To obtain an IT positions as a computer technician or helpdesk and any supportive technician role.
Diploma & Associates Degree
Major: Computer Systems & Networking Technology
- Computer Hardware Fundamentals
- Experience with Windows XP, Windows Vista, Linux & Macintosh operating systems
- Experience with Office 2003, office 2007 products
- Basic networking skills
- Experience with Windows Server 2003 and 2008
- Configure and installs new computer hardware and software for end users.
- Troubleshooting user issues, specifically problems in using client operating systems, client and server applications, peripherals, and network connectivity.
- Customer Service Skills/Listening skills/Delineating Customer Concerns
- Problem Solver and Critical Thinker
- IP Addressing
- Basic Routing
- Basic Network Security
- Peripheral Installation & troubleshooting
- Operating System installation & Configuration
- Can type 25 wpm
Introduction to Thinkvantage: Security & Wireless, Intel Centrino Professional Technology Features and Benefits, PC Basics, Windows anytime Upgrades, PC Architecture, 3Com 802.11 Wireless LAN , Department Of Defense: Information Assurance Awareness , 3Com: A Primer Technology, Customer Service Training, Microsoft Office Ready , Lenovo: Introducing a Worldwide leader in Technology , Fire Wall Basics HP , Networking 101 HP, Servers 101, Business Continuity and Disaster recovery planning, Linux 101