- To obtain full time employment in an area where Technical skills can be utilized in an organization that promotes professional advancement and personal growth.
- Challenging position where excellent customer service, communication can also be utilized.
- IT Specialist/Analyst with over 15 years experience in technology.
- Well respected and recognized as the “project person” who can get it done in the least amount of time and effort, with 100% correctness to immediate usage
- Experienced systems and network administrator within Government and Private Organizations.
- Capable of total development and or management of server networks and Desktop.
- 20 years of Desktop Technician and server networks experience and skilled in the latest web development technology with excellent interpersonal and communications skill. Developed and implemented long - term IT solutions that integrated the demands of complex business processes into streamlines networks that were stable, secure, and supported. Broad knowledge of current technologies and future trends.
- Ability to communicate effectively and establish excellent rapport with people at all levels, handle all aspects of customer inquires and complaints.
- Personal Attributes: Very accurate and detail oriented individual with excellent communication skills; work well independently and as a contributing team member. Also possess analytical and problem solving skills
HIGH LIGHTS OF SKILLS:
- Windows 3.x, 95, 98, NT, 2000, XP, Vista &Windows 7 PC repairs and upgrade
- MAC OS X Diagnose and troubleshoot Hardware and Software
- Networking Hardware Configure windows systems
- PC Installation & Configuration Safety and Preventive Maintenance
- MS-Office 2003,2010, MS-Exchange & Lotus Notes
- TCP/ IP Communications DNS Configuration T1, Frame Relay Networks, ISDN, BRI/PRI
- VBScript, WMI and ADSL. CISCO Routers and Switching
- Altiris, Zen image, BigFix & Acronis - OS Imaging
Manager IT Support
- Maintain day-to-day administration of the System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) and Big Fix, SCCM, GPOs, Microsoft Deployment Configure and deploy packaged applications in SCCM
- Distribute monthly Microsoft patches via SCCM and Big Fix ensuring all workstations OS patching & AV signatures are up to date
- Collaborate multiple projects and teams to meet project milestones, schedules, and scope in alliance with best practices.
- Provide technical guidance, and training to team members
- Analyze effects of planned equipment changes and new (or changes to existing) applications systems upon the Data Center operation. Performs environmental, physical hardware, physical security and capacity planning impact studies, and make recommendations.
- Supervised a staff of 16 Desktop Support professionals.
- Manage customer relations and expectations and exceeding established service level agreements.
- Manage Physical Support for Data Center Operations resulting in an overall outage percentage of .05% monthly supporting.
- Resolved 98% of assigned work orders on first call.
- Provide desk side and remote support for end user problems
- Managed a help desk team that provided Tier 1, Tier 2 and assisted managing Tier 3 support to 20 offices and 3200 employees and customer satisfaction with remote location.
- Provided management of technical support on endpoint management, WAN/LAN and telecommunications.
- Highly effective and results-proven professional with extensive experience building and managing teams that support voice and data networks for global organizations.
- Partnered with office manager to ensure high performing technical operations and functionality was aligned with business unit goals.
- Strong qualifications in relationship management, customer relationship, leadership, quality assurance, strategic planning, budget administration and vendor management.
Confidential, Gaithersburg, Maryland
Senior IT Specialist
- Reconfigure SCCM 2012 sites and Re-Installed SCCM site via remote
- Responsible for SCCM/ Acronis Snap Deploy4 installation and Windows 7 Desktop rollout
- Responsible deployment strategy and rollout planning for Windows 7 migration
- Created SAMANAGE /Footprints asset tracking for deployment
- Revamped security across entire domain and re-wrote and consolidated logon scripts.
- Standardized desktop configuration and began having users store data on their personal network share for backup.
- Implemented EFS (Encrypting File System) for users identified as having extremely sensitive data.
- Performed network discovery and wrote reports for high-level management presentations for their approval.
- Installed and configured Acronis Snap Deploy4 on multiple servers trained current administrators how to use the product.
- Implemented and rolled out an enterprise-wide multi-tier anti-virus system. (Trend Micro)
- Documented all details of entire project. Wrote automated installation packages that were pushed out across the network with GPO. IE 9.0, Adobe Acrobat, Skype, Cisco VPN client are examples of the packages created
- Participates in the development and implementation of network-related procedures and standards.
- Participates in and lead aspects of major network installations and upgrades.
- Interfaces with vendors to ensure appropriate resolution during network outages or periods of reduced performance.
- Developed and implemented testing strategies and document results.
- Provides advice and training to end - users.
- Troubleshoots and resolves complex problems.
- Provide work leadership to less-experienced network personnel.
- Maintained current knowledge of relevant hardware and software applications as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Provided strategic direction, calling upon corporate resources to enhance the quality of service delivery. Proposes innovative solutions and directs a staff of technology professionals.
- Virtual server administration in Hyper-V & VMware ESXi 5.1 environment
- Configured and administered of Fortigate firewall
- Configured and administered of Barracuda spam filter & firewall
- Administered of Exchange 2010
- Network and Server Design
- Administered of Windows2008 R2 Active Directory & Group Policy
- Monitor Network devices using Traverse and SolarWinds
- Administered of CISCO router switches & Dell switches
- Administered of SharePoint 2010 & TrendMicro
- Administered of Symantec Backup exec 2013, SCM & Acronis backup
- Administration of SQL 2005/2008
- Administrator of Distribution File Service & WSUS
- ITIL v3 certified
Confidential, Rockville, Maryland
IT Support Specialist
- Supports over 950 end users in resolving workstation, application/software and hardware issues.
- Web Help ticketing application to respond and document end user problems
- ZEN works Desktop Management Application for remote desktop management
- Novel directory management using Netware Administrator and Console one
- Lotus Notes user account management and administration
- ZEN works imaging application for workstations and servers
- Shortel VoIP phone setup and configuration
- Installing and configuring NDPS network printers, IPRINT. DHCP, DNS and Gateway configuration
- Help Users with Vital Security Encryption programs like PGP Administer
- Administered the PGP Universal Server and its security configuration from inside and outside Network
- Configured and Maintained Windows 2008 Servers and Terminal Servers install and modify personal computers and Macintosh hardware and software installing equipment, performing diagnostic checks, network analysis, documentation, and end - user training
- Provide support network and system configuration problems of Mac/PC interoperability on Novell and NT/2003/2008 networks installing software on network and stand-alone Desktop PCs/laptops, Blackberry
- Provide support Server OS X, Mac OS X, Win XP, 2000\2003 \Vista Manage the set up of new PC, Backup, recover Lotus Notes Mailboxes from backup tapes
- Conduct restores utilizing Terminal Services\ Secure Access SSL VPN to remote control into contingency servers in different remote locations.
- Firmware upgrades for Dell PowerEdge Servers on Windows 2003 Servers
- Installing configuring and maintaining Acronis True Image Enterprise Server for backup and Recovery
- Installing configuring and maintaining Windows 2003 Server, Group Policy, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, WINS.
- Installing configuring and maintaining RAID, Server Clustering.
- Installing configuring and maintaining Trend Micro virus and spam protection
- Crafted a scheduled VB script to transfer data and send automated notifications in the event of errors or inconsistencies.
- Provide support and installing/troubleshooting ShoreTel VoIP system and currently administrating ShoreTel VoIP system.
- Performed moves, adds, and changes of user accounts for the network.
- Performed, documented and monitored backup procedures for all file servers.
- Set up and maintained the security and network printers for the network-computing environment
- Citrix Terminal Servers, deployment and administration
- Critical Updates, Service Packs and Security Update testing, deployment and management and deployment using BigFix
Desktop Engineer Support
- Support and troubleshoot of desktop hardware, software, network, VPN, operating system issues
- Provide system maintenance and support for systems related to the collaborative program. Ensures that documentation standards and procedures for operations are in place and are updated.
- Provide day - to-day technical support to users for limited network and telecom infrastructure and for desktop systems software and hardware. Installs, configures and troubleshoots desktop systems and Terminal Servers issues in a primarily Microsoft environment (MS Windows 2000, XP, MS Office and MS Outlook).
- Documented the problem and Deployed SMS 2003 primary server sites and clients to 700 systems across North America. Expert level troubleshooting of complex networks: Windows 2003 core networking, DNS, DHCP, TCP, Use and application of appropriate troubleshooting tools such as Windows 2003 Resource Kit utilities, diagnostic tools, custom scripts, etc. Use of Network monitors, packet sniffers to monitor, diagnose, analyze, optimize router / switch TCP/IP and other related protocols.
- Responsible for supporting various pilot projects which include systems engineering, voice recognition, wireless projection systems, smart conference room upgrades, video teleconferences, meeting - notes, collaboration software and producing Windows based hardware/software for the Government clients.
- Recommends hardware and software solutions, including new acquisition and upgrades
- Conduct training programs designed to educate Confidential CSR Grant reviewers about Adobe Connect and about Video Enhancing Discussion.
- Works on problems of limited scope. Interacts daily with Managers, peer groups, and customers. Interaction normally involves exchange or presentation of factual information.
- Resolution with the Remedy ticketing system.
- Assisted Application packaging, Virtualization and Deployment
Sr Systems Analyst
- Responsible for the operation, maintenance, and control of server systems running Windows Server 2003 and Active Directory, Win Terminals and Terminal Servers
- Responsible for data backup, migration and restoration of user data.
- Responsible for software inventory and testing.
- Upgraded desktops systems from Windows 95/98/2000 to Windows XP Professional.
- System imaging done with Symantec Ghost and Altris.
- Configuration of email clients using Outlook and Lotus Notes. Script routines for automation of data backup, restore and printer installation
- Assisted Customer Service with solving application problems, creating and maintaining user system & email accounts, running Seibel trouble tickets dispatched by the help desk, installing/configuring client workstations and printers, setting up remote sites using RAS.
- Installs and debugs software on server and client platforms including operating systems, Oracle, PeopleSoft and Valley Oak Systems(VOS)
- Systems Management Server (SMS) 2003 PROGNOSIS Packaged Service Development
- Lead technical efforts in relationship building with strategic partners
- Designed automatic imaging process for desktops and servers using Altiris Deployment Server
- Monitoring entire Mainframe for production and Development.
- Reset passwords for the users on the mainframe and the active Directory.
- Troubleshoot all problems that occurred due to access on the Hitachi and Unisys systems.
- Provide End User Support in Microsoft exchange and Windows XP Environment.
- Performs day - to-day client account management, adding, deleting, and modifying user accounts.
- Manages multiple servers, workstations, and X terminals ensuring proper integration of these components with existing organization computer systems.
MIGRATION SPECIALIST/SYSTEM ENGINEER
- Assist in the analyses of network applications, application servers and client requirements. These include but are not limited to MS Exchange Services, Internet Information Server, Software Management Server, and Citrix Mainframe
- .Performs day - to-day client account management, adding, deleting, and modifying user accounts and Ms Exchange user mailboxes.
- Assists in the maintenance of network applications, application servers and client architecture and infrastructure
- Serves as a team member conducting network applications and client surveys, and/or planning and implementing specific assignments that comprise part of an overall Ms Exchange Migration plan and the imaging of new systems.
- Coordinate with team members and with subject matter specialists to resolve basic compatibility issues concerning other related that may impact on the plans and recommendations of the team.
- Evaluate the efficiency of the network operations, and make recommendations involving equipment and system efficiency need for replacement, and adequacy of services for classified and unclassified systems
- Coordinate the various phases for installing, testing, maintaining, and upgrading network systems hardware and software
- Provide users and management with advisory and technical guidance and recommendations to improve network operations, functionality, control, and overall support
- Maintain proficiency with routers, switches, and other communications devices and systems such as management software packages, virtual private networks, classified communications, DSL Services, wireless services, circuits, voice networks and other division projects. Submit Bi-Weekly activity reports
- Prepare documentation for processes and procedures for accomplishing functional responsibilities
- Perform daily data network analyzes using available software and equipment
- Prepare reports of findings
- Create an Image of Windows XP Professional and perform back up of all production Servers and Workstations.
FIELD Technician/System Administrator
- Configured Ghost cast server LAN with 100 Base T Hub for imaging and configuration of Laptop and Desktop PC s. And Servers.
- Refresh Laptop and Desktop CPU s from NT 4.0 with a Windows XP image (Common Operating Environment).
- Backed up and archived Customers data from old computer to the Customers personal network folder.
- Installed imaged Laptop/Desktop at the Customers workstation and downloaded Customers data back to the new PC.
- Developed efficient methods of planning and resolving IT assignments and projects.
- Advised Contractors and IRS employees of the standards, policies and guidelines of the IRS network and Internet usage.
- Resolved connectivity issues dealing with Hubs, NIC s and installed network fixes and upgrades.
- Configured Microsoft Outlook by exporting and importing Customers personal Address book and Archive files and folders.
- Configured TCP IP / LPR printers on workstations.
- Diagnosed and resolved PC hardware and software problems by the customers desk - side and via telephone.
- Documented the problem and resolution with the ITAMS (service center) ticketing system.
Confidential, SILVER SPRING,MD
- Create an Image of Windows 2000 Professional and Perform back up of all production Servers and Workstations.
- Troubleshooting of software and hardware issues ranging from code bugs to faulty management module cards.
- Administration of Windows NT servers providing PDC/BDC, web, print, and file services.
- Installed 200 - node high-speed LAN/WAN network
- Installed and maintained real-time virus scanning on all parts of the network.
- Upgraded 10Mb shared desktop access to switched 10Mb network.
- Upgraded all network servers hardware and network operating systems