Highly skilled in installing, repairing, maintenance and troubleshooting computer hardware and peripherals. Works well independently, or in a group settling providing all facets of computer support. Working knowledge of network devices and printers. Knowledge and understanding of numerous software packages and operating systems. Proven ability to manage multiple troubleshooting tasks simultaneously while maintaining the quality of results. Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
Security Management Active Directory: Windows Server 2008R2/2012 - Microsoft Exchange - Ports, Protocols and TCP/IP- SharePoint 2010- Windows 7/8/10 MS Office 2010/2013 - IE 8/9/10 Google Chrome - Firefox - Bomgar Remedy - Windows Operating Systems Migration - Networking - Project Management - Vendor Management Remedy - Office 365 SCCM Spice works Cabling Switches
Tier 1 service desk technician
- Possess understanding of Microsoft operating systems.
- Have knowledge of commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) applications (such as Adobe Acrobat and the Microsoft Office suite), and networking.
- Ensure that tickets are submitted as soon as the contact is received and capture all the required customer and issue information outlined in the service desk SOP.
- Follow prescribed scripts for communicating with a customer during the call. Notify the customer of the steps that will be followed to troubleshoot the reported problem and, if possible, provide an approximate timeframe for problem resolution.
- Utilize the knowledge base to assist callers with issue resolution.
- Escalate, as appropriate, incidents or requests to Tier 1.5, the SD lead/manager, or higher tiers for resolution.
- Perform a warm transfer, wherever possible, of support incidents to the higher support tiers.
Tier 1 Support
- Install software, modify and repair hardware and resolve technical issues
- Provide base level IT support to 300 end user
- Display courtesy and strong interpersonal skills with all customer interactions
- Develop quick reference guides to assist end-user with challenging software application features
- Manage windows working stations including desktop, laptop and tablets
- Ensure remedy and spice work tickets are resolved or escalated
- Apply solutions by restoring broken or intermittent connections, adjusting software configuration install patches
- PC refresh and migration windows 7/8.1 and 10
- Process incidents/request in a high pressure, time sensitive environment via phone, email, instant messaging and desk side
- Provide initial trouble shooting of problems including root cause analysis for desktop, laptop and printers (local/network)
- Perform Active Directory task including account creation, password reset and granting access to drives, folders and files in accordance to security guidelines
- Create and manage network accounts to include granting access to secure file shares
- Manage Windows 7/8/10 workstations
- Troubleshoot Wi-Fi and Ethernet networking issues