- To utilize my extensive technical skills and strong customer support abilities to gain employment with a stable local company or municipality that is leveraging its technology investments to the highest degree possible. Ultimately, I would like to attain the level of systems administrator, so that I can provide long - term solutions for my employer’s infrastructure needs.
- Server Systems Administration - Manage day-to day-maintenance of Windows Server platforms and associated products such as Active Directory, web sites, Exchange, and databases.
- Helpdesk/Desktop Support - Provide technology assistance and problem resolution to those who possess little or limited computer experience or knowledge while maintaining a professional demeanor.
- Participate as a team member on system design projects, from initial concept, scope determination, proposals, layout, submittals, installation, and maintenance/administration at project completion.
- Experienced IT Engineer. Can easily and quickly adapt to a wide variety of environments.
- Performed project/program management. Led and advised analysts in matters of extreme difficulty and complexity toward successful completion.
- Exemplary communications skills (verbal and written). Expert level knowledge of Microsoft Office.
SKILLS / COMPETENCIES:
- Windows Server 2012
- Windows Server 2008
- Windows Server 2003
- SQL Server
- Disaster Recovery
IT Support Technician
- Administration of Microsoft Windows Server 2003/2008/2012/2016 in many roles.
- Specialized in securing both workstations and servers in complex and dynamic environments.
- Design, installation, and documentation of large campus style networks (fiber, wired, and wireless).
- Trained staff in proper use of server software and how to utilize network resources effectively.
- Participated in on-call rotation for the state’s network infrastructure.
- Recognized for outstanding performance.
- Participated in daily triage of trouble tickets, and established new priorities as incidents occurred.
- Managed projects to successful completion across the state, including vendor coordination and billing.
- Expert in deployment and support of COTS at facilities with little or no outside support.
- Responsible for all aspects of network setup and administration in facility schools.
- Implemented standards across campus style networks.
- Utilized both LAN and WLAN in various topologies to accomplish stated business requirements.
- Participated in assisting local staff with security investigations on many occasions.
- Established a solid track record of conclusive and undisputable findings.
- Recruited often by several Institutional Investigators to assist in ongoing trouble resolution and fact finding missions.
- Established and documented standards to be used statewide in supported facilities.
- Resulting Group Policy Objects are still in use today.
- Built and configured standardized images of different platforms to optimize deployment of new computers.
- Resulting efficiencies made up for previous need for extra technicians (temp hires and interns) during large refreshes.
Senior Windows Desktop Engineer
- Performed duties to support computer migrations from outside domains into single centralized COF domain in support of bank acquisitions across the country as well as pushing software to client computers with SCCM. Level 3 support of 12,000 end users and network technicians to facilitate success at all levels of migration and transition.
- Maintained can-do attitude no matter what the issue involved, and kept a solid track record of success in helping staff successfully migrate to the COF domain.
IT Operations and Support Manager
- Supported Windows 2000, Windows XP, and Windows 7 hardware and software in LAN/WAN environment including VPN remote access to both physical and virtual resources.
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003/2008 in many roles (web, file, proxy, and database platforms).
- Administration/maintenance of all company systems including Exchange server, file servers, VMware ESXi 4.1 hosts, Confidential storage resources ( Confidential and Confidential ), and internet connectivity.
- Administered production systems that hosted applications for customers (SaaS model) at commercial collocation site as well (upgrades, maintenance, backups, and ad hoc reporting).
- Responsible for internal support of corporate network resources including servers, email, and internet connectivity as well as being internal SME for Microsoft Windows and Office 2007 and 2010. Responsible for setup and monitoring of corporate firewall and investigating attempted intrusions.
- Intruders were tracked, identified, and turned over to proper authorities.
- Provided attentive support to customers in all matters concerning Confidential software (both legacy client/server and newer web application).
- Support duties included everything from user education/assistance to bug fixes and data conversion, cleanup, and migration.
- Field Engineer duties included on-site setup of applications servers for customers across the USA.
- Implemented virtualization initiative encompassing entire testing, development, and production environments.
- Challenges included low budget and retasking of equipment, as well as tight maintenance windows.
- Project completed with only a few minor difficulties primarily caused by short maintenance windows.
Desktop Support Technician
- Setup and deployment of new computer systems (image & configuration), and migration of user settings and data to new systems.
- Primary technician on desktop refresh project. Support of new system users as follow-up to deployments which included on-site and remote employees.
Project IT Administrator
- All aspects of Confidential security administration in environment containing over 100 million files (3.2 Exobytes of data) and subsequent quarantine of files based on file creation dates and access stamps.
- Involved development of complex shell scripts and collection of file metadata to be stored in tracking logs for subsequent analysis for legal team during discovery phase.
- Developed custom batch-scripts that ran on scheduler to perform high level of automation for customers, which aided in exceeding SLA values by 90% and saving countless man hours.
- Also responsible for ad-hoc security reporting as requested by customers enterprise-wide.
- Answered calls in state agency helpdesk environment while tracking metrics related to call volume and performance.
- When possible, resolved user issues including everything from Active Directory account maintenance to software installation (also included Windows XP security issues).
- Specialized in configuration maintenance and utilization of remote support including the use of both Netmeeting and Remote Desktop Support tools.
- Used those tools when necessary to support users in matters of complex administrative configuration (including patch management). Worked closely with Field Technicians during escalations to ensure that work logs were maintained, SLA’s were met, and technical documentation was updated.
- Technical documentation of established standard procedures for matters of extreme complexity and/or importance.
- Resulting documentation was utilized by Helpdesk staff, Field Technicians, and Desktop Support personnel.
- Involved in special projects team related to automation of patch management in diverse WAN environment.
Service Desk Analyst
- Performed troubleshooting of remote computers and applications via phone and remote desktop control for a variety of callers in an international setting.
- Included system administration, Active Directory Group Policy, security verifications, level two and three call coordination, network connectivity issues, and other calls as required. Initial triage of incoming calls, and subsequent escalation to second level support groups.
- Excellent record of problem resolution at first call level.
- Performed administration of managed, semi-managed, and unmanaged Windows XP and 2000 computers for a wide customer base using verbal skills and remote support procedures.
- Participated in Active Directory Separation Project which involved 22,500 computers and 18,000 users.
- Performed Active Directory administration while adhering to security policy.
- Performed password resets and GPO administration across world-wide corporate WAN.