Senior Systems Engineer
Leadership | 17 Years Experience | Network Support/Design | Project Management
Results-oriented engineer with a proven track record in dynamic, fast-paced environments; Well respected and experienced in network design, support, and client technical management; Exceptional in customer relations, communication, and rapport techniques; Highly adaptive strategic thinker, problem solver, with attention to detail; Proven ability to gain clients’ confidence, trust, and understanding.
- Windows Servers NT-2008 R2
- EMC SAN Storage
- Exchange 2000 - 2010
- Veritas Backup Exec
- SQL Administration
- Cisco Equipment
- Project Management
- Network Security
- Trend Micro
- Fortinet Appliances
- Sarbanes Oxley
- Disaster Recovery
- Active Directory
- IT Auditing/Compliance
- VMware ESXi 3.5 and 4.x
- VCenter server (Vmotion, DRS)
Confidential – Atlanta, GA Sept 2011 – Present
A SAAS energy management company
Worked to design new corporate network from scratch after company merger. Designed new MPLS network, added new VMware clusters, and working on deploying new Cisco VoIP solution. Merged active directory domains and migrated users and computers. Implemented helpdesk ticket system, and desktop management processes and software to increase efficiency. Working to move all infrastructure to CoLo and cloud based systems. Worked to integrate our product set with very large fortune 50 clients.
- Designed new network backbone using MPLS
- Installed new Fortinet firewalls to increase security and network control setup IPS, and Application control, as well as logging for compliance
- Upgraded Vmware ESX from 3.5 to 4.11 added new host servers, and upgraded Vcenter
- Worked to help integrate our systems with multiple fortune 50 companies.
- Worked to move key servers to cloud based services like Amazon EC2 and Microsoft Azure.
Confidential – Atlanta, GA May 2010 – Sept 2011
A regional wholesale and retail mortgage lender
Worked as senior network support, worked with helpdesk personal to establish policies and procedures, designed and install Fortinet Security appliances, which added web filtering, IPS, and on the wire anti virus,, spam filtering and application control. Setup helpdesk process and software. Installed network monitoring to allow IT to take a more proactive approach. Redesigned MPLS cloud for better security and better efficiency. Virtualized server hardware into a VMware 4.11 cluster. Installed cloud based E-mail archiving to help with compliance. Created new 2008 R2 terminal services remote access server to help streamline access for remote users.
- Reduced IT budget by over 10k a month
- Designed and implemented security policies and worked with auditors to gain compliance
- Installed VMware 4.11 cluster and Vcenter and virtualized existing server hardware
- Migrated from Exchange 2007 to exchange 2010
- Installed Fortinet appliances for security and compliance
Confidential – Marietta, GA July 2008 – May 2010
A global logistics company logistics service provider
Senior Systems Engineer
Worked as lead and senior technical contact on all technical issues company wide. Designed new VoIP telephone system and deployed globally. Worked on re-engineering the mail server infrastructure to include upgrading to exchange 2007. Introduced server virtualization into environment to help reduce costs while still maintaining uptime. Worked towards deployment of share point intranet website to improve workflow and communication globally.
- Designed and implemented global VoIP solution
- Re-engineering infrastructure and deployed new collocation facility to improve speed and uptime for critical applications
- Designed, implemented and supported global VPN network
Confidential – Alpharetta, GA Oct 2006 – June 2008
An outsourced IT solution provider that specializes in local Small to Medium size Business IT solutions
Senior Systems Engineer
Served as final escalation point for mission critical problems; Assisted with pre-sales engineering and helped developed new project process workflow. Project management, design and implementation work for over 200 small and medium-sized businesses. Did research and development for new upcoming products or to replace existing products. Consulted business owners on yearly needs and helped them manage future growth. Managed the internal network with the expectation of 100% uptime. Worked closely with the other team members as a mentor to help improve efficiency.
- Designed, and implemented four successful exchange 2007 server migrations.
- Redesigned network-monitoring package to improve monthly revenue income and allow for a more proactive approach to customer networks.
- Maintained highest billable percentages in the department.
Confidential – Roswell, GA Jan 2005 – Oct 2006
An outsourced IT solution provider that specializes in Local, National and International Business IT solutions
Senior Support Engineer
Worked as a consultant doing managed IT services for clients of medium and large companies in 365/7/24 environment. I dealt with a wide variety of issues ranging from exchange server issues, windows 2000/2003 server issues, Citrix server farm issues, as well as network related routing and switching equipment all in different environments and networks. I was also responsible for checking daily backups and improving backup procedures and processes for a wide variety of
Environments including SQL, windows, and UNIX systems. Worked with business owners to develop a plan for their growing IT needs.
- Redesigned network monitoring package to improve monthly revenue income and allow for a more pro-active approach to customer networks.
- Managed development network for SunTrust bank in an their enterprise data center.
Confidential – Westfield, MA May 2003 – July 2004
A northeast regional health care provider
Responsible for all aspects of the network while advising and reporting to the CEO. Managed 10 remote offices and their networks including the WAN connectivity. Developed an intranet web page, which increased company communication across the entire northeast. Provided 365/7/24 on call coverage for a wide array of support related issues. Integral part of the team that brought the network systems up to HIPAA compliance ensuring patient data was kept confidential.
- Designed and implemented a VPN solution, which increased productivity allowing the company to cut the billing, staff in half.
- Brought 3 new offices online successfully and stabilized overall network.
Confidential – Springfield, MA July 1999 – Dec 2002
A nationally based Internet service provider
Lead a group of 10 technicians my duties included taking escalated trouble calls, and ensuring proper workflow by reviewing and escalating trouble tickets. Following up with the technicians to make sure the customer’s problems are resolved. Also responsible for administering the DNS, web and mail server for 6 national ISP’s also provided technical support for high speed circuits.
- Helped department receive highest customer satisfaction percentage in the company.
Confidential – Amherst, MA April 1998 – July 1999
A town municipality
Network Systems Specialist
Responsible for the support, design and maintenance of the entire town and school system LAN/WAN infrastructure including fire and police stations. Managed a total of 13 buildings located geographically all over town. Worked with Windows 3.11, 95, 98, and 2000, as well as Novell 4.11, Zen works, raptor firewall systems, Cisco routers and AIX. Provided advice to teachers on developing technology related course of studies for the students. Supporting and maintaining the towns financial systems were also part of my duties.
- Designed and installed secured Internet connections throughout the entire school system.
Confidential – Springfield, MA Summer 1995 and Summer 1996
A national insurance company
Business Analyst (Intern)
Provided helpdesk support for desktop support related issues, assisted with the migration from windows 3.11 to Windows 95. Day-to-day responsibilities included network connectivity issues, desktop support, and answering helpdesk calls.
Education and Expertise
Credit classes towards degree in networking and Programming
Classes towards CCNA certification
Exchange 2007 deployment training
References Available Upon Request