Confidential, Renton, WA
- Providing technical assistance at a tier one level of support for internal end users on all of the company applications including Mainframe, SAP, AS400, and other web based systems.
- Troubleshooting software and hardware issues for local and remote users around the world.
- As an Confidential Analyst monitored MS System Center Operations Manager (SCOM) alerts and provided tier two remote support for server and application issues being reported by the system.
- Also used WhatsUp Gold as a monitoring tool for power and Acting as a team member to report and support all major incidents in order to reduce the impact and recover from all incidents and major disasters.
- Escalated any issues that could not be handled remotely or at a tier two level to the next level of support.
- Used MS System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) as tool for resolving server issues, installing software and system updates, and remotely accessing the system.
- Providing escalations and updates to management, team members and affected end users. Resolved issues regarding network backup of computer systems and restored folders, files, and system when requested using Symantec NetBackup software.
- Accessed, troubleshot, and managed issues with SQL Servers using MS SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS).
- Administered company issued mobile device remotely through MobileIron.
- Assisted users with email issues using the Cisco IronPort Email Security to allow content being blocked as spam, phishing, or other malicious content.
- As a member of the End User Computing (EUC) team, I managed the computer and communication equipment throughout their life cycle.
- Troubleshooting hardware, software, and networking issues at several Franciscan hospitals and administration offices as a tier 2 level support.
- The hardware supported by the EUC team includes desktops, laptops, tablets, mobile devices, Avaya VOIP phones, printers, scanners, servers, routers, and switches.
- Software support consist of MS Windows operating system, MS office suite, and as well as several medical applications.
- Acted as the smart hands and feet for the networking and server teams for any issues regarding network connectivity, and issues with servers and switches. Imaged new computers, reimaged older PCs from Window XP, and upgraded them to Windows 7 using Microsoft SCCM.
- Deployed laptops and desktops to different locations depending on the needs of medical and administrative staff.
- Supported the inventory of IT equipment for the entire team through ordering and shipping to each team member’s location.
- Used MS Active Directory to manage computer systems and employee accounts, assigning them to the correct groups and organizational units (OU).
- Used tools like Transwiz to make copies of end users profiles for transfers and terminations, as well as making disk images with programs like FTK Imager for the Information Security Team.
- Managed the incidents and request for the Tacoma area through the BMC Remedy ticketing system.
- Acted as a field service technician, driving to the location of the incidents when remote resolutions were not available using programs like Bomgar and MS Remote Desktop Connection.
- Administrator for site file and print server settings, quotas, permissions, troubleshooting, and resolving issues.
Confidential, Crestview, FL
PC Support Technician
- Managed the hardware and software for a major call center of about 600 end users, which includes the inventory of the computer equipment and licensed software.
- Troubleshooting Tier 2 level issues related to desktops, laptops, Avaya VOIP phones, mobile devices that included iPads, iPhones, and Android as well as servers and printers.
- Fixed and replaced parts for laptops, desktops and servers as needed and ordering parts for computers under warranty as well as keeping the out of warranty computers operational.
- Used Active Directory to manage computers in their group policy association on the domain and managed incidents using CASDM and FootPrints.
- Deployed hardware to the production floor and software through manual installs or using the Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager process.
- Auditing the file server structure for the entire eastern region team as well as controlling users’ personal folder size quotas.
- Managed and updated the structure, documents, and permissions of the users to the Desktop Support Team’s Sharepoint site.
- Trained and assisted the newly hired PC Support Technicians on all of the standards of operations, company policies, and the duties of the position.
- Managed the hardware in the company data center by installing, replacing, and repairing servers, routers, and switches. Worked extensively with the Microsoft Management Console in order to troubleshoot device issues, manage shared folders, enable and disable system services, and schedule task.
- Maintained a 99 percent service level agreement (SLA) on all incidents and requested submitted for my site.
- Worked on the incident response and disaster recovery team for the organization, ensuring that all of the IT equipment was protected against any threats.
Confidential, Pensacola, FL
Service Desk Analyst
- Supporting the employees of the Mosaic company with technical issues.
- Assisted user who called with hardware, software and network issues and performed Tier 1 level troubleshooting to resolving any issues.
- Escalated issues that could not be fixed at Tier 1 level or remotely to the proper team member.
- Managed incident and request ticket queues using software like Remedy and Service Now to distribute the tickets among all members of the Service Desk.
- Managed user accounts, group association, and pushed software installs through Active Directory.
- Lead the team for bi - lingual technical support working with users in the Canada, United States and Latin America. Became a subject matter expert (SME) on several of the company applications, also trained and supported the new Service Desk Analyst.
Confidential, Fort Bragg, NC
- Provided technical support to operators of Army STAMIS that includes ULLS-A, ULLS-G, SAMS-1E, PBUSE, and others to diagnose and solve computers and communication equipment problems.
- Pre-programmed laptops, desktops and servers in order to make the distribution easier in preparation for overseas deployment.
- Established communication between several locations in Afghanistan and monitored all equipment and wireless local area networks (WLAN) and local area networks remotely.
- Inspected equipment to keep them in working order and repaired or replaced malfunctioning computers and their peripherals.
- Trained users and co-workers in use of equipment and programs.
- Tested, configured, installed and maintained networks including (servers, hubs, bridges, switches and routers) and software that permits the sharing of information.
- Installed and regulated the operating systems on which Army applications and programs are installed.
- Monitored network performance to determine whether adjustments needed to be made and to determine which users where not operational. Oversaw the daily performance of computer systems and installed Cat5 cable to add additional users to the network.
- Reassembled machines after making repairs or replacing parts.
- System administrator and access control for all users on the network.
- Incident management was handled and resolved using the BMC Remedy software.
- Installed, monitored, and tested communication equipment, which includes CAISI and Very Small Aperture Terminal (VSAT).
- Advanced understanding, administration, and troubleshooting of operating systems (Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10, Server 2003, 2008, 2012, 2012 R2, Linux, and Mac), as well as mobile devices for corporate environment (Blackberry, Apple iPhone, Android smartphones)
- Experience working and administration of encryption programs such as McAfee Endpoint Encryption and BitLocker for computers, as well as MobileIron and Tangoe for mobile devices.
- Trained with forensic tools that include EnCase, Paraben P2C and DS,0 Forensic Toolkit (FTK), and several others to make bit level copy of disk drives with write protection.
- Fluent speaking, reading, writing in English and Spanish able to read and speak French and Arabic at an intermediate level.