- CompTIA A+ and MTA Certified Technician with 9 years of customer service experience.
- Seeking to obtain an entry - level IT support position.
Windows: 10, 8, 7, XP Pro, Enterprise, Vista, Active Directory, Dell Ticketing System, BMC Remedyforce Ticketing System
Microsoft Office: 2013/10/07, Access, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Publisher, OneNote, MS Project
LAN/WAN:, VPN, Routers, Network Cabling, Firewalls, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP
Repair: Apple, Asus, Acer, HP & Dell CPUs, Monitors, Laptops
OS: Migration by Server, Disk & Flash, Imaging, Application Installation.
Virus & Malware: Removal, Norton Ghost
Restore Data & System: Recovery, ConfigurationDiagnose, Troubleshoot, Repair Desktops & Laptops
Confidential, Washington, DC
Help Desk Specialist
- Provide on-site and remote technical support for over 350 OFR employees, visitors, and contractors.
- Utilize various software programs and websites to diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve issues for all OFR staff on a daily basis.
- Create and resolve over 25 ongoing tickets on a weekly basis by utilizing the Dell KACE Ticketing System.
- Generate and support all end user and external contact accounts in Active Directory, Skype Admin Console and Microsoft Exchange Admin Console.
- Assist in deploying, managing, and collecting government technology and equipment for all incoming, relocating, and departing OFR employees, visitors, and contractors.
Senior Help Desk Technician
- Participated in a computer replacement project that included over 100 Metro facilities throughout the region.
- Transferred sensitive professional data between current units and newly acquired units via the network for over 10 clients on a weekly basis.
- Generated and closed over 15 ongoing tickets on a weekly basis by utilizing the Maximo Ticketing System.
- Assessed printer security features on network printers throughout 8 floors within site headquarters.
- Downloaded, installed, and configured applications and programs for WMATA staff and management.
Tier 2 Help Desk Technician
- Settled computer issues for teachers, staff, administrators and liaisons in 5 DC Public Schools.
- Documented and updated over 10 ongoing tickets on a weekly basis by utilizing the BMC Remedyforce Ticketing System.
- Connected local and network printers throughout 5 DC Public Schools, configured and troubleshot resolutions to wireless connectivity issues.
- Performed reimaging, install/download applications and programs to Apple and Dell computers.
- Repaired desktops and laptops including upgrades & installs and migrating from XP to Windows 7 OS by server, disk and flash drives for individual and office computers.
- Used OSI to troubleshoot and resolve computer issues related to malware, viruses, blue screen and various hardware issues consisting of monitors, disk drives, modems, hard drives and optical drives.
- Used step-by-step method to explain basic and complex computer issues and how to fix them in simple and easy to understand terms to colleagues and instructors.
- Set up systems for work sites, established and repaired network connections and cables, set up wired/wireless networks for offices, computer labs and classrooms.
- Assisted in the improvement of educational standards in the youth center by providing education assistance to over 30 students in DC public schools.
- Designed and implemented lesson plans for afterschool programs in accordance with the academic needs of students.
- Prepared physical activities and coached students in basketball with the focus being on developing team building, commitment and individual responsibility skills.
- Collaborated with administrators and management and provided assistance in hosting public events for the youth in the community.
- Completed more than 1700 full-time hours of volunteer work in team based community service consisting of tutoring, social skills coaching, test preparation and community restoration projects.
- Tutored and mentored over 10 students in DC public schools in various neighborhoods and social settings.
- Performed over 10 community service initiatives involving playground, basketball court, and school building restoration projects.
- Developed and nurtured a positive relationship with the Afterschool Coordinator and City Year in order to uphold productivity in various programs and projects.
- Provided verbal and written messages between customers and the Executive Director on issues pertaining to registration, events, and finances.
- Used Microsoft Office and Lifeline to compile, edit and organize numerous highly detailed reports for all levels of managerial staff.
- Called and marketed organization membership promotions to past clients, organizations, and various companies to increase membership numbers.
Front Desk Customer Service Agent
- Updated clients on the daily logistics of the facility regarding operations and membership.
- Answered phones and provided information to students and faculty.
- Organized front desk area while engaging with the facility guests, answering questions and maintaining a detailed log of guest files.
Logistics and Maintenance Coordinator (Internship)
- Upheld confidentiality of materials pertaining to the operations of the department.
- Sorted operational materials that were distributed throughout the organization’s departments.
- Maintained detailed records and files for managerial staff.