal and external stakeholders.
- Managed multiple team members with multiple projects while managing all phases of projects life cycle.
- Handled the Manufacturing and Supply Chain modules for the $8.5m SAP ERP project for MRS Oil