TECHNICAL SUPPORT SPECIALIST
Expertise in providing technical assistance, support, and advice to individuals and organizations dependent on information technology. Work effectively in providing help desk type support, solving systems issues and other problems, using software applications to improve and streamline processes and train end users. Outstanding communication skills; effectively convey complex technical information to audiences of all levels of technical knowledge. High energy level. Outstanding team player, able to take the lead.
- Network Installation, Administration & Management
- Systems Implementation & Support
- User Requirements Gathering
- Software Installation & Configuration
- Quality Assurance/Testing
- Virus Management
- Desktop Support Security
- Customer Satisfaction
Professional Experience & Accomplishments
Technical Support, Confidential - Cortland, NY
Service and engineering department; provide product qualification and testing, internal company IT service and support, current server administrator. Served as service department manager, provided phone support, return authorization, setting up and maintaining service equipment PC’s and MAC’s, storage arrays, data recovery and product support.
Superior Technology(Confidential – Cornell Information Technologies) – Ithaca, NY
TECH SUPPORT, Cornell Information Technology, Division of Financial Affairs
Provide technical support and trouble shoot for 150 computer users in The Division of Financial Affairs. Provide support for the office printers, training room. Install computer software and hardware, local server and network security and backup and restores. Manage a wide variety of IT crises involving crashed hard drives, unresponsive printers, and viruses. Communicate as required with higher level university officials
- Provide hardware and software support for PC systems and applications.
- Create and maintain PC based images using Ghost and Linux utilities.
- Printer maintenance and support
- Trouble shoot, diagnose and repair hardware of pc based systems
- Backup and recovery solutions
- Experienced with helpdesk systems and environments for incident management
- Support audio, visual, computer technology setups for local and remote meetings and conferences
- Entrusted with sensitive information involving payroll, sponsored funds, supply management and accounting data. Sought out as the go-to person for other computer techs.
Confidential – Skaneateles, New York
PRODUCT QUALIFICATION LAB TECH
Performed failure testing on handheld scanners as a preventative measure to help prevent future problems and to ensure optimal manufacturing processes and the continual product improvement.
Confidential – Syracuse, NY
IT DESKTOP SUPPORT ANALYST
One of five fulltime tech support people charged with supporting computers for all employees. Responsible for end user support, PC configurations, network and exchange administrationfor on-site and remote locations.
- Setup and maintained hardware and systems including but not limited to operating systems and peripherals.
- Debugged basic LAN/WAN issues to determine cause of outages and provide appropriate responses including communications with telecom carriers.
- Maintained clear and professional communications to management and the user community.
Confidential – Syracuse , NY
Designed, setup and maintained IT infrastructure for this real estate and property management company.
- Designed, implemented and maintained in-house voice over IP phone server system.
- Set up a digital PBX, six-line phone system, servers, network, computer system.
- Manage all maintenance requirements remotely.
Education & Credentials
BS – Confidential, Rochester, NY
Concentrations in New Media Publishing, Public Relations and Graphic Communications
Minors: Science Technology & Environmental Studies • Certificate in Exercise Science
Dean\'s List, two semesters
Bennett Scholarship recipient • Western New York "Trio Star Award" recipient
Videographer for RIT’s ESPN Sports Zone • Edited/completed crew video for Sports Information
Rowing Crew Member,
AS in Digital Media – Confidential, Winter Park, FL
CompTIA A+ce certification
Completed the CompTIA Continuing Education Program and necessary requirements for the A+ce certification.
- Applications: Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, Project and Visio); InDesign; Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, After Effects & Adobe Premier; Final Cut Pro; Macromedia Director, Freehand & Flash
- Programming Languages/Tools: Batch, Visual-Basic, and Shell Scripting
- Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7, Mac OS, Linux, Server 2003 and Server 2008
- Networking: Design & maintenance; assembly of PC hardware; implementation of software; domain and group policy
Running • Sailing • Rowing – Coxswain
Possess current US Rowing Level 2 Coaching Certification.