OBJECTIVE Obtain an Entry Level Database Administrator position to enhance my professional skills in a dynamic and stable workplace.
COMPUTER LANGUAGES C++, Assembly Language, COBOL, Html, Java, SQL, Shell Scripting, PL/SQL
Applications Oracle 8i,9i,10g, 11i, Jcreator, Dreamerweaver8, Microsoft Visual Studio.net 2003, Microsoft Word, Power Point, Excel, Access.
Operating systems Windows 2000/XP, 64 x bit, Vista, Server Pack, Home Edition, Professional, Linux
- Developed or modified some Oracle backup and recovery scripts. Used Oracle backup utility.
- Making structural changes to the databases when database design changes are to be implemented.
- Experience in Managed and resolved design issues during development stage.
- Locally managed tablespaces were used which track all extent information in the tablespace itself. This results in improved performance as it eliminates recursive operations and reliance on data dictionary.
- Managing database security. Creating and assigning appropriate roles and privileges to users depending on the user activity.
- Database backup and recovery. Used hot and cold backups. Involved in development of scripts to automate backup and recovery procedures for development databases. Created materialized views.
- Developing PL/SQL programs for data manipulation.
- Installation of Oracle client tools and establishing connectivity to databases.
- Creating tablespaces, tables, indexes, users, etc.
- Managing security.
- Moved database Schema changes to stage or production.
- Migrated and upgraded databases from version 10g to 11i.
Utility RMAN OEM SQL*PLUS
EDUCATION Computer Science Major
Confidential, Little Rock, AR Academic Success Center, May 10 to June 10 Provide assistance to my peers, brain stormed ideas on how to get retention rate up, ran errands, answer the phone, data entry and provide tutoring and mentoring to my peers, high school students.
Confidential, Little Rock, AR Computer Information System-Desktop Support Technician Intern , August 06-May 08 Provide daily desktop support, and assist the Network Manager as needed in trouble shooting, maintain and repair computer related equipment; participate in brainstorming and Computer Information System planning sessions; install software, configure, and maintain desktop equipment and resolve faculty, staff and student needs questions and concerns involving computer related issues.
Confidential, Little Rock, AR Office Assistant-Financial Aid , January 06-August 07 Filed papers, and made folders for students who didn't have a file, maintained files, answered the phone, and assisted my peers.
Confidential, Little Rock, AR Residential Assistant-Residential Life, August 05-May 06 Provided leadership and assistance to the Residential Life Center personnel, enforced policies regarding safety, security, and health of the residents; participated in planning and implementation of social, recreational, and cultural activities.
Confidential, Little Rock, Secretary-Humanities Department, August 04-May 05 Assisted with Honors Convocation, ran errands, made copies, and answered the phone.
ACTIVITIES/ ORGANIZATION/ ACCOMPLISHMENTS Student Support Services/ Sparks Viking BI Fidelity / Secretary R.A. / Residential Assistant/ won R.A of the year award Clinton Presidential library/ community service Disciplinary board/ served as a member 2 years Campus clean up/ community service
References Available Upon Request