To obtain Systems Administrator position within IT Department of growing or established organization.
- Accomplished leader with extensive success of installing, maintaining, updating, troubleshooting, and repairing computer networks and systems for broad range of clients and industries.
- Adept at explaining complicated technical concepts to end users with varying degrees of technical understanding.
- Areas of expertise include network administration, workstation setup, servers & workstation recommendation, installation & maintenance, and disaster recovery in LAN, WAN, VLAN, and VPN environments.
- Advanced knowledge of server management, MS Office POS software, system checks / troubleshooting.
- Extensive knowledge of telephone systems, workstations, modem, hubs, routers, switches, and end - user software.
- History of providing comprehensive training and support to all clients and end users.
Hardware: PCs (servers & workstations), modems, routers, and switches (3Com, Linksys, Dlink, Netgear and Inellinet), network cable installations.
Networking/OS: Windows 3.x/9x/NT/XP/2000, Windows 7/8/10, Win2000, Win2003, Server/Advanced Server, Small Business Server, DOS, UNIX (AIX), Apple MAC OS, SonicWALL and WatchGuard Firewall /VPN.
Software: MS Office, PageMaker, Lotus 123 dBase III, Fox Pro, QuickBooks, Norton Utilities, Norton Ghost, AVG/Avast/Kaspersky/MacAfee and Norton Anti-Virus, Veritas/Symantec Backup Exe, Acronis True Image, Maitre’D POS, Microsale, QuickTicket POS, and Veritas Cluster Mangement.
Protocols: IPX/SPX, NetBEUI, and TCP/IP.
- Worked within Solutions Adoption Department to install and set up software for medical industry; also provided project management and general consultation services. Reported to Systems Manager.
- Planned and led installation and upgrades of AIX server; ensured hardware met specs, and trained users.
- Performed up to 15 upgrades per year (up to four simultaneously) while managing other projects; also provided advice on SAN storage.
- Oversaw installations and upgrades of Sunquest Laboratory Cache, and Veritas storage software; after client testing; copied and upgraded cache databases to new version. Managed ~50 project per year, ~20 simultaneously.
- Identified root causes of software problems, developed solutions, and created backups.
- Helped reduce time and financial costs of installations by developing scripts that set up filesystems.
- Optimized time and performance of many projects by creating script-to-ftp files for sites that picked up at spot of interruptions due to lost connections.
- Completed all projects in a timely manner; ranked in top tier for performance and utilization hours per year.
- Recommended, set up, tested, and configured networks, desktops, laptops, and printers for broad range of client businesses; also installed motherboards, processors, RAM, and graphics cards.
- Drove all set-up aspects Windows servers and workstations for clients in such industries as cellular, beer distribution, water park, legal, restaurant, real estate, property management, and accounting. Helped clients determine project budgets.
- Served ~100 clients (~500 users) in South Florida; up to ten per day in 24 / 7 operation.
- Resolved technical issues in person, on the phone and through e-mail.
- Provided advice on configurations, sold and set up servers, and delivered on-site and remote management and maintenance; ensured up-to-date software and properly installed security.
- Created employee training materials and procedures to ensure in-house workers learned and used proper software and hardware protocols.
- Provided leadership to staff of three.