- Results - driven IT professional with extensive experience in the support of information systems.
- A confidant decision maker and an effective problem solver with excellent relationship building skills, and the ability to work independently or as an integral part of a team
Hardware: Routers/Switches, Firewalls, desktops & laptops IBM, Dell, HP and Compaq, HP Printers & Scanners, Modem Installation & Troubleshooting, Ethernet Adapters, CD-ROM, Zip Drives, etc.
HD and Operation Apps: Active Directory (AD), Exchange Management Console (EMC), Library Maintenance (OpenText eDocs DM), BlackBerry Administration Service for access to the BlackBerry Enterprise Service (BES), Citrix Management Console (CMC), Postini, Mimecast, TouchPaper, Heat, Track-It, Global Call Tracking, Supportworks, MaaS360 and MobileIron for BYOD
DMS: OpenText eDocs DM, Autonomy iManage, Interwoven FileSite, Worldox
Software: MS Word 2010; Excel 2010, PowerPoint 2010, Outlook 2010, Publisher 2010, Visio 2010, Project 2003, PayneGroup Forms Assistant; Numbering Assistant, SoftWise Innova, Docs Corp pdfDocs; compareDocs, WorkShare (DeltaView) Professional, Adobe Acrobat Professional; Acrobat Standard, IBM Lotus Notes 8.5.2, FrameMaker 5.5, FileMaker Pro 4.1, QuickBooks Pro 4.0, MYOB 7.0, Timeslips 2007, Lacerte Tax 2007, WordPerfect 6.0, Okta, VPN
Operating System: Windows NT (Workstation 4.0), Windows NT Server 4.0, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Windows 98, Windows 98 SE, Windows ME, Novell Netware 4, Windows 3.1, MAC OS, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10
Field Site Technician
- Configure and troubleshoot PC hardware and software issues
- Support Windows operating systems (7 through 10)
- Support for Microsoft office products ( Standard off the shelf applications - Word, Excel, Access & PowerPoint - 2003 - 2010).
- Support for remote users via phone and remote software applications ( Citrix, VPN, DameWare, )
- Troubleshoot network issues including network cabling/connectivity
- Setup and configure printers, scanners, and other peripherals.
- Support of TCP/IP networking, and related network services (DNS, SMTP, DHCP)
- Active Directory concepts and administration ( New Hires and Departures )
Helpdesk Analyst, Desktop Support
- Troubleshooting and maintenance of End user and basic telecom equipment.
- Preemptive maintenance of End user, telecom & basic IT infrastructure equipment.
- Ensure all end user and IT documentation is updated.
- End user training for new / existing applications when needed.
- Account management for user / support accounts.
- Imaging new PCs & laptops and configuring them for end user use.
- Liaising with offshore support teams to ensure timely resolution of end user requests / issues.
- Fosters ongoing communication and close working relationships with management in all support units as it relates to System Availability, Incident Management, Event Management, Request Fulfillment,Problem Management and Change Management.
- Develops and/or implements proactive operational enhancements with the aim of improving service levels, maintaining availability targets and SLAs through the Branch and Unit network.
- Ensures customers are fully satisfied with the service and support received, utilizing surveys as a measurable instrument.
- Provided high quality, responsive, 1st level customer support to business groups within the firm; ensure customers are kept informed of problem status
- Troubleshoot hardware, operating system, network connectivity (including remote access, SIG’s mobile messaging platform as well as virtual and video conferencing), and MS Office and SIG application issues; escalate issues to appropriate technology teams
- Utilize ticketing system to create tickets and track issues that arise; liaise with other technology teams to redirect tickets where applicable
- Assist team members with after-hours support of off-production issues and issues that are escalated from regional and international offices
- Maintain knowledge by learning new office automation products and technologies to an advanced user level
- Actively engage in the accomplishment of departmental and/or SIG quality initiatives, including user community education
- Support Remote Desktop - Citrix Receiver along with Office 2007, 2010.
Lead Technical Analyst
- Covered the helpdesk taking/handling calls
- Supported Windows XP client and server
- Troubleshoot problems that arise with the usage of Department hardware and software on our network.
- Assisted customers with Lotus Notes version 6.X with questions/problems.
- Assisted customers with any of the department supported PC software
- Supported remote access with VPN and encryption
- Assisted customers with Microsoft Office 2003 with questions and problems ( Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Access )
- Entered call tracking information into Help Desk Tracking System
- Prepared and managed images for various models of PCs
- Installed a variety of off-the-shelf software on PC’S
- Cloned PCS for Department distribution
- Translated the needs of the Department staff into technical solutions as needed
- Assisted in the distribution of PCs, peripherals, software to Department employees and any transferring of data/configurations from old to new equipment/ software
- Applied software updates to PCs as requested for both new functionality and information security
- Used good customer service and communication techniques when dealing with Department staff
Helpdesk Analyst / Desktop Support
- Responsible for providing phone and email support for the following technology issues: Desktop Hardware, Software, application issues, Remote access, Account administration and printing
- Phone support to two thousand users for a day time shift site - inquiries regarding computer software and hardware operation to resolve problems on a CITRIX environment locally and remotely.
- Managed customer expectations by acknowledging their issues, providing ETA and working through resolution.
- Supported Operating System Windows 7 & Office 2010 (Word, Excel, Access & PowerPoint ), iManage DeskSite & MailSite
Helpdesk Analyst/Desktop Support
- Phone support to three thousand users for a 24\7 site regarding computer software and hardware operation to resolve problems on a CITRIX environment locally and remotely.
- Apply troubleshooting and system analysis techniques and procedures to determine hardware, software and systems - functional problems for support to user in DeskSite, Outlook, (iManage) MailSite, MS office 2007, Internet Explorer, BlackBerry
- Partake in office automation feasibility studies, including workflow analysis
- Confer with users, peers and management to establish requirements for new systems or modifications
- Read technical manuals, confer with users and conduct computer diagnostics to investigate and resolve problems and provide technical assistance and support
- Hardware image testing - and Software image testing, enter commands and observe system functioning to verify correct operations and detect errors
- Prepared evaluations of software or hardware and recommend improvements or upgrades
- Set up equipment for employee use, performing or ensuring proper physical installation, configuration and operating systems and appropriate software
- Install and perform minor repairs to hardware, software and peripheral equipment, following design or installation specifications
- Maintain record of daily data communication transactions, problem and remedial action taken, and installation activities in the call tracking system (TOUCHPAPER)
- Engaged in support related projects (disaster recovery, virus, spy-ware or other, hardware and software rollouts, patching locations, etc.)
- Provided conference room support
- Provided full desktop management from rollout to post implementation support
- Monitored and supporting the desktop, server, and network environments
- Provided hands-on, face-to-face technical support
- Managing relationships with users
- Understanding, analyzing and researching technical solutions to users' requirements and problems using existing and emerging technologies
Level 3 Helpdesk Analyst
- Provided support for several hundred users in a predominately MS Windows environment; troubleshot Windows 2000/XP operating systems and applications; knowledge of remote access applications (netmeeting, pc anywhere).
- Applications supported included: Outlook, Office XP2003, and hand-held devices (Blackberry, Treo, and PDA).
- Administrated Active Directory, including GPO, as well as set up AD
- Troubleshot Printers (both network and stand alones - HP/Cannon).
- Solved network connectivity problems, TCP/IP protocols, and handled higher levels of support and specific technical issues in detail.
- Created ghost images from scratch and deployed new machines with images.