Successful Technical Support Manager with extensive experience in Banking, Financial Services, Pharmaceutical, Retail, Oil & Petroleum and Health Care Settings. Respected leader of Customer-Focused teams. Accomplished, highly motivated, dedicated Service & Support Manager with experience in Help Desk and Desktop, Management, Customer Service and Service Management.
Confidential, New York, NY March 2011 –Presen
Confidential, is a fund administrator who provides solutions to the investment industry. HedgeServe delivers a SaaS model to over 70 clients and manages over $105 billion in assets.
Manager, IT Service Desk
- Hands-on manager responsible for daily operations, incident management and handling, new client provisioning, new systems implementation, change management and general operational support, performance and availability of our production applications architecture.
- Ability to manage outages with disciplined urgency, coordinating other support engineers or IT groups for quick, pragmatic and accurate problem resolution
- Direct the Service Desk team activities to ensure that client related issues (internal / external clients) are resolved and communicated in an expedited manner
- Coordination and planning of disaster recovery testing.
- Application support, Server management, capacity management and change management
- Provisioning of new client setups including server builds and Windows AD administration.
- Client build which include executing Python scripts to automate setups.
- Release management administration using Tidal scheduling software. Responsible for seeing the successful completion of UAT, RG, Staging and production environment release updates.
Confidential, New York, NY April 2010 - March 2011
Hermes of Paris is a high end retail business which specializes in jewelry, fragrances, men's and women's apparel with stores world-wide.
Manager, Technical Services
- Responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operation of Systems Account Administration, Desktop support and the International Help Desk.
- Responsible for process improvement of the current IT Helpdesk to make it more efficient.
- Act as the final escalation point for incident management.
- Implemented a Change Management process to manage the coordination and approval of change request and published change notification to IT and the business community.
- Accountable for ensuring service and support of HOP systems and resources to end-users
- Management of current wireless accounts, inventory, price negotiation and purchase request.
- Tracking of hardware and software assets as well as responsibility of Microsoft volume licensing for North and South America.
- Maintain working relationships with external Hardware, Software and Telecom vendors.
- Participated in annual PCI audit review.
Confidential, NY Mar 2005 – Dec 2009
Confidential, is a technology-driven health management company that combines proprietary technology and clinical knowledge with locations in Virginia, Chicago, Ohio, Colorado and New York.
Manager, I.T. Service Desk and Desktop Support
- Overall accountability for the management of 13 direct reports and operations of a high-volume IT Service Desk, Desktop Engineering and Systems Administration departments providing technical support for 750 internal users and product support for thousands of external customers.
- Project Manager for starting up the ActiveHealth IT Service Desk which included deployment of HP's Service Center ticketing system.
- Hands on manager with strong problem solving and analytical skills. Serve as final escalation point.
- Perform on-site analysis, diagnosis, and root cause analysis of support request.
- Provide Executive Desktop support and quality customer service.
- Compile and analyze data, prepare daily reports on call volume, abandon rates, etc., and outages.
- Managed in-depth analysis of HP Service Center incident queue's to ensure team consistency regarding troubleshooting methods, accuracy of support tickets and user profile information. Product support for Electronic Health Record application (activePHR) for external members.
- Excellent customer service and service delivery skills. Customer focused in addition to solid interpersonal relationship, team building, collaboration and facilitation skills.
- Enforce compliance with all Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and policies.
- Coordinate all IMAC request.
- Managed weekly Change Management meetings to review scheduled changes and their impact.
- Participated in annual SAS70 Audits and budget reviews.
- Manage support for Video Conferencing, Mobile & Wireless technologies.
- Solid Vendor Management and negotiating skills responsible for purchasing computer hardware, software and wireless devices, and maintaining accurate inventory. Maintaining good vendor relationships.
- Current member of HDI - Helpdesk Institute
Confidential, NY Sep 2002 – Mar 2005
Sold technology services, managed accounts, services and human resources capital to small, medium and large size companies throughout the United States.
Worked for / through the following consulting companies:
- Confidential, Sep 2004 – Mar 2005
- Confidential, Mar 2004 – Sep 2004
- Confidential, Sep 2002 – Mar 2004
Confidential, Princeton, NJ Sep 1994 – Mar 2002
Bristol Myers-Squibb is a major pharmaceutical company that specializes in providing the highest-quality pharmaceuticals and health care products.
IT Site Support Manager
As Site Manager, I was accountable for the site computing infrastructure, troubleshooting hardware, application deployment, and computer applications and networking incidents. The environment included Novell Netware and Microsoft Windows servers and desktops.
- Provided project management, ensuring on-time implementation of new technologies. Worked closely with management team to maintain computing standards at each location and provided recommendations on new technologies to enhance the computing infrastructure.
- Managed staff of 10 Tier II and III support technicians, and seven CompuCom hardware break/fix techs.
- Coordinated departmental disaster recovery planning in accordance with master plan.
- Oversaw daily problem management call review meetings, to meet pre-established service level agreements, coordinated software upgrades, special projects, while maintaining a close business relationship with client community.
- Directed support team to meet pre-established service level agreements assuring the compliance of new applications to the LAN and desktop infrastructure standards, while providing advanced technical support and leadership to the staff.
- Implemented quarterly review meeting with senior business management units to review current IT initiatives, review SLA metrics and Q & A’s.
- Worked with application developers on software deployment, evaluating, testing and distributing applications and updates to clients.
- Performed software updates, patches and application deployment for business clients using Novell ZenWorks.
- Managed IT department that supported a 2,000 node network, with 99% server up time average over 12-month period.
- Key Member of project team that managed desktop refresh project from Windows NT to Windows 95
- Managed project for server directory structure cleanup of legacy applications and desktop standardization project ensuring standardization within BMS sites.
- Planned and implemented new technology replacing outdated mainframe cluster controllers, terminals and printers, saving nearly $8,000 annually in equipment maintenance costs.
- Managed Novell server consolidation project to reduce server population from 56 to 28, while saving thousands of dollars in reduced hardware and maintenance costs.
Proficient with most major computer hardware and software products and competencies including:
- Microsoft Office Products • Novell Netware • Project Management
- Avaya CMS • Clientele CRM • HP Service Center 6.2
- Windows OS • Customer Service • Remedy
- SysAid • ARCServe • Blackberry Enterprise Server
- Service Management • Lotus Notes • Change Management
- Symantec Ghost & Endpoint • SAP • Zenworks
- Citrix WinFrame / MetaFrame • Release Management Administration
- Excellence Award: Rewarded for “Going Above and Beyond” job responsibility 2001
- President’s Award for Project Wizard, MS Windows NT Deployment Project 2001
- President’s Award for Project Compass, Team member of Novell Server and Desktop Standardization Project 2000
- Training: Relationship Skills; Learning to Lead; Communicating with Confidence; Presentation Skills; Business Grammar; Planning for Results; Influencing Others; Time Management; Project Management for IM Professionals; Systematic Project Management; MS Project 98 Introduction
- Technical Training: Netware 3.11, 4.1& 5.1 Admin. & Advanced Admin.; Novell ZenWorks Administration; Web Manager – NJIT; Advanced HTML; Data Network Design; TIMEPLEX Hardware & Maintenance; Windows NT 3.51 Boot Camp; Fundamentals of Java Script; Digital – Ethernet Support; ACF/VTAM Network Problem Isolation
HDI / Helpdesk Institute - training
2009 HDI Support Center Director / 2008 HDI Incident Management 2007 HDI Support Center Manager / 2007 ITIL v2 Foundations / 2010 ITIL v3 Foundations