Technically strong and seasoned IT professional with 24+ years of effective technical systems engineering and project management in Windows and virtualization environments. Broad knowledge and success in providing technical support for all client and server systems. Proficient in managing large - scale technical projects; able to identify key project objectives, implementation times, budget, and business impact. Highly analytical with proven record of implementing process improvements.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
- Systems Design & Implementation
- IT Project Management
- Client and Vendor Relations
- Process Analysis & Improvement
- Backup & Recovery Strategies
- Troubleshooting & Problem Resolution
- System Monitoring
- User Training and Support
Platforms: Microsoft Windows NT-2016, Systems Center (SCOM/SCCM/SCVMM), Exchange Server, Citrix XenApp, SQL Server, Office 365, SharePoint, Hyper-V, VMware
Tools: Microsoft Office Suite, Skype, Lync
Hardware: IBM, Dell, HP, Cisco, NetApp, EMC, HDS
Confidential, Chandler, Arizona
Technical Scope: VMware, SQL Server, Veeam, Office 365, System Center, Azure, VOIP
- Providing small to mid-sized business support for various clients to include migrations, engineering, logistics moves.
- Engaging in contracts constantly to provide instant senior-level engineering skills to businesses of all levels.
- Acquire additional workload from Thumbtack website to include residential/SOHO design, implementation and support.
Confidential, Scottsdale, Arizona
Server Project Engineer
Technical Scope: VMware, SQL Server, Veeam, Office 365, System Center
- Provided lead engineer work output to complete a number of projects aimed at consolidation, security compliance and data center migration.
Confidential, Phoenix, Arizona
Technical Scope: VMware, Horizon View, AppVolumes, vRealize Operations Manager, AppSense, Atlantis USX,Xangati, SQL Server, Ivanti DesktopNow
- Assisted with the integration of virtual desktop technologies to erect a VDI for corporate-wide use.
- Recommended streamlined user logon strategies while leveraging tools for access, maintenance and monitoring of all components representing the environment.
- Helped create communication channels between different technology groups to aid in a secure, efficient deployment.
Confidential, Phoenix, Arizona
Technical Scope: Hyper-V, VMware, SharePoint, SQL Server, Microsoft Azure Cloud Services, Exchange
- Assessed environment of decaying hardware and technology. Made recommendations to mitigate findings.
- Successful migration of on premise SharePoint 2010 environment to Office 365 SharePoint Online.
- Evaluated and recommended monitoring tool to maintain system and network uptime across the company settling in on SolarWinds to monitor SonicWall endpoint devices and Windows Servers.
Confidential, Tempe, Arizona
Senior Server Engineer
Technical Scope: Hyper-V, VMware, SharePoint, SQL Server, Active Directory, Azure, AWS, IIS, Exchange, Citrix NetScaler, Microsoft System Center, SCOM, SCCM, SCVMM, Cisco UCS
- Steered the successful implementation of System Center (SCOM, SCCM & SCVMM)
- Served as subject matter expert for data center migrations and restructuring efforts
- Delivered high-availability and disaster recovery options for SQL server environment
- Led migration of in-office datacenter to a datacenter provider in Chandler, Arizona
- Played a key role in merging the technologies of two companies after acquisition
- Managed transition from Lotus Notes and MS Exchange to the Office365 platform