I am currently seeking a full-time position in a company which will utilize my VMware and SAN skills as well as allow me to keep up with ever changing technologies. I wish to grow within a company that allows me to continue enhancing my current skill sets as well as gain new skills as necessary for the position or future projects the company may face. I am dedicated and would like to stay with a company long term.
IT Professional III May 2001 to Present
- Executed daily maintenance of the VMware environment to include troubleshooting and configurations as required.
- Planned policies and procedures for carrying out virtualization operations.
- Wrote, designed and produced documents related to the virtual environment and other areas of responsibility.
- Met with supervisors to discuss the progress of daily work and projects.
- Was instrumental in virtualizing the Department's 150+ physical servers.
- Experienced in ESX version 3.x and ESXi versions 3.x and 4.x with exposure to RC1 of version 5 via Beta Testing.
- VMware View 2.x, 3.x and 4.x experience.
- Worked with VMware Site Recovery Manager to develop a Disaster Recovery solution using HP Continuous Access and HP Business Copy.
- Periodic use of VMware Update Manager to ensure the Virtual Environment is kept up to date with the latest Patches, VMware Tools on the Virtual Machines as well as ensuring the Hardware Versions matched that of the ESX Hosts.
- Use VMware Converter and PEBuilder to convert physical machines into virtual machines (P2V) as well as virtual machines to virtual machines (V2V).
- Ensured that standards for quality and quantity of work were met.
- Trained 6 staff on the help desk to access the Virtual Environment.
- Review daily logs and reports to detect problems.
- Consulted with software and hardware vendors and other workers to procure hardware and software or to solve problems in impeding computer operations
- Met with users to determine quality of service and identify needs.
- Met with managers to determine the impact of proposed changes in hardware and software on computer operations.
- Evaluated new software and hardware to determine compatibility with existing software and hardware.
- Structured and maintained the HP Storageworks EVA 4000/8000/8100 SAN environment to include capacity planning, monitoring.
- Reconfigured the SAN Environment as needed to improve performance.
- Configured HP branded Brocade Switches to interlink sites using dark fiber, ESX single initiator zoning as well as specific zone needs for backup of virtual machines and SQL Clustering.
- Evaluated proposed data processing projects to assess adequacy of existing hardware and recommended purchase of equipment.
- Developed budget and monitored expenditures.
- Experience with all versions of Microsoft Windows Server as well as all Desktop versions including Windows XP and Windows 7
- Exposure to Microsoft System Center suite of products, specifically SCCM and SCOM.
- SQL Server, all versions, running of SQL Scripts for everyday maintenance.
- Use PowerShell and VB scripting for admin tasks.
- Use Active Directory, DNS, DHCP.
- Use of Blackberry Enterprise Server 4.x with exposure to BES 5.x.
- Cisco exposure, switch configuration using ssh, VLAN understanding, Trunking, etc.
- Assisted in the move of the main datacenter to a new location working with project managers and providing input as to the layout and configuration of the new datacenter.
- Participated in numerous after-hours activities to ensure minimal downtime of critical systems for upgrades and scheduled maintenance.
- Occasional On-call support as needed when problems arose bringing the systems back online as quickly as possible.
Confidential Summer 1999 to May 2002
- Maintained and setup new user security accounts for Windows 2000 Active Directory
- Did troubleshooting, diagnosed, installed, upgraded, configured, and repaired computer systems and network system components.
- Trained 100+ customers on various Microsoft Office Applications such as MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint.
- Developed procedures and practices for testing reliability and stability of software components and interfaces for network environments.
- Administered all Desktop related functions including hardware and software set-up and configuration.
- Did troubleshooting on network connectivity, desktop configuration, printer connectivity, and network access issues regarding permissions.
- Set up network using Ethernet topology, spliced cables, laid cables and installed computers.
- Supervised 3 people on the repair, build and configuration of PC's, Servers, and Networks.
United States Air Force Locations Worldwide
Confidential June 1989 to April 1999
Confidential June 2002
Expected Completion December 2011
- VI3: Install, Configure, and Manage
- VI3: Deploy, Secure & Analyze
- Managing HP StorageWorks Enterprise Virtual Array
- EVA 2: Business Continuity and Availability.
- Various Microsoft Training courses for Windows Server, System Center Operations Manager/Configuration Manager, Windows PowerShell, VB Scripting, Batch Scripting.
- ITIL v3 Certified
- A+ Certified Technician
Available upon request