Confidential, Washington, DC
IT Support Specialist
- Provide technical assistance and support for issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware.
- Hands - on and remote desktop/peripheral maintenance, including hardware and software installation diagnostics, configuration and repair.
- Troubleshoot computer peripherals, telephony issues, and shared printers/copiers.
- Virus and malware remediation
- Personnel on-boarding and off-boarding tasks, including computer builds and account provisioning.
- Coordinate equipment service and repairs with third party vendors.
- Document procedures for IT and end-users.
- Multimedia/AV equipment set-up for meetings and conferences.
- Track ticketed requests through completion.
- Troubleshoot hardware, software, and mobile device issues.
- Install, troubleshoot, and maintain Microsoft Windows (7, 8, & 10) on end user devices.
- Install, troubleshoot, and maintain Microsoft Office (2010, Office 365) on end user devices.
- Point of Sale systems set-up.
- Proficient in knowledge of google apps (Gmail, google docs, google drive, google sites, Google sync).
- Asset management of equipment, parts, and supplies.
IT Support Specialist
- Provided IT Customer Support and Audio/Visual Services.
- Supported Executive Management and staff remotely and onsite, including the organization’s international locations.
- Maintained hardware and software for end-users, ensuring they received the latest updates.
- Created and edited SharePoint sites.
- Migration of users from Windows 7 and 8 to Windows 10 Pro operating system. Support and maintenance of Windows 10 Pro Operating system.
- Migration of users from Microsoft Office 2013 to Microsoft Office 365 software suite. Support and maintenance of Office 365 software suite.
- International and domestic travel providing audio-visual services for organization’s workshops, forums and Annual Meeting events. Services included digital recording, still photos, participant interviews and public address system support.
- Provided editing services for videos and webinars, culminating in the posting of productions to the organization’s
- Management and maintenance of organization’s YouTube channels.
- Troubleshooting and resolving computer issues.
Confidential, Washington, DC
IT Support Specialist Senior
- Provided technical onsite and remote support to Executive Management.
- Imaging, building and configuration of desktops and laptops. Migrating users from Windows XP to Windows 7 operating system. Migrating client data to new windows 7 computer. Completion of migration checklist. Post migration support including testing, monitoring, maintaining and troubleshooting employee workstation hardware, networked peripheral devices, and network hardware and software products. Computer wipes.
- Primary provider of IT Support for all hardware and software applications within the client environment. Provide end user and server support at the associated companies of McGraw-Hill’s Washington Confidential, Chicago, New York and Ohio offices using Remedy, SDM12 Global and Alliance 10 Ticketing Systems, with focus on client satisfaction, service delivery quality and technical excellence.
- Also, provided back-up support for Morgan Stanley and Confidential accounts.
- Proactive maintenance, documentation, and testing of client network environments through a combination of scheduled onsite and remote work using prescribed checklists. Create and manage accounts in Active Directory. Network and local print and scan support
- Mobile device support activation and support (Blackberry, iPhone, iPad and Android). RSA token, VPN and Remote access support.
- Smart hands support on server and network issues. Decommissioning and de-racking servers. Bi-weekly check of LAN room. Schedule replacement of hard drives and batteries in servers and Confidential devices.
- Bi-weekly Tech meetings with members of the Service Delivery Team to share knowledge and provide better customer service to the client. Service Level Agreement (SLA) Management
- Inventory, degaussing, disposal
- Lead large scale E-waste decommissioning and disposal project, which entailed collecting expired warranty equipment and peripherals on-site, transferring items to a centralized location, where they were documented, removed from inventory and scheduled for disposal according to procedure.
- Lead large-scale hard drive wipe and disposal project at client datacenter.
- In addition to performing regular duties, I processed 24,000 drives at a rate of 1,200 per week.
- Interviewed and hired new staff. Made recommendations for new hires at other sites.
- Trained on-site and off-site new hires in service desk and customer support policy and procedures.
Confidential, Arlington, VA
IT Technical Support
- Building and configuration of desktops and laptops. Migrating users from Windows XP to Windows 7 operating system. Migrating client data to new windows 7 computer. Completion of migration checklist. Post migration support including testing, monitoring, maintaining and troubleshooting employee workstation hardware, networked peripheral devices, and network hardware and software products. Computer wipes. Imaging of desktops and laptops.
- Administration consisting of managing user and computer accounts as well as creating accounts and software pushes.
- Provide day-to-day problem resolution to end-users regarding their PC hardware and software applications via ticketing systems (Infra Enterprise, Clarify, Remedy, SDM12 and Alliance 10) email, phone and other electronic media. Along with problem resolution for all other IT equipment onsite
- Managed North American hardware depot. Maintained onsite software and hardware inventory database, equipment checkout, and IT receipt of goods. Tracking of all incoming/outgoing inventory. Coordinating with office services for disposal of legacy equipment.
- Resolution of Service Desk requests. Desk side support consisting of identifying and analyzing problems, communicating explanation to non-technical user, communicating possible resolutions and recommendations to management and other technical staff via ticketing system. Effectively use available resources, both technical and personal to research and resolve issues. Follow-up phone call with user before officially closing ticket.
- Train new hire technical support staff in new and updated Policy and Procedures. Trained and mentored remote service desk technicians.
- Onboarding of new hire employees and contractors. Termination and off boarding of employees and contractors.
- Valuable input in testing and refining the build process. Would troubleshoot and provide data feedback to build team enabling them to tweak the Windows 7, 64-bit image when it kept failing. It was redistributed to the migration team, which reduced deployment completion time making rebuilds unnecessary. This saved valuable time allowing project completion ahead of scheduled deadlines.
- Maintenance of knowledge and expertise by learning new and evolving technologies and by obtaining appropriate industry and professional certifications.
Confidential, Jersey City, NJ, New York, NY
Technical Support Specialist/Build Engineer
- Provided technical onsite and remote support to executives such as CEO, Vice Presidents, Directors and upper management.
- Building and configuration of desktops and laptops. Migrating users from Windows XP to Windows 7 operating system. Migrating client data to new Windows 7 computer. Confidential Boot and “over the network” installation. Request and configure software application packages for end user. Post migration support including testing, monitoring, maintaining and troubleshooting employee workstation hardware, networked peripheral devices, and network hardware and software products. Computer wipes. Imaging of desktops and laptops.
- Install and configure IP softphones.
- Provide oral as well as written progress reports on project status during team meetings.