My goals are to work in the IT field for a solid, reputable company so that I can use my current skills in technology; continue to grow in technical knowledge; and to be offered an opportunity to advance within that company. I want to be a dependable employee that will enhance company performance and position.
Computer Skills and Accomplishments
- Helpdesk†procedures including:
- Proficient in the many applications and systems of the USDA including, but not limited to: Merlin Magic, NITC, NFC, SYBASE, BRIO, e-Auth, EAS, AS400/SYS36, SAP, RACF, ACF2, Top Secret and many agency developed applications Provide tier 2 customer assistance supporting more than 30,000 customers nationwide
- Analyze customer access inquiries from all FSA service centers and national offices while consulting application development staff to resolve issues
- Processing of security requests for over 100 systems or applications accurately and efficiently
- Ability to interface with other government security agencies, technical and federal leads on matters pertaining to mutual applications, new application releases and internal application issues
- Assist technical writers in documenting/implementing standard operating procedures and customer service guidelines
- Assist application developers with creation of agency online request system used nationwide to submit security access requests for individual users
- Provide updates, system tips and training documents for help desk internal online knowledge base
- Assist technical writers by drafting and reviewing articles for agency-wide security newsletter
- computer builds on an AMD system
- a variety of hand-held computer systems & docking stations to transmit orders/inventories, trouble-shooting
- computer networking: LANs & administrative rights; roll-over, cross-over and straight-through cat5 cables
- Microsoft Windows and Office Suites
- building personal computers, upgrades and repair
- Currently working on CCNA, Network Plus, and A+ certifications--Exams in late 2010
2010- present: Confidential, Kansas City, MO†
Information Security Operations Support/Helpdesk: grant and revoke access to USDA system; reset passwords, staff the helpdesk; gather time-tracking information; trouble-shoot various computer issues; create and revise technical documentation. Currently hold an active Secret Security Clearance.
2009- 2010: Confidential, Addison, TX
Security Officer: worked logistics for the Whirlpool (Logics) account; created programs in Microsoft Excel to organize logs and information as well as truck check-in and out; managed and organized incoming trucks and supplies; managed security guidelines.
2005-2009: Confidential, Sanger, TX
T3 Trainer/Cross-trained in Data Processing: T3 Trainer in DA Receiving; responsible for training up to 6 new associates at a time in all aspects of DA Receiving dock duties including procedural aspects and computer systems and applications; responsible for daily checkups on all Wal-Mart Systems; changed out the data disks for the Linux system; ran printers to print labels; changed out tapes daily for the servers; inventoried office supplies for the entire DC.
2001-2002: Confidential, Waco, TX
Cashier/Returns Trainer/Customer Service: trained cashiers; handled returns; dealt with customer service issues; received Cashier of the Month and Excellence Above and Beyond awards
1998-2001 and 2002-2003: Confidential, Canton, TX/ Denton, TX
Assistant Produce Manager/Customer Service: ordered and displayed product; handled signage; responsible for inventory and department customer service issues; managed a team of 3 associates; received the Aggressive Hospitality Award in 2000.