- Used accounting and reporting software - McKesson, Quick Books, Peachtree, Oracle AR, AP modules, Great Plains, Hyperion reporting tools and SunGard investment and InvestOne Accounting system, Datapath reporting tool.
- Advanced excel - comfortably using V lookup, H lookup, Pivot tables etc. and some macro writing
- For Tax preparation: OneSource compliance and Provision and Lacert, and Corp Tax, BNA, CCH
Sr. Tax Analyst
- Tax Provision Skills: Assist Tax Director in timely and accurate preparation and review of the company’s quarterly and annual domestic and international income tax provision, including analysis and support. ASC 740.
- Tax Compliance Skills: Manage and coordinate income tax compliance for U.S. federal and state returns.
- Evaluate proposed and enacted U.S. and state tax law changes.
- Ensure the timely and complete filing of all required tax compliance including BEPS (early adopting in USA)
- Tax Planning: Support VP in development and implementation of tax planning including M&A.
- Assist VP for presentation of competition analysis comparing major players in the industry with the company’s tax positions.
- Preparing projected cash flow of tax in various jurisdictions to plan cash availability in timely manner.
- International Taxation: Responsible for Country by Country filing as per BEPS action 13.
- Perform technical tax research on various Federal, state and local and international tax matters using CCH, and BNA.
- Process Improvement Skills: Using advanced excel skills automated bad debt calculation for 23 acute care facilities, saving 8 - 10 hours every quarter.
- Introduced new methods using Alteryx data tool to consolidate ledgers and prepare one proforma return instead of 10 separate federal proformas.
Confidential, Berwyn, PA
Tax Provision Associate
- Assist Tax Director in timely and accurate preparation and review of the company’s quarterly and annual domestic and international income tax provision, including analysis and support. ASC 740.
- Coordinate with international financial controllers to gather tax packages from them and review their input in tax software, arrange conference calls to discuss main tax adjustments, research international tax issues for GAAP compliance. Mainly dealing with UK Canada, Poland and other European countries.
- Prepare Fin18 / FAS109 calculations and make journal entries to be posted in Hyperion.
- Update Goodwill and software amortization schedule on a monthly basis and book monthly journal entries in Great Plains.
- Update tax analysis workbooks on APB23 assertions, and prepare payable and deferred proof files for auditors. Prepare detailed tax accounts reconciliations for US accounts.
- Successfully tested and implemented OneSource interim tax provision module saving company lots of manpower and rendering cost efficiency.
- Assist with special projects, as required - Participated in a focus group panel to provide feed-back on newly reorganized structure of the company. The focus Group reports to the new CEO of the company and provides him with insight of the company.
Confidential, Oaks, PA
Senior Associate/ Tax Manager
- Participate in new fund launching meetings to answer any tax issues or concerns from clients. Filing SS-4EIN application and W-9s on behalf of clients. Coordinate with fund accounting and relationship management team to ensure the launch of new funds is smooth and in compliance with regulatory guidelines.
- Preparation and delivery of tax provisions get them audited and provide tax information for SEC reporting.
- Preparing and filing extensions and tax returns for clients in timely manner. Includes Federal, multi-state, personal property and Franchise tax returns for various clients. States include NY, MD, DE, and CA.
- Advise clients for distribution to be paid out on quarterly or annually, based on funds policies.
- Review and submit the Fin 48 work papers on tax positions, Prepare fin 48 documentation for foreign capital gain exposure. Research tax codes for foreign countries and make sure the tax is accrued in accounting for the countries where applicable.
- Review foreign holdings at year end and evaluate foreign tax credit rules for international funds, Calculate foreign tax credits to be passed to the shareholders, Report the Foreign tax credit on financial statements
- File form 1118 using One Source with details of foreign countries gross income and tax withheld.
- Filing TDF-90 FBAR forms for clients holding bank or financial accounts in foreign countries.
Senior Tax Analyst
- Coordinate with accounting dept. and auditors, gather information and prepare tax work papers
- Review monthly dividend distribution estimates for mutual funds
- Prepare and Review audit procedures for Asset Diversification Test
- Train interns to understand the taxation of Regulated Investment Companies (RICs) and Partnership
- Prepare tax provision for major Clients, involving computation of net taxable income after calculating Complex M-1 adjustments like wash sales, section 1256 gains/losses, section 988 currency MTM, Swaps categories, real estate income, return of capital adjustments, income from partnerships, adjustments for income from passive foreign investment companies, calculation of unrealized appreciation and depreciation on investment securities through running port valuation and other reports using Datapath and Investment Accounting System (IAS)
- Advise client on dividend distributions to be made for the current tax year and distributions elected to be made under section 855(a)
- Prepared tax provisions forms 1118 for International funds, with adjustments of foreign tax credits
- Complete federal and State tax returns forms 1120,5452 and 1065 Partnership funds
- Assist in preparing tax returns for those funds that elected to change their identity from corporate feeder into partnership feeder under IRC section 8832
- Review Fin 48 tax work-papers prepared for the client
- Set up company accounts for our new clients in QuickBooks. Enter transactions and prepare ledger accounts. Make final closing entries and adjusting entries, prepare Financial statements of income and expense account, Balance sheet and cash flow statements
- Maintaining books of accounts for our existing clients, verify the financial information provided by them, and request the missing financial information from the client or their financial advisors, preparing their Financial Statements of Income and expense statements, Balance- sheet, and cash flow statements and then preparing their tax returns
- Perform Reconciliations
- Reporting fixed asset’s sale or purchase, verifying the contract document related to the asset, recognizing the amount of gain or loss on sale, and preparing fixed asset depreciation schedule
- Preparing multi-state partnership tax returns and preparing schedules of capital account reconciliation. Generating K1 schedule for partners and including K1 income on their personal tax return
- Preparing S corp. tax returns
- Preparing trusts tax returns
- Analyzing the prepared tax returns and advising clients for their estimated tax payments
- Advising clients on tax issues to recognize (a) amount the of taxes payable or refundable for the current year and (b) deferred tax liabilities and assets for the future tax consequences of events that have been recognized in an enterprise's financial statements or tax returns as per FAS 109.