- Information and help desk operations professional with extensive background in help Desk, networking, and computer center operations along with extensive knowledge of numerous desktop applications. Adept at troubleshooting operations, processes, networks, computer hardware and software to determine accurate, timely and cost effective solutions. Attention to detail, superior multi - tasking skills and passion for the help desk product and its intricacies have enhanced personal career success.
Software Experience: Windows 7, 8, 10; Microsoft Office 2007, 2010, 2016; Microsoft Office 2011 for Mac; Applix Help Desk, HEAT Helpdesk, Track-It Helpdesk, Web Help Desk; Active Directory; Select Survey, Sharepoint, Zoom, Landesk (remote control), Kace, Mac OS X El Capitan and Yosemite. All types of malware, virus, spyware removal applications; browsers Edge, Internet Explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari (Mac), & Google Chrome for Mac. Colleague (Datatel) by Ellucian and Papercut MF and Blackboard.
Hardware Experience: Dell Optiplex, Microsoft Surface, Toshiba, Lenovo, Macbook Air, Macbook Pro, iPhones, iPads and numerous cell phones. Trouble-shoot multiple laptop models for students, faculty and staff. Troubleshoot GU Gold POS for students and vendors. IBM S/290 2.10 CMOS 2003/224 Mainframe. Certified Dell technician for both desktops and laptops.
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
IT Support Technician
- Imaged and setup workstations using company specifications for POS upgrade.
- Provide remote support for hardware and software POS upgrade to a number of locations across the country within tight deadlines.
- Work closely in a team environment at multiple levels to identify and resolve current and potential support issues.
Confidential, Erie, PA
Senior Help Desk Technician
- Research, resolve and respond to highly complex problems in accordance with current standards.
- Provide customer assistance with a high degree of customer satisfaction, technical expertise and timeliness to inquiries and problems such as software, hardware and network operations.
- Provide support for the highest level of escalation for user problems within the Help Desk and log all relevant information gathered on unresolved calls and escalate to tier 2.
- Provide leadership on team projects to enhance Help Desk support capability.
- Demonstrate awareness of potential procedural or support problems with which may contribute to wide-scale issues for the university.
- Develop and provide technical training, coaching and mentoring of other Help Desk staff and assist with training and monitoring the quality of support from the Student Help Desk Assistants.
- Independently provide and enhance support to end users based on relevant solutions, current support policies, and determining the best method of support delivery (phone, remote access, visit).
- Conduct follow-up surveys and compile Help Desk performance metrics to provide goals to ensure user satisfaction and enhance the quality or efficiency of support.
- Provide support and responsible for the setup, installation, training, implementation and administration of the Web Help Desk application.
Confidential, Erie, PA
Client Support Specialist
- Promoted to Client Support Specialist with the Help Desk.
- Provided basic and more complex level support for all in-house systems, applications, pc’s, Window’s programs, interfaces, servers, and mainframe applications
- Provided problem solving support to computer users; assisted help desk representatives in solving non-routine or complex software, hardware, and procedural problems.
- Intimately involved in the search, selection, setup, installation, training, and implementation of the HEAT Helpdesk program. Results included improved data input by HD staff, faster support response time, immediate identification of high priority calls, automated call escalation that reduced “dropped calls” and real-time management oversight of incoming helpdesk calls.
- Updated and streamlined System Change Request form within the HEAT Helpdesk program. Simplified data input, speeded up management approvals, decreased support response time and increased overall client satisfaction.
- Designed and implemented automated surveys through the HEAT Helpdesk that went out to each user after their call was resolved. Improved customer satisfaction and IT’s image.
Senior Computer Operator/Help Desk Technician
- Promoted to Senior Computer Operator to supervise the computer operations center.
- Responsible for the entire operation of the computer room and a staff of seven running 24 x 7.
- Lead person for troubleshooting for all computer room equipment including the mainframe, servers, robotic tape devices, pc’s, applications and interfaces.
- Created and updated operation’s procedure manuals and served as a member of the Disaster Recovery Team.
- Identified and sorted current production processes and jobs, working closely with programmers, analysts and management to re-allocate and/or discontinue and consolidate jobs saving time and labor.
Computer Operator/Help Desk Technician
- Maintained continuous operation, analysis and support of multiple IBM mainframe systems at master consoles utilizing various mainframe applications, hardware management, and general oversight and control of batch job processing.
- Provided first level HD support for mainframe, network, desktop programs and operating systems and numerous interfaces for the hospital and all its satellite facilities.