Objective To obtain a position that utilizes my experience as an IT Support and Training Specialist, having responsibility for enterprise-level Mac and PC support, staff training, technical documentation, budget and asset management, and network support.
Professional Summary IT Support and Training Specialist with over 7 years of experience including the training and support of over 1,500 Mac and PC users, telephony, email, and database management for medium to enterprise-level environments. Skilled in researching and implementing the technology to support both small and large user groups, supporting users in central and remote locations, and effectively managing annual IT budgets of up to $400,000. Proven ability to translate business needs into technology requirements that support the company"s business objectives and to successfully manage IT projects from needs analysis and requirements definition to vendor selection, implementation, and training.
Areas of Expertise
- Technical Support
- Project Management
- Training and Documentation
- Policy Planning / Implementation
- Data Management
- Research and Implementation
- Team and Project Leadership
Software: MS Office 2003, 2007 (PC), 2008, 2011 (Mac); MS Exchange 2007; Active Directory; Open Directory; Kayako, HEAT, HelpDesk Pilot; LogMeIn, PC Anywhere, GoToMyPC; Acronis TrueImage, Norton Ghost; VMWare, Parallels; Pages "09, iLife "09-"11, iTunes; Adobe Creative Suite CS3, CS4, CS5; Final Cut Pro; TrendMicro, Norton Antivirus, Avast Telephone & Networking: Avaya IP Office Manager; Shoretel Director and System Monitor Operating System: Mac OS X 10.1-6; Mac OS X Server 10.5 (Leopard) -10.6 (Snow Leopard); MSWindows XP/Vista/7 Hardware: Apple Macbook Pro, Macbook, iMac, Mac Pro, Mac Mini, Macbook Air; HP Proliant and Supermicro servers; Dell Optiplex, Latitude, and Vostro; HP Probook; Blackberry, iPhone, Android; Canon, Konica, Ricoh, Xerox printers
- Appointed Regional User Group Leader for the Fellowship One Church Management System for all of Southern California and New Jersey
- Created the data management department for an organization with over 1,500 staff, 85 departments, and locations in the U.S., Africa, Canada, Cayman Islands, and Jamaica
- Researched and implemented database systems for various organizations including the security administration, training and documentation for over 1,500 users
- Configured and administered Mac OS X Server for small and medium-sized organizations including the administration of over 50 workstations per company
- Assisted in technical support of Mac and PC workstations, business-class printers, software installation and upgrades, network connectivity, and system configuration and deployment
- Fully documented IT policies, procedures, and data management best practices for an enterprise-level environment with more than 1,500 users
- Developed asset management policies and procedures to improve inventory management and assist human resources in partnering staff with designated equipment
- Created a quarterly KPI report for executive-level staff of a large non-profit organization providing metrics on departmental progress and determining donation and activity levels of more than 15,000 contributors and attendees
Confidential, Nationwide Technical Support Specialist / Data Management Consultant (October 2010-Present) A marketing and communications firm that provides data management, brand management, and website design services to corporations and faith-based organizations around the world. The client list includes Air Jamaica, Barbados Tourism Authority, Charles Schwab, Chevron, Clorox, Comcast, Focus on the Family, George Barna, Saddleback Church, the United Negro College Fund, and Wells Fargo.
- Utilized technical expertise to design network infrastructures, develop data management systems, and provide onsite and remote support for clients around the U.S.
Confidential, San Diego, CA Database Manager and Technical Support Specialist, May 2007-October 2010 One of the fastest growing churches in the U.S. with over 14,000 weekly attendees and over 1,500 staff members supporting international outreach efforts. The Rock is well-known for its use of technology and social media to reach audiences around the world.
- Administered enterprise-level database and provided technical support for over 1,500 users in a Windows and Mac-based environment. Assisted in Active Directory administration, MS Exchange and ShoreTel IP phone configuration, deployment of desktops and laptops, imaging and backups, resolved network connectivity issues, printer issues and performed software/hardware upgrades.
Confidential, San Diego, CA Helpdesk Specialist, January 2004-May 2007 One of the most influential faith-based organizations in southeast San Diego, committing over $200,000 per year to providing necessary resources to over 30,000 youth and impoverished families throughout San Diego County. People"s Church uses a variety of technology to reach audiences throughout the U.S.
- Responsible for the management of all office and production equipment, business-class printing systems, network administration, and software training.
Confidential, New York, NY & San Diego, CA Supervisor, April 2001-October 2004 Starbucks Corporation is an international coffeehouse chain based in Seattle, Washington. Starbucks is the largest coffeehouse company in the world, with 17,009 stores in 50 countries, including over 11,000 in the United States, over 1,000 in Canada, and over 700 in the United Kingdom.
- Assisted the general manager in supervising baristas (customer service representatives), managed financial deposits and reports, created weekly staff schedule, managed total inventory, and provided technology-based training for new hires and product updates.
Education and Certification Bachelor of Science in Religion Marketing and Communications Pusuing CCNA & Apple Certified Support Professional certifications
Excellent References Available On Request-