Obtain a position in the field of Information Technology where I can utilize my skills, experience, and education.
- Five plus years of Computer / Network Support
- Fifteen plus years in customer service
- Experience with Oracle
- Extensive Microsoft Office Suite Experience
- Install, configure and maintain various networks and operating systems (Windows 7, XP, Red Hat Linux 7.2 and 7.3, Linux Fedora 15, Server 2003 and 2008)
- VMWare administration and support
- Computer imaging
- Employ LAN/WAN Technology and Applications
- IP Networking
- Implement network security protocols
- Manage exchange servers
- Troubleshoot/replace faulty hardware (disk and network servers, network interface cards)
- Active Directory
- Cisco Servers
- Cisco VoIP Phone Systems: 7965, 7960G, 7970
- Cisco Routers: 7600 Series
- Internet Web based program experience
- DSI Client Inventory System Administration
- D Storage trouble shooting and installation
- Zebra printer installation and configuration
- Network laser printer installation
- Cobian Backup System Administration
- Team Viewer PC Software (multiple versions)
- Proficient in the use of Remote Desktop Connection (RDC)
- Mac OS Trouble Shooting
- SCCM Console
Sr. Desktop Support Specialist
- Serve as project lead on various system upgrades and maintenance.
- Perform hands - on technical upgrades and deployments.
- Write scripts that perform system tasks and change configurations.
- Research innovative technologies and make recommendations.
- Develop, document and train others on IT systems and best practice procedures.
- Analyze business and IT processes, technologies and applications.
- Maintain software-testing environment for new security patches, Windows updates, etc.
- Provide daily Level 2 support for various infrastructure / desktop support systems.
- Administration and oversight for Lotus Notes desktop client, desktop and client policy.
- Perform day to IT support to customers.
IT Support Analyst, Salem, VA
- Document all pertinent end user identification information, including name, department, contact information, and nature of problem or issue.
- Build rapport and elicit problem details from help desk customers.
- Prioritize and schedule problems. Escalate problems (when required) to the appropriately experienced technician.
- Record, track, and document the help desk request problem - solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to the final resolution.
- Apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
- Access software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and frequently asked questions resources on the Internet to aid in problem resolution.
- Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization.
- Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications.
- Test fixes to ensure problem has been adequately resolved.
- Perform post-resolution follow-ups to help requests.
- Develop help sheets and knowledge base articles for end users.
IT Support Analyst
- Provides technical support to diagnose, analyze, research and resolve routine interactions for users. Responsible for recognizing, researching, isolating, escalating and resolving incidents and/or interactions.
- Executes incident management, and facilitates interactions for other service management functions for Nationwide supported applications and IT processes.
- Provides preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, direct cause analysis, and resolution for routine technical incidents in order to ensure user satisfaction.
- Documents routine user escalations and routes to appropriate technical solution area or resource.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
IT Coordinator, Charlottlesville, VA
- Works with management and other departments to implement a successful IT plan.
- Assists in the implementation of the IT plan and trains the individuals who will need to use it.
- Establishes various guidelines for evaluating the IT systems and determining where changes should be made.
- Assists in budgeting for IT expenses, including the purchase of new equipment and software when necessary.
- Diagnoses issues when computers or other technologies are not working as they should.
- Implements a plan for repair or replacement of computers and other forms of technology.
- Instructs other IT professionals and assigns projects as needed.
- Forms strong bonds with equipment manufacturers and service providers so that issues can be resolved more quickly.
- Prepares regular reports for management officials; attends meetings to present these findings.
- Assisted new hires with helpdesk related issues
- Provided technical support to users as well as support for incoming questions related to computer systems, software, and hardware.
- Respond to tickets either via email over the phone on in person.
- Train users on the proper way to use various programs and applications and maintain daily performance logs.
- Ask pertinent questions to determine cause of the issue. Install, modify, and repair PC hardware and software.
- Run diagnostics to resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Resolve issues with the Local Area Networks (LAN), Wide Area Networks (WAN), and other systems.
- Follow up with customers to ensure issue has been resolved.
- Obtain user feedback to see what areas need to be improved upon.
- Run daily system audits to ensure full functionality and apply updates to the servers as needed.
Confidential, Lynchburg, VA
Customer Service Manager
- Collaborate with store management to support and implement growth strategies
- Coordinate customer service projects and initiatives
- Ensure budget requirements are being met
- Conduct employee performance evaluations
- Evaluate and address staff training and coaching needs
- Provide strong customer service
- Supervise associates in the assigned areas and convey daily tasks and goals
Confidential, Lynchburg, VA
Customer Service Representative
- Maintained self service area
- Responsible for the troubleshooting of computer/register problems
- Led front end processes to sustain employee productivity and superb customer service
Confidential, Lynchburg, VA
Policyholder Service Representative
- Communicated product and regulatory information to customers
- Charted company procedural modifications and maintained regulatory compliance
- Analyzed financial transactions