- 9+ years of experience in design, development, implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of complex network systems.
- Sound knowledge of Routing and Switching concepts and MPLS design.
- Proficient in Cisco IOS for configuration & troubleshooting of routing protocols: MP - BGP, OSPF, LDP, EIGRP, RIP, BGP v4, MPLS.
- Configured and deployed QOS and defined class of service (COS) WRED and WFQ for bandwidth management.
- Involved in troubleshooting of DNS, DHCP and other IP conflict problems.
- Extensive experience taking copy of Cisco IOS on TFTP server and loading back on routers.
- Monitored network congestion in frame relay connection using FECN and BECN and kept track of VC (Virtual circuit) status through LMI (Local management interface).
- Extensive experience in Layer 3 routing and Layer 2 switching. Experienced dealing with router configurations like 7200, 3800, & 2800 and switches 6500, 4500, 3750, 2900 and 3500XL series.
- Proficient in configuration of routing protocols like RIP, IGRP, EIGRP and OSPF multiple areas BGP.
- Involved in designing L2VPN services and encryption system and other VPN with IPSEC based services.
- Experience on designing and troubleshooting of complex BGP and IS-IS routing problems on mock lab scenarios.
- Worked on firewall Pix525, ASA and other tools like SNMP, AAA, RADIUS and designed VPN with IPSEC security layer.
- Experience on working with cat5e, cat 6 cabling in data center and back office environment.
- Maintain technical knowledge by understanding state of the art technologies, attending educational workshops and reviewing technical publications.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills and is able to work individually and as a team member.
Networking Technologies: LAN/WAN Architecture, TCP/IP, Frame Relay, VPN, VLAN, VTP, NAT, PAT, STP, RSTP, PVST, MSTP
Networking Hardware: Cisco Switches, Cisco Routers, ASA/Pix firewalls, Vmware, Ironport
Routing Protocols: OSPF, IGRP, EIGRP, RIP, MPLS, IS-IS, BGP, Multicasting
Security Technologies: PAP, CHAP, Cisco PIX, Blue Coat
Network Monitoring: Cisco Works 2000, Wire Shark, HRPing
Operating Systems: Windows 7, Vista, XP, 2000, LINUX, Cisco IOS, IOS XR
Routers: CISCO 2600, 2800,3600,3800,7200, Juniper M & T Series, Cisco CRS-1, CRS -3, GSR
Load Balancers: Cisco CSM, F5 Networks (BIG-IP)
Capacity & performance: IXIA, Spirent, Cisco works, IPerf, IXChariot
Switches: CISCO 2900, 3500,4500,5000,6500, Nexus 7k,5k,2k
Switching: LAN, VTP, STP, PVST+, RPVST+, Inter VLAN routing& Multi-layer switch, ether channels.
Gateway Redundancy: HSRP and GLBP
Firewalls: juniper net screen (500/5200), Juniper SRX (650/3600), Pix(525/535), ASA (5520/5550/5580 ), McAfee Web Gateway
AAA Architecture: TACACS+, RADIUS, Cisco ACS
Features & Services: IOS and Features, HSRP, GLBP, IPAM IRDP, NAT, SNMP, SYSLOG, NTP, DHCP, CDP, DNS, TFTP and FTP Management, Open Stack, IVR’s, HLD and LLD documents, Dell equal logics
Confidential, Jacksonville, FL
Sr. Network Engineer
- Designed, validated and implemented LAN, WLAN & WAN solution to client’s needs.
- Project involves testing of Wi-Fi Certification Features like WPA2, WMM and WMM-PS, Wi-Fi WPA2.
- Configured and designed LAN networks with Access layer switches such as Cisco 4510, 4948, 4507 switches.
- Design OSPF Areas for reliable Access Distribution and for Core IP Routing.
- Troubleshooting and monitored routing protocols such RIP, OSPF, EIGRP & BGP.
- Provided Load balancing towards access layer from core layer using F5 Network Load Balancers.
- Upgraded load balancers from Radware to F5 Big IP v9, which improved functionality and scalability in the enterprise.
- Detect and repair potential provisioning and configuration issues on Juniper Routers.
- Implemented TCP/IP and related services like DHCP/DNS/WINS.
- Experience with moving data center from one location to another location, from 6500 based data center to Nexus based data center.
- Expertise in installing, configuring and troubleshooting Juniper EX Switches (EX2200, EX2500, EX3200, EX4200, EX4500, EX8200) series.
- Expertise in installing, configuring and troubleshooting Juniper Routers ( E,J,M and T-series)
- Implementation of Juniper Router, Switches SRX, J, MX, EX Series and Juniper Firewall, SSG Series, Net screen Series ISG 1000, SRX Series.
- Implementation of HA-JSRP in JUNOS devices, SRX Series Router/Firewall in both A/A and A/P mode
- Troubleshoot equipment and network problems and to open and track JTAC cases through to problem resolution
- Raise equipment Return to Manufacturer Authorizations (or Return Materials Authorization) (RMAs) and to track these through to problem resolution
- Trained customer’s support personnel to configure and operate the Juniper Networks products
- Assisted the customer to develop Network Operating and Equipment Operating Procedures
- Developed secondary skills in other products in the Juniper product portfolio
- Formal product training on SRX Firewall products as well as some level of technical certification on security products.
- Detailed technical experience in the installation and operation of high-end firewalls and ideally Juniper Security products
- Implement ATM/Frame Relay between data centers utilizing Cisco routers & switches.
Environment: In Corporate office architecture with highly reliable & secured network including Cisco routers (ASR, 6500, 3800, 2800) and Cisco switches (6500, 3700, 4500, 2900), Nexus(3k) Routing Protocols (RIP, OSPF, BGP), Switching protocols (VTP, STP, GLBP,HSRP), Juniper firewalls SRX series, 208, SSG 5, 140, 550, 550M, NSM, IDS/IPS.
- Configured routers and coordinated with LD Carriers and LECs to turn-up new WAN circuits. Configuring, Maintaining the Routers and Switches and Implementation of RIP, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP routing protocols and trouble shooting.
- Advanced router/switch knowledge such as managing and configuring boot image files, creating and configuring VLANS
- Maintaining prepackaged software applications on the LAN.
- Documented network security engineering experience in Juniper SRX firewalls, Palo Alto Network Next Generation Firewalls, Cisco Nexus/Catalyst series network infrastructure, Cisco Meraki series wireless infrastructure.
- Solid knowledge of LAN/WAN administration and support under Windows NT/2000.
- Cisco and HP switch configuration in particular VLAN configuration/troubleshooting.
- Maintained WAN networks utilizing HP open view.
- Configured IP access filter policies.
- Involving in VPN (IPSEC and GRE) migrations and new designs for the clients.
- Creation of change tickets and implement according to the customer requirements.
- Generating RCA (Root Cause Analysis) for critical issues of layer1/layer2/layer3 problems.
- Experience working with F5 LTM’s and GTM’s.
Environment: Cisco 6509/ 3750/3550/3500/2950 switches, Cisco 7200/3845/3600/2800 routers, juniper SRX firewalls, Net Flow, TACACS,EIGRP,RIP,OSPF,BGP,VPN,MPLS,CSM,SUP720, Ether Channels & Sniffer.
Confidential, Manhattan, NY
- Configuration and troubleshooting of Cisco Routers such as Cisco 3640, Cisco GSR 12416,21418(with PRP and RPR processors), Cisco catalyst 6509,7613 with supervisor cards.
- Configured IP RIP, PPP, BGP and OSPF routing.
- Experience in migration of Frame-relay based branches to MPLS based technology using multilayer stackable switch like 6500 series and 2800 series router.
- Involved in design and implementation of Data center Migration, worked on implementation strategies for the expansion of the MPLS VPN networks.
- Installed different software on the systems. Install and managing network devices including Hubs, Switches.
- Planned resources and presented project status to higher management.
- Involved in the configuration & troubleshooting of routing protocols: MP-BGP, OSPF, LDP, EIGRP, RIP, BGP v4.
- Configured IP access filter policies.
- Configured and resolved various OSPF issues in an OSPF multi area environment.
- Configured and played with various BGP attributes such as Local Pref, MED, Extended Communities, Route-Reflector clusters, Route-maps and route policy implementation.
- Conversions to BGP WAN routing. Which will be to convert WAN routing from OSPF to BGP (OSPF is used for local routing only) which involves new wan links.
- Experience with Firewall Administration, Rule Analysis, Rule Modification.
- Experience working on different monitoring tools Q radar, Zenoss and Net scout to analyze and resolve the issues.
- Configuring, Monitoring and Troubleshooting Cisco’s PIX firewall, ASA 5500 security appliance.
- Configured egress and ingress queues for ISP facing routers using CBWFQ and Configured LLQ for VOIP.
- Worked with multiple customers over a period of time to enhance their network, resolve and do the RCA (root cause analysis) for in service production problems and create work around for known IOS issues.
- Configured VLANs with 802.1q tagging. Configured Trunk groups, ether channels, and Spanning tree for creating Access/distribution and core layer switching architecture.
- Configured various Router interfaces like ATM interface, T3 interface, and Channelized T1 interfaces.
- Involved in IOS and CAT OS upgrade procedures and Pre/Post checks for customer production upgrades.
- Ability to analyze, configure and troubleshoot networks.
- Experience working with NCM and Infoblox.
- Experience with Project data and voice documentation tools & experience with developing network design documentation and presentations using VISIO.
- Having good experience in configuring and troubleshooting WAN technologies like MPLS, T1, T3, DS3 and ISDN.
- Troubleshooting the Network Routing protocols (BGP, EIGRP and RIP) during the Migrations and new client connections.
- Share information and communicates clearly to team member to achieve a common goal and to improve team effectiveness.
- Understanding network support center goals and objectives and Drive for continuous learning and teamwork.
Environment: Cisco 3750/3550/3500/2960 switches & Cisco 3640/12000 7200/3845/3600/2800 routers.
Jr. Network Engineer
- Installation and configuration of Microsoft 2003/2000 Servers and Win 2000/XP as Client.
- Have ability to install and maintain Microsoft Exchange and worked extensively on different applications.
- Created network diagram for employees using the Microsoft Visio.
- Preparing Client Machines for users with Operating Systems, Software, antivirus and required utilities and mailing clients etc.
- Ability to design and architect the network connections based on the clients need.
- Primarily responsible in designing and maintaining the budget for the whole network.
- Perform daily maintenance, troubleshooting, configuration, and installation of all network components.
- Configuration of CISCO Routers (3600, 4000 Series) and 3550, 4500 series switches.
- TCP/IP network planning, Implementation and Management with subnets.
- Enabled SNMP traps for our Cacti Monitoring tool to monitor traffic and check the regular health of Servers and Network Devices.
- Implementation of Virtual LANs across Routers and Switches.
- Implemented and configured IP Routing Protocols: OSPF, EIGRP, and RIPv2.
- Implemented and configured LAN Protocols: Ethernet, VLANs, VTP and STP.
- Worked with Remedy Ticketing tool in maintaining and keep a track of logs/monitor.
- Designed and implemented IP Addressing, Subnetting, Route Summarization and Route Distributions.
- Monitoring the Servers and Networks.
Environment: RIP, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, DHCP, DNS, FTP, SSH, VLANs, VTP, VPN, STP, CISCO Routers (3600, 4000 Series), CISCO Switches (3550, 4500), Firewalls CISCO PIX, Call Manager, ASA Firewalls, Ticket Monitoring - Remedy.