IT Professional with the ability to quickly establish working relationships, passionate about providing excellent customer support. Specializing in improving processes and end-user experience, and overseeing critical systems and applications. Motivated, hard-working self-starter, team player who routinely goes beyond scope of job description to help a company succeed. Proven hands-on leader committed to leveraging new technologies to impact business performance.
- Network Management/Administration
- MS Exchange Server 2010/2003
- Active Directory/Windows 2008/2003/2000/NT
- Group Policy
- MS SQL Server 2008/2005/2003
- HP Servers/HP-UX
- Windows 7/Vista/XP/CE Mac OSX/iOS
- Virtualization/VMware ESXi
- Symantec Backup Exec/Veritas NetBackup
- Payment Card Industry Compliance (PCI)
- HR/Payroll Applications
- ERP/CRM Applications
- Desktop Tools/Remote/VNC/NetOps
- Project Management
- Help Desk/Inventory Tracking/Licensing
- Supply Chain Management
Confidential, Mahwah, NJ
A worldwide leader in manufacturing, sales and service of industrial bolting tools, including hydraulic torque wrenches, pneumatic torque tools, mechanical tensioners and torque bolting systems.
Oversee all aspects of IT operations for corporate HQ, distribution center and multiple corporate divisions, 40 nationwide rental and repair facilities and 10 global offices.
- Responsible for IT staffing, coordination of all projects including Salesforce and MS Dynamics Integrations, approving invoices and spending requirements of operations.
- Overhauled entire network infrastructure replacing end-of-life software-based firewalls and switches by installing Sonicwall appliances with site-to-site encrypted VPN connections as well as HP ProCurve GigaBit switches.
- Created a new virtual server environment utilizing VMWare ESXi, HP ProLiant servers and StorageWorks SAN.
- Set up and support new virtual Exchange 2010 environment with multiple Client Access servers/database servers to alleviate bottlenecks for users accessing mail and large archive mailboxes.
- Project Manager – Hytorc Wind mobile repair fleet refit – research, test, install mobile computing solution, integrated GPS systems and calibration software/hardware
- Project Manager – Fed Ex and UPS software integration – streamlined warehouse shipping operations by integrating shipping software with Microsoft Dynamics (ERP)
- Project Manager – SharePoint portal design/setup and integration with Salesforce
- Establish vendor accounts, negotiation pricing and oversee IT procurement for entire enterprise
Confidential, Secaucus, NJ
A regional off-price chain with 1500 employees in 19 locations in NJ, NY and Philadelphia, specializing in European fashion.
Manager, MIS Operations
Provided hands-on leadership for IT support; responsible for all network services across the enterprise including architecture, installation, daily support/troubleshooting of internally-used applications, email/ directory services, and desktop support. Lead negotiations for purchasing and vendor selection. Assessed business needs and leveraged technology to improve critical processes and streamlined cross-unit workflow.
- Implemented site-to-site encrypted VPN connections to secure FTP communication – oversee transfer/processing of 25 MM transactions annually.
- Strengthened security and fulfillment of PCI requirements by creating a cardholder data network on a DMZ
- Migrated Exchange environment from 2003 to 2010 and in conjuction, Blackberry Enterprise Server (BES) to 5.0 platform and Symantec Backup Exec to 2010 platform.
- Setup and configure Exchange archiving databases and mailboxes
- Manage and troubleshoot communication issues between Exchange server and BES.
- Utilized VMware to create a new 64-bit production and test environment for customized merchandising application (SQL-based db, Terminal Server and IIS front-end)
- Automated Host system (HP) backups using Veritas NetBackup whereby reducing nightly backups from 4 hours to 45 minutes
- Upgraded network backbone to GigaBit speed to increase network throughput – decreased nightly network backup window from 15 hours to 6 hours.
- Installed SonicWall VPN solution along with RSA key chained authentication
- Improved end-user experience by migrating from Group Policy – Roaming Profiles to ScriptLogic – Desktop Authority providing seamless redirection of user profiles to a file server.
- Implemented a help desk/inventory/license management solution from Numara Software
- Research and negotiate pricing and leases for hardware and software to meet budgetary goals
- Oversee IT procurement for entire organization.
Confidential, Lyndhurst, NJ
Zoning and planning agency for a 30.4-square-mile area along the Hackensack River covering parts of 14 municipalities in Bergen and Hudson Counties in New Jersey.
User Support Specialist
Managed help desk support – desktop OS, patching, and antivirus. Optimized end-user experience by standardizing equipment and providing on-going training.
- Managed daily network operations/administration and backups
- Provided support of desktop systems and peripherals for 200 users at multiple locations in a Windows environment
- Developed training curriculum and conducted training sessions – MS Office, email, Internet
- Designed and implemented MS Access databases for Environment Center to improve tracking of membership data, enrollment in programs and facility usage
- Researched emerging technologies and recommended upgrades
- Managed vendor accounts and supervised budgets for network office equipment
Confidential, East Hanover, NJ
International supplier to transportation, manufacturing, construction, and agricultural industries.
Help Desk – Technical Support
Provided technical support for network hardware and software systems – PC and UNIX
- Network administration, troubleshooting, installation and upgrades
- Implemented a local area network at two branch locations to improve end-user experience – coordination with existing UNIX network
- Trained users and supported all aspects of transition to Windows
- Researched, installed and configured terminal emulation software for PC’s
- Managed web site development – met with vendors, oversaw budget, designed layout
- Supervised reorganization and computerization of distribution center
Bachelor of Science in Management Information Systems and Marketing (dual major)
Confidential, Newark, NJ