- Associates of Science Criminal Justice Technology / Public Safety Services Cross Discipline Criminal Justice with a primary focus on Gang Investigations & Homeland Security
- Certified in CompTIA A+, Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP), VMWare Certified Associate - Data Center Virtualization (VCA-DCV), VMWare Certified Associate - Workforce Mobility (VCA-WM), CompTIA Security+, CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP), & Office 365
- 10 Years administrating Windows Server 2003, 2008 R2, 2012 R2, 2016, Linux, & Solaris environments
- 10 Years administrating & managing Physical & Virtual Servers, SCCM, Citrix XenApp & Citrix XenDesktop, Network Switches, Routers, Firewalls, & SAN/NAS
- 10 years of solid experience troubleshooting PC & laptop hardware & software
- 10 years of Systems/Networking/Storage/Security Administrator, Engineer, & Architect experience
Computers: Dell Optiplex Series PC s, IBM Thinkcenter PC s, Dell Latitude D Series Laptops, IBM, HP Laptops
Servers: Dell, HP, & Hitachi Servers
Firewalls: Sonicwall, Cisco ASA, Symantec, Alien Vault Cisco SourceFire FirePower/FireAmp, & Cisco ISE
Tablets: Apple iPad, HP Touchpad
Phones: Apple iPhone, HTC, Android, Cisco, Blackberry, ShoreTel
Printers: HP, Dell, Sharp, RICOH, & Lexmark series printers. Daasult & Vidtronix bag tag & boarding pass printers
Routers/Switches: Dell, Cisco, HP, Hitachi, Brocade, Linksys, Ethernet, Multilayer Fabric, iSCSISAN/NAS: Dell EqualLogic, NetAPP, HP 3Par, EMC VNX, Hitachi, Non-Disruptive Migrations (NDM)
Operating Systems: Windows 95, 98, 2000, ME, XP, Vista, 7, 8.0, 8,1, 10; Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2012; MAC OS, Apple IOS, Cisco IOS, ESXi 4-6, Linux, CentOS, Redhat, Solaris
Network Management: Active Directory 2003, 2008, 2012, SMS, VNC, Remote Desktop, Splashtop, Lync, LogMeIn
Virtualization: VMWare Vsphere, vCloud Director, VMWare Government Services Citrix XenCenter, Citrix XenApp, Citrix XenDesktop, Microsoft Hyper-V, VirtualBox; SCCM, SCOM, Remote Desktop Services (RDS), RSA Security, SQL Server, ADFS, WAP
Backups: Symantec, Dell PowerVault, EMC Avamar, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Veeam
Senior Systems Engineer / Systems Architect
- Senior Systems Engineer / Systems Architect at Confidential corporate headquarters. Working as a Systems/Networking/Storage /Security Engineer and Architect.
- Planning, Design, and Discovery of VMWare & Citrix physical and virtual environments.
- Planning, Design, Architecture, & Implementation of SCCM & SCOM throughout entire company. Responsible for all aspects such as Hardware & Software Metering, Application, Software & Operating System Deployment, Software Updates, SQL Server Database, Sharepoint, & Exchange Server.
- Planning, Design, Architecture, Implementation & Deployment of RSA throughout entire company including: Primary & Replica Instances, Web Tiers in the DMZ, Authentication Manager, Integration of RSA with LDAP & Cisco VPN.
- Documentation & Implementation of standing up new physical site locations. Creating the VMWare ESX/ESXi/vSphere & vCenter environment, Domain Controllers, Storage/SAN, Networking, Firewalls, & Security.
- Planning, Design, Architecture, & Implementation of Remote Desktop Services (RDS) to replace Citrix XenDesktop and Citrix XenApp environment for use in remote & secured government sites.
- Implementation of ADFS, WAP, Cisco SourceFire FirePower/FireAmp, Cisco ISE, & AlienVault.
- Documentation and Training including creation of Video Tutorials for coworkers and lower Tier support on a wide variety of topics.
- Backup and Recovery of VMWare environment utilizing Amazon Web Services (AWS) & Veeam.
- Travel to remote locations for Implementation of Physical and Virtual environments to design & scope out new site locations.
- Remote & Physical support of environments in multiple federal government agencies at both cleared and non-cleared sites.
- Project Management of SCCM, Citrix XenApp & XenDesktop, VMWare, RSA, & Remote Desktop Services (RDS).
Senior Systems Engineer / Systems Architect
- Senior Systems Engineer / Systems Architect at Media Matters for America on Contract. Working as a Systems/Networking/Storage Engineer and Architect.
- Architectural Planning, Design and Discovery of Rack Topology and complete architectural redesign of entire Server Room to utilize current Racks, Servers, Network Switches, Cabling, Storage Arrays, UPS, and Tape Libraries, increase airflow, power management, and lower the overall temperature of the Server Room by more than 25 degrees.
- Implementation of Dell EqualLogic iSCSI SANs reconfigured to be able to run at optimal utilization for current and future Storage Arrays, Servers, FC iSCSI Switches, Network Switches, Tape Libraries, and VMWare VSphere.
- Upgrade of VMWare ESXi hosts to VMWare ESXi 6.0 and maintenance creation to keep servers up to date on latest patches and security updates.
- Reconfigured multiple Dell PowerConnect Network Switches to allow VLANs to communicate across Trunk Link-Aggregation (LAG & LACP) connections to utilize VMWare VMotion at optimized speed on multiple ESXi 6.0 hosts.
- Migration of Physical Servers, Storage Arrays, and Network Switches to a virtualized environment running on VMWare VSphere 6.0.
- Conversion of Virtual Servers running on Microsoft Hyper-V to VMWare VSphere.
- Creation of VLANs in the current Dell PowerConnect Network Switch environment to support separate environments and Firewalls for acquired companies that can communicate with each other as needed.
- Architectural Planning, Design, and Implementation of multiple Windows Server 2012 Domains to migrate all server roles and features from Windows Server 2003 and 2008 Virtual Machines on VMWAre VSphere 6.0 using Non-Disruptive Migrations (NDM).
- Creation of Group Policies Objects in Windows Server 2003, 2008, and 2012 Active Directory Environments.
- Creation of and Implementation of Backups for multiple environments utilizing Dell EqualLogic SANs and Dell PowerVault Tape Libraries.
- Administration of Pertino VPN.
Senior Systems Administrator / Systems Engineer
- Senior Systems Administration / Systems Engineering of Windows, Linux & Solaris Server environments, & Storage devices for Confidential Hosting / QTS Data Centers & their customers.
- Operational support in response to monitoring alerts & resolving incidents.
- Worked in over 1,000 of different unique environments & networks working with a wide variety of server & storage hardware including Dell, HP, NetApp, HP 3Par, EMC, & EMC VNX.
- Delivered customer-focused support through phone calls and ticket-based communications.
- System maintenance, hardware & OS upgrades, software & application patching, server hardening, & resolving security risks.
- Data backup & restores for tape & disk platforms using EMC Avamar, eVault, & Symantec NetBackup.
- Responded to telephone calls, email & client requests via tickets for technical support of Servers.
- Worked closely with others to troubleshoot complex customer issues and document solutions.
- Recommend systems modifications to improve network and hardware components as needed.
- Managed & assigned tickets to ensure SLA compliance & customer satisfaction.
- Managed & configure environments using VMWare, vCloud Director, VMWare Government Services, Hyper-V, & Citrix XenApp & Citrix XenDesktop
Service Desk Engineer
- Remote support for over 700 clients including standard desktop support issues for PC & Mac, viruses, malware removal, MS Exchange, Network & Printer connectivity, & software support
- Support client servers & networks including connectivity, disk space, sharing & security configuration, backups, patching, & maintenance
- Exchange support including mailbox setup, distribution lists, security, send-on-behalf rights, resource mailboxes, aliases, offline database defragmentation, & NT Backups
- Spam protection with Postini, including account setup, filter levels, policies, & black & white lists for client organizations & individual users
- Provide support and configuration for Dell SonicWall, Cisco ASA, & Symantec Firewalls
- VMWare server Virtualization in multi-domain environments utilizing V-Sphere, Citrix, Small Business Server 2011, & Hyper-V
- Active Directory, Group Policy, Exchange, Office 365, Google Apps, & ShoreTel Administration & Configuration
- IT Trainer & Subject Matter Expert (SME) for NIPR, SIPR, & JWICS Tactical Local Area Network (TACLAN) Systems.
- Traveled to Military bases throughout the US to train soldiers and military personnel on the Installation and maintenance of TACLAN systems.
- Gave lectures on the following subjects: Networking Essentials, Windows Server 2008 R2, Cisco IOS, SAN, Virtualization, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, WDS, Microsoft Exchange Server 2010, WAVE, Data Archiving, Network Security, & Troubleshooting.
- Coordinated with Engineering, Technical Writers, and Hardware Technicians for the development of lectures, installation manuals, & training material.
- Administered written & practical tests to assess student performance & understanding of the material.
- Led hands on labs to show soldiers & military personal on how to install & configure Microsoft Server 2008 R2, Microsoft Exchange 2010, Active Directory, VMWare, Hyper-V, DNS, DHCP, WDS, NetAPP SAN, Cisco Routers & Switches, Firewalls, and Data Backups to support networks of up to 100 users on a secured network.
- Showed soldiers how to utilize SCCM, SCOM, & SCSM 2012 R2 to administer patch management, generate custom reports, application & operating systems distribution, & hardware & software inventory.
Senior Systems Administrator
- Federal Government contractor as a Senior Systems Administrator at the Confidential
- Utilized Active Directory to setup user & computer accounts, assign rights, created security & distribution groups to manage users and Accounts in a Windows Server 2008 R2 & Windows Server 2012 R2 Enterprise Environment.
- Troubleshoot hardware & software related problems. Install, configure & upgrade Laptops, Desktops & Printers
- Provide end-user training for hardware & software & interface with internal & external support desks
- Asset inventory & control, creating & maintaining system images, project management, data recovery, server backups, & data security
- Utilized SCCM, SCOM, & SCSM 2012 R2 to administer patch management, generate custom reports, application & operating systems distribution, & hardware & software inventory to approximately 1200-1500 systems
- Support for approximately 1200-1500 users both onsite & remotely by installing, maintaining, & troubleshooting Microsoft Exchange 2010 on Servers both physical & virtual running Microsoft Server 2008 & Microsoft Server 2012.
- Troubleshooting & resolving issues related to Symantec Endpoint Encryption (SEE), McAfee Host Intrusion Prevention System (HIPS), VA Virtual Private Network (VPN), Microsoft Lync, 2010, & Windows 7
- Scanning, cleaning, removal of, & offering advice on security threats, viruses, malware, & unauthorized programs on laptops & desktops
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) for a wide variety of issues in relation to maintaining, troubleshooting, imaging, security encryption, & antivirus security in Windows XP & Windows 7 environments.
- Support & troubleshooting for Cisco Citrix Access Gateway (CAG)
- Active Directory creation & management of User Accounts & Computer accounts, group policy, permissions
- Hard Drive removal, excess, & destruction in accordance with Federal Guidelines
- Supervision & mentorship of other Confidential employees working as Junior IT Technicians, coordination with management on employee policies & procedures, recommendations & review of potential employee candidates, contracting terms & conditions
- MBI Federal Security Clearance.
Technical Support Specialist / Systems Administrator
- Worked as a contractor as a Systems Administrator at Hillsborough Kids Inc.
- Hardware & software support & troubleshooting for laptops, desktops, cell phones, VOIP phones, Blackberry, printers, print servers, & networking.
- Responsible for server backups, inventory, project management, & Active Directory management.
- Provided Level 1, 2, & 3 Help Desk, on-site & remote support for multiple locations.
- Utilized SCCM, SCOM, & SCSM 2012 R2 to administer patch management, generate custom reports, application & operating systems distribution, & hardware & software inventory to approximately 300-500 systems.
- Utilized Active Directory to setup user accounts, assign rights, create security & distribution groups to manage users and Accounts in a Windows Server 2008 R2 environment,
- Supported 1000+ users in a Microsoft Exchange 2007 & Microsoft Exchange 2010 Environment.
- Encrypted & Decrypted data to protect highly sensitive information for the Department of Children & Families.
Technical Support Analyst / Systems Administrator
- Worked as a contractor in as a Systems Administrator at Nielsen Media Research
- Built, configured & performed troubleshooting on issues with PC’s, laptops, monitors, computer hardware & software, Microsoft Office Suite 2003 - 2010.
- Utilized Active Directory to setup user & computer accounts, assign rights, created security & distribution groups to manage users and Accounts in a Windows Server 2008 R2 Environment of 3000+ users.
- Utilized SCCM 2007 to administer patch management, generate custom reports, application & operating systems distribution, & hardware & software inventory to approximately 3000+ systems.
- Supported 3000+ users in a Microsoft Exchange 2007 & Microsoft Exchange 2010 Environment.
- Tested, implemented, & created images to be used for individual departments.
- Data recovery & backup.
Level 1 Network Analyst / Systems Administrator
- Built, configured & performed troubleshooting on issues with PC’s, laptops, kiosks, printers, print servers, routers, monitors, computer hardware & software.
- Level 1, 2, & 3 Help Desk, provided standard business hours &after hours on-site & off-site support.
- Support for approximately 3000 users both onsite & remotely by installing, maintaining, & troubleshooting Microsoft Exchange 2007 on Servers both physical & virtual running Microsoft Server 2003 & Microsoft Server 2008 R2.
- Utilized SCCM, SCOM, & SCSM 2007 to administer patch management, generate custom reports, application & operating systems distribution, & hardware & software inventory to approximately 1000+ systems.
- Ensured user data security, disaster recovery, inventory, asset tracking, & emergency response initiatives.
- Worked with external businesses to ensure IT systems & network support business & production objectives.
- Traveled to company locations as required to assist in moves, deployments, & troubleshooting.
- Provided support for company approved software packages including Microsoft Office, Lotus Notes, McAfee Antivirus, Microsoft Windows Operating Systems, Cisco VPN, & Sabre Products.
- Performed network & computer troubleshooting to isolate & diagnose common network problems to be able to isolate network patch & switch connections
- Created, maintained, & reviewed documentation for effective troubleshooting, installations, & training.