Information Systems professional with proven ability to identify problems, analyze possible solutions and determine best course of action to meet objectives. Extensive experience in customer service organization. Effective Trainer and Communicator; easily interface between technical and non - technical issues to improve business processes.
- Active Directory
- System Center Configuration Management
- TCP/IP Networking
- Windows xp,7,8
- MS Exchange
- Microsoft Office / Lotus Notes
- Symantec AV
- Tenable Network Security
- Hardware/Software Installation iPad/iPhone & Android S
- Apple Final Cut Pro
- CSS Photoshop
- Wire Shark
IT Helpdesk Specialist
- Assisted staff in the acquisition and deployment of application, server, desktop, laptop, and related hardware devices.
- Provided phone and help-desk support for senior management, administrative staff, teachers and medical employees by investigating causes and recommending solutions to various IT challenges.
- Responsible for the tracking and logging of IT help-desk incident reports.
- Ensured installation and timely upgrading of security measures on active network computers such as Confidential card readers, anti-virus software and firewalls to block unauthorized activities.
- Updated job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Knowledgeable in most aspects of operating systems administration, system installation and configuration, printers, and Active Directory.
- Skilled in the installation and configuration of third party applications pertaining to anti-spyware, anti-virus, system backup, and business productivity.
- Analyze system logs to identify events, which are anomalies or of general interest.
- Train users and promotes security awareness to ensure system security, user awareness
- Monitors moderately complex security systems firewalls to ensure proper connectivity and configuration
Information Technology Specialist
- Provided Level 1 and Level 2, desktop/helpdesk support and work closely with senior members to resolve technical issues.
- Recommends and implements system enhancements that will improve the performance and reliability of the system including installing, upgrading/patching, monitoring, problem resolution, and configuration management.
- Performed equipment installations, relocations, and maintenance of a wide array of fielded equipment from workstations and associated equipment, including printers, scanners, monitors, VoIP phone, iPhone, and laptops.
- Evaluated security issues with assistance of senior IT leadership.
- Administered Microsoft Systems Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), continually investigates improvement methods, and streamline software deployment processes.
- Experience with application virtualization/electronic software distribution management systems(Microsoft SCCM, VMware)
- Managed Symantec Anti-Virus server to ensure machines are regularly updated and conducted routine incident response activities for virus and malware infections.
- Knowledge of evolving threats & mitigation control and responsible for conducting retina vulnerability analysis.
- Composed technical manuals, installation progress updates, and incident response plans to enhance system security documentation.
- Managed requests and incidents via remedy Track-IT ticketing system to document symptoms and status information.
Desktop Support Specialist
- Provided technical support to research employees and fellows for issues relating to network access, data port installation/repairs, and network user name creation/password issues
- Utilized ticketing system to report and monitor emailed, telephoned, or web-submitted work requests that are self-resolved or escalated for advanced assistance/investigation
- Assisted users with configuring email clients to support email for the following email accounts: Outlook Exchange
- Performed research on parts needed by the department, ordered equipment and other supplies for the area in accordance with the company Policies
- Configure portable communications devices and peripheral equipment (iPhone, Blackberry, Android)
- Installed and tested software, supported the organization before deployment
- Perform server backups and recovery using Confidential
- Perform PC imaging using Symantec Ghost and other tools selected for this purpose.