- Pursuing an Information Security Analysts position in a growth - oriented organization with focus on conducting Security Assessment and Authorization (SA&A) using NIST SP 800-53 Rev4 and 800-53a. Knowledge of Federal Government C&A practices and policies, particularly FISMA, NIST SP 800-53, NIST 800-37, RMF, ATO, FedRAMP, Splunk and Solarwinds.
- Ability to analyze technical outputs and recommend process. Skilled in network and security and performance monitoring. Team player, detail oriented, ability to multitask. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Fast learner with strong working knowledge of software, hardware, networking, operating systems, and security applications.
- Proven ability to diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve technical problems.
- Experienced in installing anti-virus software, and protecting confidential information
- Skilled in testing, maintaining, & troubleshooting computer networks.
- Excellent analytical, risk-assessments, and problem-solving skills.
- Adept in planning, designing, and implementing information security programs.
Operating Systems: Windows 2003/2008/2012/7/8/10, Mac OS X
Software Applications: MS Office 2010/(Word, Excel, Power Point, Access), Lotus Notes, Norton Utilities, and McAfee Anti-Virus.
Networking: LAN/WAN, TCP/IP, VPN
Security Technologies: CompTIA Security+, Retina Network Security Scanner, Nessus, Anti-Virus Tools, Web Inspect
Ticketing System: Remedy and HP Service Manager
Active Directory: Add Remove Users, Reset Passwords, and joining Computer systems to the domain.
Confidential, Woodbridge, VA
Information Assurance Specialist
- Developed and implemented best security standards, and researched on latest security trends
- Assist IT security team duties and responsibilities including Vulnerability Scanning and network security monitoring.
- Assist in Performing security control assessment in using NIST 800-53A guidance
- Experience with NIST publications, OMB circulars and memoranda, and FISMA requirements and impact on system security.
- Analyzed and determined root cause of security breaches and changed security controls
- Anticipated and reduced the possibilities of security breaches and system failures
Confidential, SPRINGFIELD, VA
Desktop Support Specialist
- Receive and responds to help desk tickets, incoming calls, e-mails, or pages regarding hardware and PC problems
- Handles software and hardware repairs of both laptop and desktop computers
- Resolved PC hardware and software problems
- Escalate support call to supervisor as necessary
- Answer incoming client and customer calls
- Resolved Remedy tickets
Confidential, Baltimore MD
Desktop Support Specialist
- Worked on various IT projects including server roll-outs and upgrades for major clients including Citizens Bank, WalMart, PetSmart, Office Depot, Social Security Administration
- Installed, configured and troubleshot switches, routers and servers (including Cisco switches/routers); set-up network computers, printers, routers, switches; functioned as Team Lead
- Managed a wireless Lab made up of 48 nodes; performed network management and troubleshooting; configured desktops and lap tops for TCP/IP connectivity; set-up/managed domain user accounts on server; configured security settings appropriate for the lab environment
- Creating and Managing User and Computer Accounts in Windows Server 2003.
- Taught Computer Science.