- Varied IT industry experience from operations, technical to management.
- Managed a small IT team at a nationwide Asian food distributor, providing leadership in remediating the IT environment while including process organization around an ERP system development by project managing a consulting team. Work as a liaison between technology vendors to come up with the best solutions for existing technology support and new border crossing network configurations. Provide leadership and guidance to IT staff and work as an intermediary between the CEO, his partners and the consultants.
- Managed Service Engineer providing technical support to Chicago area law firms technical teams.
- Operations centric experience around IT quality of service to clients, full understanding of change management and documentation requirements in any IT organization.
- Ability to understand application support and development cycles.
Managed Service Engineer
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- Maintain, troubleshoot and communicate with varying backup tools and vendors, such as; Backup Exec, Barracuda, AppAssure, Veeam, eVault. Administration of sans (i.e. EMC, HP, Dell, Hitachi)
- Support varied Microsoft Server environments and their roles including Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Windows Server Backup etc.
- Oversea varying VM - Ware virtualized environments, from maintaining virtual machine performance and configuration to supporting host and back end storage allowances outside of troubleshooting all areas of the virtual environment.
- Troubleshoot VDI & Citrix environments for user end issues, including some configuration items like xenapp application availability and desktop pool distribution.
- Oversee Exchange environments both local and hybrid on an end user level and system configuration. This includes basic administration of filtering tools such as Mimecast.
- Maintain Database functionality, reviewing and modifying/configuring maintenance plans, jobs and permissions. Oversee server configuration against SQL Database requirements.
- Basic network troubleshooting with varying access to firewalls, switches and UPS devices. This includes working with ISPs on troubleshooting outages.
- General client, vendor and end user communication, along with collaboration on resolving issues.
- Perform team collaboration on documenting new processes, findings on environments and shift handoff.
- Maintain Autotask ticket queues while overseeing Manage Workplace for site monitoring.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- Managing development of an in house ERP solution, while working with Developer consultants to streamline the development and testing efforts for release.
- Acquiring & documenting the business process to be reflected in the new systems design, while learning application design & dependencies for troubleshooting.
- Created testing & reporting processes for current ERP development, while working with end users for UX design on the new system dependent on business process and applied functionality reminiscent of the legacy application.
- Collaborate on testing & reporting with end users abroad for production readiness.
- Low level Azure cloud services portal managements.
- Revise, audit and document current Knowledge Base.
- Implemented wireless infrastructure utilizing SonicPoint APs with the support from a vendor while transitioning support knowledge.
- Introduced new IT Policies, implementation of AD single user sign on, and Avast Business for workstation end point security. Workstation remediation and clean up.
- Active Directory planning and implementation in a 100 user environment, migrating users to use folder redirection upon file server role migration completion.
- Windows Server 2008 R2 administration with troubleshooting, auditing and patching Domain Controller, Exchange 2010, File Server roles.
- Exchange, deployment of public IP block lists, SSL certificates, including e-mail flow and domain registrar troubleshooting.
- New server build & deployment for branch sites. Including remote assistance.
- Deployed directly attached storage for backup on several mission critical servers. Including migration of the file server on to a newly built file server, while re-deploying an existing HP DL320 ProLiant server for final back up destination.
- Leadership and project planning with the junior IT associate with career planning. This included executing several projects for High Availability requirements on a secondary domain controller in Hyper-V & SonicWall Firewall.
- VM-Ware ESXi 6 server build and deployment, for planned Exchange server HA expansion.
- Cisco CUCM low level support with phones, voice mailbox, user, and features support.
Sr. NOC Technician, Contractor
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- Gather information on the legacy production environment including, application owners, support and architecture.
- Identify support teams such as Systems Operations, Network Telecom and Application support while gathering initial escalation information.
- Set up and lead meetings with various teams to collect technical information and set expectations.
- Document application knowledge while transitioning this to new team members and management.
- Learn the SCOM infrastructure and Orion network monitoring systems and introduce it to the application owners and support groups.
- Train new hires on SCOM, Orion, and procedures and provide technical guidance.
- Identify and collect server infrastructure information for SCOM monitoring agent deployment.
- Create initial monitoring solutions and escalation procedures along with templates and runbook in a windows environment.
- Assign initial projects to newly hired NOC technicians based on their previous experience.
- Start and continue Security and Virtualization knowledge base projects.
- SharePoint Site Admin for team site development and administration.
- Plan SharePoint Team website development, wire framing, and learning the environment from support stand point.