A problem solving I.T. executive type, with exceptional multi - network operating system expertise. A proven track record across multi-network topology specifically hired as contract systems admin and desktop support roles in turn around and performance of problem networks. A helpdesk professional focused on increasing user satisfaction and customer experience.
I.T. executive, Linthicum, Ma
- Utilized Remedy ITSM, and JIRA to track, triage, update and delegate Portal developmental errors to correct teams.
- Knowledge of IBM Tivoli Identity Management software for various user account challenges and security issues.
- State approved Change Request Management process for Web Portal management and personnel account issues.
- From date of hire, relieved upper team members to handle other processes allowing the Help Desk to increase ticket throughput 400 % from approx. 600 tickets to 2700 plus development tickets in queue moving thru process.
- Asked to track and report particular metrics used by upper management to increase operational efficiencies.
- Lead and Primary point of contact responsible for all daily and weekly metrics for operational and developmental errors affecting all insurance carriers used to support the Maryland Health Benefits Web Portal project.
- Project new site setup Desktop Support Technician, responsible for laptop images and standard desktop, project software, user profile-access settings, active directory for workstations from scripted SCCM network shares. SCCM administered software and patching push of critical updates and group configs. from deployment team.
Confidential, Blackstone, Va
- Contractor Confidential for Government Army Digital Soldier Initiative Fort Pickett. Cisco 3560 X catalyst switches, routers and firewall configuration and management performing connectivity troubleshooting including TCP/IP, DHCP and DNS challenges. Port configuration for secure instrumentation, comms., video and data convergence.
- Desktop support and setup for mobile Confidential . using Cisco’s Nagios to map and monitor 30 plus switches including point to point fiber Mac address mesh backhaul between mobile radio towers and remote sites. Nagios monitoring servers based upon LINUX platforms RADIUS systems following military high security protocol and procedures.
- Cisco wireless controller configuration and carrier grade cell phone indoor outdoor signal boost equipment.
- System included soldier voice, video, communications, and data convergence. Sat and GPS positioning including 911 beacon. Provided network systems, desktop setup support and soldier support to active mil specs.
- Created, utilized, and ensured adherence to essential desktop with SCCM deployment to military spec. standards.
HELPDESK DESKTOP SUPPORT, Scottsdale, Az
- Trimble Corporation's first level Global Help Desk support of U.S. and Spanish Latin American clients.
- Embedded systems with SAT, GPS, cellular and multiple large scale networked SQL Server traffic.
- New systems implementation and rollout team utilizing Team Viewer or VPN for Citrix issues, server software install, server support, iMAC systems, win7 rollout - refresh through Desktop Support and remote DS techniques.
- Corporate roll out XP to Win7, MDT toolkit, SYSPrep, data migration, workstation script, and SCCM administration.
- MS Server 2008/10 admin, user requirements, active directory issues, security SOP’s, and permissions.
- Handled new client Citrix server install configuration including primary workstation session profiles.
- Some Xen Apps and Xen Desktop configuration experience while aiding in client workstation RDP file challenges during rollout including anomalous blade server operational challenges.
- Remedy Corporate ticket, RMA data, and knowledgebase. Continued high first call resolution status.
- User file access updates and security from consistent user and OU criteria utilizing standardized active directory structure for the distributed user base. AD administration of user challenges with permissions and file access.
SYSTEMS ADMIN, Phoenix, Az
- Network level implementation, administration and client support. Primary contact for mid-high level corporate accts. Involved with issues onsite from break-fix to network performance. Server performance monitoring systems.
- Worked with MS virtual server 5 and blade server virtualization configurations and challenges. Server and network monitoring using management software. Citrix Server and workstation RDP file challenges.
- VMware servers with some administration knowledge expecting short learning curve for new platforms.
- While working city Desktop Support and thin client contracts gained experience with SCCM / SMS, Xen Apps.
- Laptop, iMAC systems, tablet, smart phone, and Blackberry "road warrior" initiative including Blackberry server administration, security SOP and hardware break fix. Legacy apps, exchange, and desktop app issues.
- HP Intelligent infrastructure through HP Service Desk, Insight, VMware V center and MS System Center.
- Formalized internal helpdesk processes using integrated ticket, SLA metrics and dynamic knowledgebase for increasing field tech efficiencies and user satisfaction. Large scale remote trouble shooting for business assets.
- MS Advanced server 2003/2008 administration for client support, security access including Exchange.
- Corporate rollout of iMAC, XP.x, Vista, Win 7 and its challenges. Utilized image X, SysPrep deployment tool.
SYSTEMS ENGINEER / ADMIN, Phoenix, Az
- Systems engineer and administrator controlling daily operations involving internet, leased line and client connectivity challenges of cloud services provider. Solved proprietary challenges and core file interaction issues.
- Lead technician to troubleshoot critical connection issues as they arise involving individuals and groups of users .
- Systems and Security administrator as per dynamic account and SOP’s including bandwidth requirements.
- Server clustering and systems monitoring during daily administration tasks.
SR. COMPUTER INSTRUCTOR, Phoenix, Az
- Senior Instructor for computer courses including A+, Network Plus and server platform certifications.
- Intent to attain all Certifications possible although the environment and workload was very engaging.
- Created syllabus and structure for several courses of study and internet based training I.B.T. courses.
- Prompted by Dean to develop critical security strategies and processes to restrain and contain user hacking.
NETWORK / DESKTOP SUPPORT, Phoenix, Az
- Contractor of integration and support for numerous high level corporation contracts involving server and client ws.
- During a term contract with Confidential Corp. N.D. experienced the release of engineers in an infrastructure setup of mission critical accounting server racks. Appointed contract trouble shooter correcting errors, solving all challenges and finishing infrastructure contract on budget. Supported departmental setup and SQL server access.
NETWORK / DESKTOP SUPPORT, Phoenix, Az
- Networking engineer in implementation supporting clients of all issues involved in large scale setups.
- Acquired lead consultant to the City of Peoria contract. Formalized the City's helpdesk also supporting most desktop issues in Confidential - City services Departments including Police and Fire Dept infrastructure and pc’s.
- Developed and maintained city approved SLA metrics contributing to a long term outsource contract.
- Instrumental in the development and role out of the first phase Peoria Police vehicle laptop installs using secure RAServers. Project management from insemination through implementation as project lead.