- Technology Professional with extensive experience in Data Center Operations and Application Development.
- Proven skills utilizing applications and business systems to improve operational efficiencies and reduce business expenses in support of the financial growth of the firm.
- Recognized for creative thinking and innovative solutions.
Software: JCL, IBM UTILITIES, CA7, ZEKE, NDM, FTP, REXX, COBOL, CICS, VSAM, DB2, IMS, GDG, BMS, SDF, Assembler, RPG, SQL, Easytrieve, Expediter, FileAid, Intertest, Endeavor, Changeman, ISPF/TSO, MVS/zOS, Omegamon, Top Secret, Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Access, Visio, Outlook), Windows, Unix, Realia COBOL, MF COBOL, HTML, C++, LAN, Oracle, Automic/UC4, Service Now
Hardware: IBM Mainframes, Desktops, Servers, Server Racks, Routers, Switches, Modems, Firewalls, Cables, Hard Drives, Tape Drives, Backup Storage Resources, Power Generators, Cooling Towers, UPS, Printers, Keyboards, Mouse, Scanners, Copiers, Folder - Sealers, Sorters IBM/Unisys/Burroughs
Senior Supervisor Computer OperationsResponsibilities:
- Oversaw operation of a 24x7 Computer Center; managed 11 operators, 1 messenger and 3 supervisors
- Prepared functional schedule for all IT applications; utilized by operators to ensure jobs within applications were executed properly
- Collaborated with other teams to implement changes in hardware and software
- Performed quality control of output; reported results to the users
- Ensured appropriate training was available for staff
- Interfaced with internal auditors and implemented operational recommendations
- Prepared a report on costs to renew contracts for mainframe systems
- Started as a temporary Systems Engineer; moved to employee status after 3 months
- Maintained a high level of staff morale during challenging times, including: outsourcing and automation. Staff attendance and high quality of work maintained during these periods
- Built and implemented an inventory tracking system for checks used by the university to make all payments. Result was improved control of checks
- Reduced overtime costs by 10% through effective staff scheduling
- Improved the timely pickup and delivery of interoffice mail by introducing a messenger log
- Built and implemented call lists that were shared and updated by the application owners; ensured that proper persons were notified when job failures occurred
Operations Associate (PT)
- Addressed software and hardware issues for check image delivery; supported services in New York, Chicago and Columbus, Ohio.
- Serviced numerous departments, including Credit Card Operation, DDA Operations, Home Equity Line of Credit, and Foreign Checks.
- Assessed functional requirements for new groups to be serviced by the imaging team; implemented and monitored delivery of services according to SLA
- Coordinated projects and testing with offshore team in Mumbai
- Led the analysis and risk assessment to re-engineer a vendor system responsible for identifying fraudulent items. Implemented on a site driven system (New York, Dallas, Houston and San Antonio) resulting in substantial savings in software expenses
- Collaborated and supported team members with gap analysis, storage management and capacity analysis, data volume and trend analysis, system performance and application impact analysis; to identify cost saving initiatives for the firm
- Consolidated check processing to one New York site resulting in substantially reduced Federal Reserve charges and increased funds available for the bank ($2M annual savings). Subsequently implemented in other parts of the country as a result of mergers
- Spearheaded the development of an Overdraft Processing system responsible for processing returned items to customers due to insufficient funds in their accounts
- Processed accounts payables and receivables, expenses allocations, purchase requisitions, accruals, adjustments, depreciation, software and hardware contracts
- Assisted with preparation of the financial budget, forecasts and analysis of results