- I seek growth and skills advancement in Cloud, DevOps, and configuration management technologies.
- Passionate about continuous delivery, continuous integration and agile methodology.
- Experience deploying, developing, and QA/QE/testing large - scale web applications.
- Experience writing and executing black and grey box test suites.
- Able to interface effectively with internal and external customers, teams, and vendors.
- Experience with writing technical documentation
- Demonstrated ability to adapt in a fast-moving environment
- Demonstrated self-starter in a dynamic technical environment
- High-availability server environment.
- Work experience in Telecommunications, Defense, Banking, Medical, and Video Game industries
Dev Ops/Source Control: Ansible, Git, Bitbucket/Stash, Perforce, CVS, SSH, Remedy, Confluence, Jira, Redmine, MediaWiki
OS: Ubuntu, SUSE, Red Hat Linux, Fedora, Mac OS X, Windows Server, Sun Solaris
Connectors/Protocols: Active Directory/LDAP, REST APIs, SOAP, WSDL, JSON, SNMP
Monitoring: Monit, HPBSM/OMI
DB: MySQL, Oracle, MSSQL Server, Access, SQLite
IDE/Apps/Tools: Eclipse, Atom, HP Quality Center, WebEx, Postman, VagrantLANrev, VisioWireless Truecall, ECDS, PCMD
In progress: Ruby on Rails, OpenStack, Python, REST API, NIFI (framework to create template data flow, easier to instantiate flow)
Technician / Sr. Technician
Confidential, Walnut Creek, CA
- Created, configured and supported Git-Stash repositories for Verizon Confidential workgroup for several projects to manage application, documentation, source code, and configuration files. Created and shared a Confidential -wide Ansible git-stash playbook repository.
- Designed and shared Ansible playbooks for large scale application deployment, configuration, and management for Truecall, Truecall LTE Geolocation, Truecall PLP, Real Time Tool, and Monit. First to advocate the use of Ansible in Confidential . Successfully persuaded Verizon Confidential system administrators to attend AnsibleFest 2017 San Francisco in order to grow adoption of Ansible.
- For Systems Performance and Confidential Engineering groups, support all regions, partners, and cross functional groups. Maintain and manage platform suitability, migrations Technical lead and liaison for vendor and in-house developed tools.
- Provided systems procurement, application support, operations, monitoring, and DevOps for Network Support Systems group. Managed over 700 servers. Managed, maintained and trouble shoot multiple data streams across 10 applications. Managed and supported multiple applications with over 1400 users.
- Collaborate with external work groups and others to resolve all production issues and provide technical support for SMS across all regions: ITSC, Confidential Help Desk, Switch Ops, Billing, Revenue Assurance, Voice NOC, and Data NOC, NRB, Maintenance Engineering, Network Planning, IAN Project Management, and Technology Development Deployment.
- Actively participate in network change control procedures and in an on-call rotation schedule
Applications Support Analyst
Confidential, Walnut Creek, CA
- Currently provide operations support to Confidential Applications Optimization Tools Group.
- Embraced frequent changes to the Confidential infrastructure for LTE, EVDO, 1X switches and other networking elements.
- Applied and maintained application configuration updates to Zite Optimization Suite, Call Mapper, and Neighbor List Tool.
- Actively manage nationwide configuration for the areas, regions, and markets supported by Zite Optimization Suite and Neighbor List Tool. Assure that configuration matched enterprise configurations of LTE, EVDO, and 1X network elements and switches for all vendors.
- Primary nationwide support point of contact for Zite Optimization Suite application.
- Responsible for timely reception, analysis, and resolution of all problem reports, questions, and suggestions submitted to Zite Optimization Suite user ticket queue.
- Capture verbose details and feedback from user community for development feedback. Identify trends in user submitted issues.
- Regularly open dialogs between development, quality assurance, other functional teams and end users to improve tool functionality and relevance.
- Authored technical requirements for Zite web market configuration tool.
- Authored technical requirements for new Zite installers for Win7 (32 bit and 64 bit) with enhanced Microsoft SQL Server detection.
- Provided application walkthroughs and orientations for end users other functional groups such as the Technical Training Workforce Development group (VZLearn).
- Provided troubleshooting and resolution for end-user installation issues. Provided compatibility feedback to other functional groups such as EDN. Recommended new specifications to improve Zite Optimization Suite compatibility and operability.
- Regularly provide support pre and post Zite Optimization Suite deployments. Develop content and structure for application assets including application release notes, RF engineer documentation, and application downloads.
- Coded UNIX shell scripts for automation for rapid application configuration management, application deployment, user issue troubleshooting, and usage statistics gathering.
- Facilitated SSAT migration to Oracle 11g. Tested application for full functionality and minimized application downtime.
- Provided additional support for Call Mapper and Neighbor List Tool, Datapro, and DPDM applications.
- Traced dataflow issues on UNIX Call Mapper servers to identify issues relating to LTE/EVDO/1x data acquisition.
- Provided timely updates to nationwide Call Mapper configuration webpage. Migrated IP address usage in downstream configuration to hostname usage. Refactored page to employ an XSL translation for quick updates to quickly update technology (LTE, EVDO, 1X), Vendors (Motorola, ALU, Nortel, and Ericsson), hostnames, and market location details.
- Interface regularly with other Confidential Tools support contacts, RF engineers, developers, quality assurance testers, and switch technicians. Regularly cross-reference other tools, including Geoplan, Performance Tools (ALPT, ELPT, NPT, MPT), and RTT to diagnose, analyze, and learn to resolve issues.
- Support PASSMASS rotation program for ALU. Refactored application to add support for rotating MME network elements. Currently I am the point of contact for the nationwide automated ALU OMP, MME and SAM password rotations.
Sr. Systems Engineer
Confidential, Moffett Field, CA
- Installed and configured deployment servers (Mac OS X Server, SUSE Linux) to configure and patch Mac, Windows, and UNIX client systems.
- Wrote database queries to report and validate enterprise assets and user identities. Joined multiple sources of data such as DNS and user records, Application servers, and Asset management databases.
- Wrote test matrices to measure quality and fit in pre-deployment and post-deployment phases.
- Documented and enforced standard operating procedures for internal and external facing services. Designed OS X Server web and file sharing services to share applications and installers with external and internal workgroups.
- Supported Iron Mountain Connected Backup services and server backend for Mac and PC.
- Facilitated agency and enterprise change initiatives. Gathered customer requirements, identified enterprise resources, and implemented project plans, and provided status reports.
Systems Engineer and Configuration Analyst
Confidential, Moffett Field, CA
- Administered and maintained over 600 OS X workstations for Confidential Ames Research Center.
- Configure Active Directory users and groups.
- Provided server administration and support for Mac OS, PC and Linux users. Deployed and remotely installed software via LANrev and via command-line (SSH). Wrote scripts in shell, Perl and VB, using SQL, to mass deploy and configure clients.
- Wrote PERL scripts to pull data from Provance, DNS, and other external databases via ODBC/SQL to generate reports and analyze metrics and trends.
- Reverse engineered, refactored, and added functionality to legacy reporting web server pages. Reported findings and provided status updates in enterprise, deployment, and build development meetings.
- Troubleshoot and diagnosed Tivoli Backup Manager client and server issues.
- Created packages in Apple Package Maker.
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
- Provided functional and defect testing and validation for intranet web applications (black-box and grey-box).
- Wrote and executed test cases for validating specifications and implementation.
- Conducted analysis of data conditions which are required to test functionality and performance. Regression testing of new web middleware builds. Generated XML messages from WSDLs using Mindreef Soapscope to test SOAP service builds. In Mercury Quality Center, executed Solstice Integra test cases to analyze and compare XML responses with the expected responses.
- Research data and environmental conditions to identify and eliminate factors causing unexpected results. Validated data integrity defects in web applications through SQL queries and DB schemas. Determine whether defects are a problem with the code or an inaccuracy in specification. Track defects through to resolution. Retest code fixes or reconditioned data to verify specification changes.
- Supported development automation by performing ad hoc requests for extracting data, trends, needed to maintain and enhance regression test bed.
- Participated in daily build deployments and reported findings at defect meetings.
Clinical Applications Analyst
Confidential, Palo Alto, CA
- Provide support for patient care applications at Stanford Medical Center.
- Perform production and implementation support activities for several clinical applications.
- Provided support for application migration activities, upcoming go live projects, and post-migration enhancement support. Serve as a liaison between IT groups and clinical groups.
- Provided on-call support and ticket resolution for SMS, Carecast, PICIS, Carevue, and Maxsys.
Radiology Staff Volunteer and Staff Aide
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
- Provided support for patients and patient care computer applications.
- Explored IT opportunities in Radiology and Healthcare.
- Sought and obtained exposure to Computerized Medical Records applications.
- Acquired exposure to HL7 and DICOM data exchange formats between medical devices and IT systems.