- Over 6+ years of professional experience as a System Administrator in various environments including Red Hat Linux, SuSE Linux, Debian and Sun Solaris platforms.
- Experience in installation, configuration, upgrade, maintenance, performance monitoring and troubleshooting of Sun Solaris 8, 9 and 10 and RHEL (Red Hat Enterprise Linux) 4.x, 5.x and 6.x and SuSE 10 and 11 on various types of servers.
- Efficient in installation, configuration and implementation of RAID using various tools like Veritas Volume Manager, Logical Volume Manager and Solaris Volume Manager.
- Experience in implementation of high availability using Veritas Cluster Server 4.x, 5.x.
- Creation and maintenance of virtualized environments with Solaris Zones on Solaris 10 servers.
- Experience with installation, maintenance and troubleshooting of RHEL 4.x, 5.x, 6.x on VMware based environments.
- Experience with working on ZFS file systems which included tasks such as creation, mirroring, cloning and perform snapshots.
- Configuration and Administration of NFS, DNS, NIS, DHCP and LDAP on Solaris and Linux.
- Installing, performance tuning and troubleshooting of various Application Servers/Clients like Tomcat, Oracle, and Apache.
- Experience in implementing backup solutions using Veritas NetBackup 4.5, 5 and 6.5.
- Good knowledge in Shell scripting using bash, sh, ksh, and PERL
- Experience in solving day - to-day operational issues and technical issues on system integration and managing user and security administration.
- Proficient in Performance Monitoring of CPU, Disks, memory and Network.
- Excellent knowledge of SAN Administration, LAN/WAN/Subnets/VPN/Firewalls, TCP/IP networks, OSI layers, and Client/Server architecture.
- Good knowledge in Load Balancing.
- Knowledge on tools such as Chef & Puppet
- Documenting processes, best practices, troubleshooting procedures, presentations on intranet servers which include wikis.
Operating Systems: RHEL 3.x, 4.x, 5.x, 6.x, SuSE 10,11, SOLARIS 9, 10
Hardware: HP ProLiant DL380, BL380, BL460c, ML350, DL585-G2, Sun Blade x6270, M3, SPARC T4-1B, IBM x3650, X5450, E SERIES X205, Sun Blade T6320 G2, Blade X4450, SPARC T4-1B, Sun Fire E15K, 25K, E250, E3500, E4500, E6500, M5000, M8000, v490, v890, T2000, T5120,T5240, T5520, x4100, x4250, 280R, 220R, 420, 450, E4500, 10, 20, SUN Ultra SPARC Servers, 1, 2, 10, Enterprise Server 250, 450 E220 R, E3500, A1000, D1000, 3510, 3511,HDS 9980, StorageTek L700e, Dell 6800, 6850.
DISK Management: Veritas Volume Manager, Logical Volume Manager
Scripting: Bash, sh, ksh, csh,
Networking Services: NIS, NFS, AutoFS, DNS, SSH and Sendmail
Confidential, FAIRFIELD, CA
SR. LINUX ADMINISTRATOR
- Part of a Support team which manages thousands of Linux, AIX & Solaris servers in both physical & virtual environments.
- Performed several OS upgrades on Linux servers to maintain the servers OS version up to date
- Successfully handled Tech Lead support for the Production Incidents that occur & worked towards the issue resolution in stipulated time by taking responsibility
- Installed & configured Monitoring tools such as Tripwire, Patrol, BSM
- Installation, Configuration & support of tools such as Power Broker Identity Services(PBIS) & Quest Authentication Services(QAS) for AD integration of Linux, AIX & Solaris.
- Security patch updates on Linux servers to remediate the Security Vulnerabilities
- Designed, implemented, documented, and manages Red Hat Satellite infrastructure in order to automate the provisioning, configuration, and patching of several Red Hat Linux systems.
- Created and used kickstart scripts for remote OS installation
- Installation, Configuration & support of TSM (Tivoli Storage Manager) agents across the Linux, Unix servers & upgraded in timely manner for remediating security vulnerabilities
- Successfully rebuilt servers from Bare metal & restored data - in the events of double disk failure, etc.
- Participated in DR exercises & Failover that occur periodically in both Infrastructure level & Application level.
- BMC Remedy for Change Management, Incident Management, Problem Management & Request Management
- Documented several Standard Operating Procedures for Performance troubleshooting, tuning of OS parameters, etc.
- Follow-ups on the Production incidents that were resolved by Providing Executive Summary & Root Cause Analysis to the higher Management.
ENVIRONMENT: RHEL 5.x, 6.x, VMware ESX 4.x, 5.x, Solaris 8, 9,10, AIX 5.x, 6.x, 7.x, VIO 1.x, 2.x, Dell Power Edge R610, R710, R720, R900, R910, Apache, Weblogic, Oracle, OEM, OSB, TSM, EMC, Hitachi, Tripwire, Quest, PBIS.
Confidential, FORT WASHINGTON, PA
- Working in an UNIX environment which hosted RHEL, Ubuntu, CentOS and Solaris Operating Systems
- Installation & Configuration of servers with RHEL, Ubuntu, CentOS & Solaris
- Installation & Configuration of various applications such as JIRA, OSB, SPLUNK, JBOSS, Apache, etc. on RHEL servers
- Troubleshooting & performance tuning of the servers for CPU, Memory, Network and Disk performance issues.
- Installation & Configuration of LAMP(Linux, Apache, MySQl, PHP) Servers
- Support & Maintain the LAMP servers - troubleshoot for any issues
- Migration of servers from legacy Datacenter to a new Datacenter
- Maintenance of servers in Cloud Infrastructure with Vendors like Amazon web services and Tier3
- Installation, Configuration of third-party tools such as Centrify, Zenoss, Monitis, NewRelic, Appdynamics, etc.
- Monitoring the servers (both Server level & Application) using different tools such as Zenoss, NewRelic, Appdynamics and Monitis
- An effective communicator with exceptional relationship management and client co-ordination skills which includes gathering business requirements with respect to IT infrastructure and making sure their requirements are achieved.
- Coordinate with other teams like Network, Storage and Windows for smooth operation of the projects.
- Research and propose new technologies and procedures to further streamline and automate processes.
- Involved & Documented the Disaster Recovery(DR) Process and Business Continuity Process(BCP)
- Usage of BMC Remedy force & JIRA ticketing systems
- User administration - providing access & managing the users
- Installation, configuration of Splunk across the Linux servers to collect & analyze both the server and application logs.
- Supporting applications such as JBoss, Weblogic, OSB (Oracle Service Bus), JIRA, Wordpress running on Linux and Solaris Servers.
- Installation, Configuration and Managing of JBoss application across Solaris & Redhat Linux environments.
- Involved in the migration of JBoss application from Solaris to RHEL.
- Installation & Configuration of Weblogic and OSB (Oracle Service Bus) application on the Linux environment.
- Knowledge in Cisco UCS Director to provision servers.
- Creating Pools, pool members in F5 - good knowledge on load balancing
- Worked as on-call Production Support 24x7
ENVIRONMENT: RHEL 5.x, 6.x, SLES 11.x, Ubuntu, CentOS, VMware ESX 4.x, 5.x, Solaris 10, JBoss 4.x, 5.x, 6.x, Weblogic 10.x, 11.x, OSB, Apache, MySql, Wordpress, Windows, NetApp, F5
- Worked in a vastly diversified UNIX environment which hosted RedHat Enterprise Linux, SuSE Enterprise Linux and Solaris operating systems.
- Built servers running RedHat Enterprise Linux 5.x, 6.x and SuSE 10.x, 11.x in both dedicated and virtualized environments based on requirements of the customer.
- Worked on various Logical Volume Manager tasks that included adding disks to the volume groups, increasing the size of the logical volumes and creating new file systems on those logical volumes.
- Worked on Veritas Volume Manager in creating disk groups and volumes.
- Installed and configured IBM Tivoli Manager & SMARTS for monitoring performance of the servers in various levels including Network, CPU, Memory and Disk performance.
- Provided and granted access to various users manually or by using Secure4Access tool.
- Configured and fine-tuned various servers running Websphere Application Server according to the specifications required for the application.
- Establishing of corporate standard documentation for deployment and Testing.
- Knowledge transition for new onshore & offshore resources and updating technical document as and when required.
- Ensuring the effective delivery of servers within the stipulated SLA.
- Successfully completed the transition at onsite and deployed the project at offshore.
- Good experience in monitoring, implementing, and documenting the entire DR process
- Installing, administering Red-Hat using Xen, KVM based hypervisors.
- Implemented disk mirroring (RAID 1) and striping with parity (RAID 5)
- Implemented Solaris Zones on servers running Solaris 10. These included creation of sparse root and whole root Zones.
- Network administration and monitoring on Linux and Solaris server using third party tools such as Nagios and native UNIX commands like netstat, ifconfig, ethtool, traceroute and tcpdump.
- Implemented NFS, NIS and LDAP on both Solaris and Linux servers
- Acquired SAN storage and configured it under different type of volume managers in Linux and Solaris environments.
- Involved in several projects Datacenter/Server consolidation and virtualization using VMware technologies
- Migrations of servers from physical to virtual
- Worked on different blade servers
- HBA card installations on Various hardware
- Worked with Solaris and Linux(DM) Multipathing & PowerPath
- Documented various procedures for installation, upgrades, bug fixes and troubleshooting for all types of UNIX environments.
- Worked on-call L3 Support 24x7 on a weekly basis
- Attended team meetings, change control meetings to update installation progress and for upcoming changes in environment
ENVIRONMENT: RHEL 4.x, 5.x, 6.x, SLES 10.x, 11.x, VMware ESX 3.x, 4.x, 5.x, Solaris 8, 9, 10, Secure4Access, Veritas Volume Manager 4.1, 5.x, HP ProLiant DL380, BL380, BL460c, ML350, DL585-G2, Sun Blade x6270, M3, SPARC T4-1B, IBM x3650, X5450, E SERIES X205, Sun Blade T6320 G2, Blade X4450, SPARC T4-1B, Sun Fire E15K, 25K, E250, E3500, E4500, E6500, M5000, M8000, v490, v890, T2000, T5120,T5240, T5520, x4100, x4250, 280R, 220R, 420, 450, E4500, 10, 20, Veritas Cluster 5.x, EMC Clariion
SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR (SOLARIS/LINUX)
- Jumpstart and Flash Installation of Solaris 10 on Sun SPARC T2000 and M5000 Servers for testing, production and disaster recovery setup as required.
- Installation of Red Hat using Kickstart.
- Creation of file systems using ZFS and setup quotas in zpools
- Installation of Software Packages and checking the integrity of installed packages using RPM’s on Red Hat servers.
- Responsible for planning the migration of applications among environments.
- Configuration and maintenance of Solaris10 for various applications
- Administration of Services using SMF. Error detection and Observation of services
- Implementation of non global zones for Oracle and SAP. Patching of zones and migration of zones from Sun v440 to Sun M5000
- Performed volume management using VERITAS Storage Foundation 4.1, 5.0 which included the encapsulation, initialization, root disk mirroring, export / import of disk groups etc.
- Maintained Volumes and File Systems using Logical Volume Manager on Dell PowerEdge servers 1850/2850.
- Installing of VERITAS Cluster Server 5.0 for High Availability and configuring a fail over Cluster. Adding and removing nodes from a cluster configuration.
- Implemented VERITAS Cluster 5.0 for Oracle 10g, Sun JES Web Server 6.1 and SAP agents.
- Installation and management of applications like Apache 2.2, Sun JES Web Server 6.1, Oracle 10g and Sybase 12.5 on Solaris 10.
- Extensive troubleshooting of issues related to network, hardware, Operating System, applications, users, and resource failovers on VCS 5.0 etc.
- Automated repetitive administrative tasks like parsing of files, creating users, backing up file systems, transfer of files for ftp and sftp etc. using bash, korn shell
- Solaris10 migration from E220, V440, V890 to M5000.
ENVIRONMENT: Solaris 10, Veritas Cluster Server 5.0, Veritas Storage Foundation 5, Veritas Netbackup 6.5, Oracle 10g and Powerpath, Microsoft Windows 2003, Sun servers E220, V440, V890, M5000, T2000, Dell PowerEdge 1850, Dell PowerEdge 2850, Sun Storage 7110
UNIX SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR
- Solaris 10 build and configuration using Jumpstart and Flash Installation specifically on Sun SPARC T2000 and M5000 Servers for testing and production environments.
- Applying patch bundles on all types of servers to get them to the latest kernel patch level.
- Upgrading system firmware on various types of servers which included V440, V490, V890, E2900 T2000, M4000 and M5000.
- Creation of file systems using ZFS and setup quotas in zpools, zpool mirroring, adding storage to the zpool, setting up devices in the zpool using RAID levels.
- Administration of Services using SMF. Error detection and Observation of services
- Implementation of non global zones for Oracle and SAP. Patching of zones and migration of zones from Sun v440 to Sun M5000. Solaris10 migration from E220, V440, V890 to M5000.
- Performed volume management using Veritas Storage Foundation 4.1, 5.0 which included the encapsulation, initialization, root disk mirroring, and export/import of disk groups.
- Installation, configuration and troubleshooting of Veritas Cluster Server 5.0 for High Availability and configuring a fail over Cluster. Adding and removing nodes from a cluster configuration.
- Implementing virtualization using VMware ESX 3.5, vSphere 4.0, Solaris zones and Xen Server.
- Implemented Veritas Cluster 5.0 for Oracle 10g, Sun JES Web Server 6.1 and SAP agents.
- Installation and management of applications like Apache 2.2, Tomcat, Sun JES Web Server 6.1, Oracle 10g and Sybase 12.5 on Solaris 10.
- Installation and upgrades of multipathing software EMC Power path from 4.x to 5.x.
- Assistance to the storage team on SAN migrations from an old storage array to a new storage array which included labeling the new luns, copying the VTOC, migrating the data using OM (Open Migrator) software.
- Automated repetitive administrative tasks like parsing of files, creating users, backing up file systems, transfer of files for ftp and sftp etc. using bash, korn shell.
ENVIRONMENT: Solaris 10, Veritas Cluster Server 5.0, Veritas Storage Foundation 5, Veritas Netbackup 6.5, Oracle 10g and Power path, Microsoft Windows 2003, Sun servers E220, V440, V890, M5000, T2000, Dell PowerEdge 1850, Dell PowerEdge 2850, Sun Storage 7110
- Installation of Solaris 9 and 10 OS, and Patches. Installation/Upgrade of Enterprise Servers to meet specific test setup requirements.
- Installed and configured Zones/containers on Sun Servers.
- Creating LDOMs and configuring them on sun cool thread T2000 servers.
- Administration of Veritas Volume Manager for mirroring and implementing RAID 5
- Installed, configured and maintained VERITAS Volume manager for A1000, A5200 and SAN storage.
- Installation and configuration and troubleshooting of Solaris Volume Manager on Solaris 9 and 10 servers which included creation of metadevices and metasets,, mirroring of the metadevices, setting up RAID on the metadevices
- Installed and upgraded Veritas NetBackup that included creating Classes, defining Class attributes and Schedules, adding new clients.
- Implementation of NFS, NIS and DNS environments on Solaris 10 and RHEL.
- Implementations of protocols like SSH, SFTP, FTP and LDAP using Open SSH.
- Installed and configured remote HP-Proliant DL 360G5 (VM) Servers using ILO and installed RHEL 4.x, 5 as the guest operating systems. Performed physical machine to virtual machine (P2V) using VMware infrastructure client.
- Troubleshooting Production Server Problems related to web applications, Cluster failover, disk space, File system, DNS and network connectivity.
- Shell scripting using ksh, PERL, to automate the test procedures, transfer of data, processing of flat files etc.
ENVIRONMENT: Solaris 8,9,10, RHEL 4.x, 5.x, SunFire 4500/6500/440/420 r/Netra T1 Sun Fire V880/V490, Sun Sparc T2000, M5000, T5200, T5240, Sun Storage A1000, A5200 and SAN storage, enabled iPlanet 4.1SP7/6.0, Apache web server 2.x and Web Logic 9.x, VERITAS Netbackup 5.0, VERITAS Volume Manager 5.1, Veritas Cluster Server 4.x, SAMBA, NFS, DNS, Open SSH, LDAP.