- Experienced administrative professional, working remotely (WAH), in the Information Technology industry.
- Detail oriented, dedicated, quick learner, with the ability to work independently, communicate effectively and function at various team levels, while blending past technical expertise.
Server Operating Systems: MS Windows 2012, 2008, 2003 or 2000 Enterprise, Standard and Advanced Linux
Desktop/Workstation Operating Systems: MS Windows Apple/Macintosh Linux (OpenClient)
Server Applications: MS Roles or Features (Active Directory, Group Policy, DDNS, DHCP, DFS, and WINS) VMWare Virtual Servers on ESX host SAN using Veritas and PowerPath MS Exchange Server Outlook Web Access (OWA) with RPC MS Internet Information Server (IIS) CA, NAI (McAfee) & Norton s anti - virus MS SQL Server and Sybase Windows Update Server (WUS) VBScript, PowerShell and PowerShell ISE MS Baseline Security Analyzer Windows Deployment Services (WDS) NETIQ Security Manager RAS and VPN Internet Connections MS Hyper-V Servers
Administrator Applications: VSphere (Administer VMware for Virtual Servers) ServiceNow (Routine/Emergency Service Request Tickets) CMDB (Equipment Inventory, Server configuration changes and Server/Application Outage scheduling @ Confidential for IBM) CyberArk (Administer Server Administration and service account passwords @ Confidential
Workstation Applications: VMWare Workstation Pro MS Office Internet Browsers (MS IE and Firefox) MS Outlook, Lotus Notes Email Norton s Ghost and Power Quest Disk Imaging ACT, Goldmine and MS Project RAS/VPN Communication Protocols
Network Protocols: TCP/IP IPv4 TCP/IP IPv6
MultiProtocol LAN Hardware: DSL/Cable Routers Gigabit, Fast Ethernet, Ethernet Switches/Hubs Cabling Print Servers Network Interface Cards
Server/ Workstation & Peripheral Hardware: IBM, HP, Dell and Toshiba Hardware SCSI RAID 1, 5 &10 Controllers Storage Area Network (SAN) Apple/Macintosh Computers Network Attached Storage (NAS)
Confidential, PHOENIX, AZ
SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR III
- Performing Windows/INTEL Enterprise Server OS support of (severity 1) Major Incidents (MI) for the India - Business as usual (BAU) team.
- Performing SAN Switch migrations between IBM and EMC on Windows System Servers using IBM, Dell or HP server hardware, with either MS Windows Standard, Enterprise or Advanced Server OS’s, in addition to confirming Multi-Path and HBA WWN configurations.
- Performing Request for Service (RFS), application installation and changes, on Linux or Windows Server OS’s, running as a virtual on VMWare or on a physical machines, as outlined by the Customer’s application team.
SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR IIIResponsibilities:
- Decommissioned VMWare (Virtual) or Physical Windows/INTEL clustered and non-clustered Servers, server applications and associated SAN for standalone and DB instances. Performed all necessary administration tasks necessary to remove server or application presence from Windows Domain Active Directory and customer billing.
- Performing SAN migrations between IBM and EMC on Windows System Servers using IBM, Dell or HP server hardware, with either MS Windows 20xx Standard, Enterprise or Advanced Server OS’s, in addition to confirming compliance of MS Security and service packs.
- Performed duties of a Team Lead and as a Transition Engineer assisting the Customer Application team, by performing (RFS) application changes on WEB, DB or NON-WEB MS Windows Servers as specified by the Customer’s application team.
SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR IIResponsibilities:
- Delivered Windows System Server installations on IBM, Dell or HP server hardware, using either MS Windows 200x Standard, Enterprise or Advanced Server OS’s, while confirming compliance to MS Security and service packs.
- Deployed Windows 200x servers, either as domain controllers or member servers performing various roles or features, such as Active Directory, DDNS, IIS, SQL, DHCP, WINS, DFS, WUS, file and print.
- Performed identity and access security administration, for compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX), on multiple Confidential MS Windows Active Directory enterprise domains.
Confidential, PHOENIX, AZ
- Migrated Windows NT to Windows enterprise 2000 servers; using Veritas Backup Exec, performed tape backup and restored and verified data before sending tape out for archive.
- Migrated user data, Lotus Notes email and client settings while deploying Dell desktops, configured with Windows XP and Office XP professional.
- Performed upgrade and installation of Cisco Routers, switches and wiring closet connections.
- Performed Windows 2003 System Administration using AD, Exchange 2003, DNS and SQL 2000
- Configured firewall access (port settings) for Sonic Wall Internet Router and DSL/Cable Routers
- Deployed laptops or desktops workstations configured with Windows XP and Office 2003 Professional.
WINDOWS NT NETWORK ADMINISTRATORResponsibilities:
- Provided NT Network Administration and integrated recent company acquisitions into the Corporate Network, supported the data complex consolidation to a new Head Quarters Facilities, while maintaining all daily Windows NT computing business operations.
- Maintain, upgrade and support the Houston NT/2000 based, Enterprise Domains with MS Exchange email, MS SQL, IIS, ProE, Security, DFS, file and print servers.
- Network Administrator team member responsible for Design & Implementation of new Data and Security access structure for all global corporation organizational units
- Performed a Token Ring to Ethernet topology conversion of network interface card, on over 750 Windows NT desktop workstations, using a Novell client.
- Migrated user data, Lotus Notes email and client settings and deployed 300 replacement Dell workstations using Windows NT using Novell client.
WINDOWS SYSTEM ADMINISTRATORResponsibilities:
- Performed System Administration on HP Windows NT 4.0 Servers using Exchange 5.5; file and print; Server tape backups, using ArcServe and supported Windows 2000/NT desktop and laptop workstations either running Sybase SQL Server or client at Houston Navy Recruiting Headquarters.
- Upgraded, installed and supported LAN Cisco Router, Fast Ethernet Switches and Fast Ethernet Hubs.
SUGAR LAND, TX
- Upgraded and deployed multi-platform, desktop and laptop workstations and migrated user data, applications and hardware, including compliance requirements for Y2K.
WINDOWS DESKTOP SUPPORTResponsibilities:
- Performed second-level user site support for over 200 MS Windows NT and 9x Workstations and Laptops, including networked and local printers, including compliance requirements for Y2K.
- Maintain Microsoft Windows NT Operating Systems; perform IAM; maintain file servers and perform daily ArcServe tape backups; update Microsoft Windows NT servers, with required security patches.
WINDOWS 95 SUPPORT ENGINEERResponsibilities:
- Performed Windows 95 operating system technical telephone support for Confidential clients ranging from, but not limited to, operating system installation, application installation, involving detailed knowledge of the network software and hardware, the PC BIOS and hardware and all other OS aspects through network connectivity using either Novell or MS Windows NT.
Confidential, TUCSON, AZ
- Performed Server and Network Administration of MS Windows NT and Novell 3.12 Servers.
- Performed Network Implementation and Interoperability of heterogeneous platforms
- Performed design, procure, build, assemble, upgrade, configure or set-up and install of multi-platform servers or workstation hardware, their operating system and application software, including networked or local peripherals
- Performed user support for multi-platform servers and workstations - consisting of Macintosh (Apple), IBM or other Intel-based workstations; while using multi-protocols, including networked or local peripherals
- Performed multi-platform server backups and restores, using either Novell or Windows backup software.