COMPTIA Network+ Certified; Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer and Systems Administrator (MCSE, MCSA); Certified Checkpoint System Administrator (CCSA); Extensive IT client support related to software, hardware and LAN/WAN networks; Moderate experience working with multiple Linux distributions and Macintosh OS; Extensive experience with MicrosoftWindows 7, Windows 2000, Windows Vista, Windows XP and legacy platforms; Experience with VMware Workstation; Worked on Track It, Remedy and Vantive technical support systems. Moderate experience with Adobe Creative Suite and CuteFTP.
Senior Desktop Support Technician
- Provide desktop and remote technical support for Confidential professors and students.
- Provide students with Wi - Fi connectivity support.
- Provide technical support for Confidential and Confidential series high volume printers.
- Collaborate with team members for possible solutions to support issues.
- Monitor printer usage remotely to ensure compliance with Computer Lab policy.
Mobile PC and Network Support Technician
- Provided on-site technical support for clients, resolved issues with personal computer and home office networks.
- Installed and replaced defective hardware, software and trained clients on configuration and proper use.
- Set up wireless networks for clients and ensured their security settings were properly set.Informed clients on the importance of Antivirus and Firewall security measures.
- Assistedclients with E-Learning systems/websites.
Confidential, Alexandria, VA
Senior LAN Technician
- Responsible for troubleshooting network, desktop and peripheral equipment issues for the Confidential .
- Configured, diagnosed and solved software and hardware issues.
- Provided face-to-face technical support as well as telephone and remote support for 2000+ users (including on-site and off-site users, as well as those in other US regions).
- Managed technical supportissues and as the Senior LAN technician resolved escalated issues forwarded by team members.
- Communicated beneficial cost and time saving solutions to upper management.
- Trained end users on the use of laptops using various telecommunications methods.
- Assisted agency staff in COOP laptop configuration and deployment for Homeland Security as well as several Confidential initiatives.
- Built agency-approved Windows XP-based images utilizing Group Policy to conform to FNS security policy.
- Used Ghost Server and Ghost client to apply these images to workstations over the network. Acted as back-up network administrator when necessary.
- Installed, configured and supportednotebooks/laptops as well as Palm Pilot, Treo and Blackberry Confidential s.
- Ensured that all technical services complied with FNS standards (to include Confidential ).
- Drafted white papers and policy documents as needed.
- Demonstrated expert knowledge of IT standards for development, system development lifecycles and project management processes.
- Provided new methods and approaches for feasibility, compatibility with existing systems, suggestions for more effective equipment, as well as long-term hardware and software system integration.
- Maintained and updated IT manuals and instructions.
- Earned a Confidential Warranty Parts Direct certification to handle Confidential repairs and replacements for Confidential computers and printers.
- Successfully supervised a rollout team for migrating users workstations and network server hardware, software and operating systems using a critical path milestones process.
- Served as primary administrator for the IT technical support ticket system software package, Track It. Managed Track It staff database accounts and backed up databases.
- Actively participated in the upgrade of the network from token-ring to Ethernet throughout the entire Agency.
- Supported the Agency's Grants Management Division in the application of Confidential .
- Received numerous award certificates for excellent customer service.