Desktop Field Support Technician, Auburn Hills, Michigan
- Selected and re - positioned at Confidential maintaining high level customer satisfaction by clarifying all Information Technology customer needs and ensuring that they were met.
- The sole Information Technology technician to provide all Information Technology support to Confidential users daily.
- Handled successfully all customer information technology problems promptly and appropriately.
- Provided direct systems technical support to end users.
- Solved technical problems on all assigned hardware and software platforms.
- Used proactive monitoring procedures and tools to identify problem prevention opportunities.
- Maintained and ensured that all information technology equipment consisting of servers, laptops, IP phones, conference room equipment (video and phone conferencing systems), projector systems and interactive Confidential throughout a state of the art high tech 21st Century building was operational daily.
- Imaged and re-imaged both new and old laptops.
- Responsible for resolving computer challenges for end users.
- Assigned break-fix help desk tickets ensuring users were able to compute daily.
- Provided technical support on HP and Dell systems.
Desktop Field Support Technician, Saginaw, Michigan
- Provided information technology desktop support to Confidential facilities.
- Imaged and re -imaged both new and old laptops and desktops.
- Responsible for resolving computer challenges for Confidential employees.
- Assigned break-fix help desk tickets to Plants 1, 3, 6, 7 along with Building 300 ensuring Confidential computer users were able to compute daily.
- Provided technical support on HP and Dell systems.
- One of seven Confidential desktop support technicians that supported and serviced all Saginaw locations.
Field Services PC Tech and Help Desk Support Tech, Lansing, Michigan
- Front Line Field Services PC Technician and Help Desk Support Technician performing a wide range of professional assignments serving as a technical expert, providing problem diagnosis, implementing, administering, supporting and maintaining computer hardware, software and network products.
- Providing on-site or remote access diagnosis and resolution of computer hardware and software problems using a highly integrated and specialized set of diagnostic tools with elevated privileges.
- Solving technical issues with hardware and software for users using Windows XP and Windows 7 machines. Migrating over 50,000 XP machines to Windows 7 machines. Assisting Field Services team leads with PC deployments and Windows 7 follow- ups.
- Manually and remotely installing software packages, peripheral drivers, and assisting users with post Windows 7 migration challenges. Assigned tickets and tasks using BMC Remedy IT Service Management System. Work with such tools as SCCM Remote Control Software, Windows Remote Desktop, SMS Client Spy Simple, Active Directory (AD) Users and Computers, Integrated Asset Management Solution (ITAM), and Research Analysis Deployment and Reporting (RADAR) database.
- Working the help desk for the Client Service Center providing front-line technical support. Logging, tracking, and monitoring help desk requests received from clients. Monitoring open Remedy cases for resolution within established timeframes and escalate to appropriate parties when necessary. Performing initial diagnosis and determine if escalation is necessary.
- Installing and maintaining both hardware and software, serving as a troubleshooter in the implementation and use of workstations and associated software and hardware. Documenting all technical information regarding the resolution of technical issues and challenges in the Remedy system using established guidelines and procedures.
Information Technology Technician, Tampa, Florida
- Volunteered computing expertise’s to Confidential with over 6,000 members improving computing environment.
- Organized, cleaned, and rearranged several desktops systems.
- Ensured computer systems including several hand held touch pads with label printers and scanners were operational for the Confidential Eve services.
- At Father & Son Love Ministries assisted in setting up and tearing down all video, audio and computer equipment ensuring the church was prepared for services.
- Designed and created business cards for all three pastors.
Help Desk Support Analyst, Tampa, Florida
- Supporting corporate and regional offices’ desktops, laptops, hand-held’s and phone support for approximately 600 .
- Company-wide major upgrade and merge to Confidential machines including upgrading from Windows XP to Windows 7 operating systems.
- Troubleshooting Windows XP and Windows 7 operating systems.
- Assisted users with Microsoft Office productivity suite and other business approved software including hardware and networking challenges remotely. Troubleshooting desktops, laptops, and cell phones. Working level one and two support tickets.
Help Desk Coordinator, Tampa, Florida
- Help desk coordinator providing end users support to 2,900 users on a variety of information technology challenges. Organization consists of 788 clients with an average of 575 connected clients during peak hours at 8 glass factories nationwide and Tampa headquarters along with several warehouses requiring 24/7 support.
- Received, prioritized, documented, and resolved end users requests. Performed fixes at the desk-top level which includes installing and upgrading software, removing and replacing hardware, configuring systems and applications.
- Troubleshoot and resolved virus, ad-ware, and spy-ware issues.
- Downloaded and installed software updates, drivers, and researched the Internet to aid in solving computer hardware and software challenges.
- Created and managed computer images.
- Preformed password resets in Active Directory, Active Roles Server Console, AS400, and other proprietary software systems.
- High profile daily upload of company data to a customer’s Confidential site.
- Using active directory created user accounts, distribution lists and email and security groups, service accounts and shared network resources.
- Terminated network users.
- Rotating every other week emergency on call help desk coverage 24/7 using cell phone software along with an office laptop ensuring factories and warehouses nationwide stayed operational and computing 24/7. Performed duties of the help desk supervisor when supervisor was out of the office for appointments and vacations.
Project Manager and Help Desk Computer Support Specialist, Tampa, Florida
- Project installing and configuring nationwide one hundred handheld scanners and equipment as the project manager.
- Project included both hardware and software challenges between users, contractors and company personnel.
- Support specialist completing a major nationwide laptop and desktop conversion project.
- Project included imaging new and used systems for end users.
- Joined systems to a domain, created initial profiles, applied client firewall policy and configured email.
- Launched and activated hardware and software programs.
- Applied asset management tags and documented serial numbers in spreadsheets for inventory control.
- Troubleshoot software, hardware, and networking challenges.