A logical and enterprise IT professional, with 15 + years of combined Confidential IT management, people leadership and hands - on technical experience. Creative and results-oriented, with a solid track record of leadership, IT model strategy and governance, applying automated innovative systems, and designs to drive communications, simplify the organization, and improve operational excellence and processes. An efficient and observant leader, with a comprehension of complete business systems and technology modernization, IT transformation, advancements and growth.
- People Leadership
- IT Strategy
- Project Management
- IT Operations Management
- IT Governance and LOB (Line of Business) Management
- RCA - Root Cause Analysis
- PowerShell Application Deployment Toolkit
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003 and 2008 R2
- SCCM 2007, 2012 SP1 CU5
- SCCM 2012 R2 for Windows 8.1 Update 1 deployments
- WDS, PXE, MDT, KACE 2000 and SQL Servers
- SCCM CAS, Primary Sites, Distribution points, Hierarchy, Boundaries, Management Points & SUP
- MDT Link deployment shares and MDT database management
- WSUS and SCCM Software Update Points (SUP)
- System Center 2012 Endpoint Protection
- MDOP - Microsoft App-V Sp2 CU5 (Applications Virtualization) and Med-V
- Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, GPO, RDS and Windows Server Backup
- Citrix XenServer and XenDesktop (OOB - Out of the Box)
- VTiger 5.4 & 6.0 CRM Design and Implementation
- Windows XP SP3
- Windows 7x86 and Windows 7x64
- Windows Vista
- Windows 8.1 Update 1
- Windows 10
- SCCM, Microsoft Deployment Toolkit 2010 Update 1, 2012 & 2013 Image Customization and VDI Image creation.
- SCCM MDT Task Sequence, Custom Settings, Bootstrap and GPO packs automation
- Applications Compatibility, Functionality, Pilot testing and Package Deployment to Production
- Microsoft WAIK (Windows Automated Installation Toolkit)
- Microsoft ADK ( Windows Assessment Deployment Kit for Windows 8.1)
- SysInternals Suites utilization e.g. PSEXEC, ProcMon and NetMon
- Image X, DISM, Driver Management, WinPE, SysPrep and USMT (User Migration Tool) Scan State and Load State
- Microsoft Deployment Optimization Pack (MDOP)
- Microsoft APP-V Sequencing & SCCM integration, Microsoft Bitlocker, Med-V and MS Dart
- Microsoft OCT (Office 2007, 2010 and 2013 Office Customization Tool)
- Microsoft Office 365 and Microsoft ODT Click-to-Run customization
- Microsoft Endpoint Protection, McAfee Endpoint Protection, Malwarebytes
- CodePlex PowerShell Application Deployment Toolkit for SCCM 2007 and 2012 (Silent, Custom Communication, Software Center Catalog, Repair Installs, Back out and Uninstalls)
- Advanced Installer, instEd it and Orca MSI editor including transform customizations
- EMCO MSI Package Builder, AppDeploy Repackager and Flexera Admin Studio.
- Microsoft SCM 3.0 Group Policy (GPO) Management, Access Control and Object creation
- Smart Deploy Enterprise, Acronis Snap Deploy, FOG Ubuntu Deployment Solution, VMware & Norton Ghost
- Citrix XenCenter, XenDesktop & Desktop Studio (OOB)
- CA, Remedy & ZenDesk ticketing systems
- RDP, VNC, Team Viewer & Bomgar Remote Support
- Mobile Devices (Blackberry, Android, IPhone, Samsung Galaxy, IPad & Microsoft Surface Pro Tablets
Confidential, Chandler, Arizona
Global Client Solutions Engineering Manager
- Oversee daily operations and provide leadership and direction to all Desktop engineers including automating deployment solutions to 160,000 end users globally that includes US, Russia, Philippines, Korea, Japan, Singapore, Germany, and more.
- Successfully complete ALL cascaded goals to the team including stretch assignments (e.g. Portfolio Projects. IDP, etc.)
- Assign work tasks to Engineers to package applications, image creation, hardware insertion, troubleshoot software installation, hardware failures and break and fix for production issues, end user and VIP escalations.
- Manage resource compensation budget, planning schedule and assign projects to Desktop engineers based on skills sets and allocations including managing project’s timeline estimates and commitment dates.
- Engage and work with the business owners to understand and translate requirements into technical infrastructure designs.
- Lead improvements and propose new innovative solution within the desktop optimization efforts.
- Develop Desktop engineers’ skill sets through cross, programs, buddy up systems, lab environments, and conferences.
- Build end user relationship with the Desktop Engineering team through root cause analysis, follow-up and permanent and first call resolution on all escalated Desktop related issues.
- Strategic vision, planning, decision making capabilities and providing resolution on global production issues.
- Work with cross functional teams to drive the implementation of new technology and features as well as resolve operational issues.
- Create and manage cross guidelines, scheduling and documentation for the desktop engineering team.
- Detect gaps on current processes and initiate proposals and suggestions to streamline and improve processes.
- Cascade down and align the team to the overall goals, road maps and objective of the company and leadership.
- Consistently promote collaboration, innovation, documentation, cross & cross testing to all engineers.
- Conduct hire interviews, screening, reviews and decision-making capabilities for the best suitable candidate.
- Evaluate, track and document team’s work performance metrics and provide feedback
- Hardware lifecycle management
- Manage department budget, merit bonuses and salary increases
- Schedule bi-weekly team & 1x1 meetings with staff to discuss goals, behavior & provide performance feedback.
- Complete staff’s quarterly, mid-year and end of the year HR CAP process and review IDP with employee
- Managed, assist and coordinate severity 2-3 escalations, resolution implementation and root cause analysis including documenting and documenting lessons learned.
- Promote career growth through building character, professionalism, skill sets, gathering knowledge & motivation for the future.
- Vendor Management & Facilitated escalated calls to vendors. E.g. Microsoft Premier Support escalated P1 & P2 tickets.
- Travel to different GM sites to provide support, and coaching to desktop engineers.
- Drive and Lead the portfolio project in tools creation to automate application engineering testing
- Increased completed application packaging from for 2017
- Lead and drive end to end the Windows 10 applications engineering migration project
- Application readiness and compatibility testing. Identify scope, methodology, requirements, criteria and scheduling
- Application packaging
- Test via standard SCCM deployment
- Test via SCCM OSD task sequence
- Tools automations and streamline processes and documentation
- Citrix software application migration to Horizon
- Managed the Mac JAMF software application deployment efforts
- Designed and Managed the SCCM Software Catalog Self Service Portal via User Targeted Deployment
- Designed, engineered, managed and implementation of the Microsoft APP-V infrastructure portfolio project including package sequencing, deployment via SCCM 2012 application deployment model for 120,000 end users globally
- App-V apps publishing and utilization via Microsoft RDS
- Process and Tools integration of both client engineering and application engineering.
- Introduced, tested and engineered the CodePlex PowerShell Application Deployment toolkit.
- Designed and managed the Microsoft SCCM 2012 R2 SUP WSUS ADR security patches strategy for reoccurring automated deployment rules including configuring criteria, deployment scopes and schedules, documentation, instructions, lab testing, uninstall and backout procedures for GM Motor’s 120,000 clients.
- Facilitated and managed the move from the GM Motor’s temporary facility in Arizona to the new Chandler innovation center for all Desktop engineers, applications engineers, systems and tools engineers and QA staff.
- Interviewed and hired 12 new client solutions desktop engineers for the newly built GM Arizona Innovation Center.
- Designed, managed and oversee the desktop client engineering lab in Arizona.
- Continues development and growth on the cross process, procedures & documentation for all desktop engineers globally
Confidential, Chandler, Arizona
Global Client Solutions Supervisor
- Provide leadership, guidance, mentoring, IT support and to 8 desktop engineers including in the GM Arizona Innovation Center, Phoenix AZ.
- Coordinate with IT Management and assign ticket to desktop engineers including overseeing, monitoring progress and measuring performance. Determine objectives and make sure to successfully finish the tasks assigned.
- Provide targeted deadlines to staff and follow up on status and completion dates including providing status updates, progress and detailed reports to upper management.
- Provide technical assistance, strategic guidance and on-going support for SCCM, MDT, automated applications deployments, OS deployments, ADR (Automatic Deployment Rules) patch management including strategically planning distribution of certified and verified projects to 120,000 seats globally.
- Troubleshoot and determine through root cause analysis on applications, OSD and patch deployment escalated issues.
- Creation of technical documentation that includes specific how-to guidelines on assigned projects.
- Continually do research on new technology and introduce new automated tools to upper management and the team.
- Suggest, design and implement automated solutions relevant to the business.
- Ensure proper utilization of tools and continues improvement to be able to deliver successfully to the customer.
- Develop relationship with customers through interaction, collaboration and engagement including educating customers on administrative policies and procedures.
- Conduct new hire interviews, determine the best candidate and provide feedback and recommendations to upper management including retention and developing the team towards success as future leaders.
- Commitment to the career and development of each team member through motivation, encouraging continual growth in skills, accountability, regular coaching sessions, development of materials, cross and helping each team member to achieve the intended goal that includes both personal development and the company’s overall goals.
- Identify opportunities for change and ability to propose new ideas to staff and upper management including presenting a clear and comprehensive presentation.
- Recommend to upper management guidelines and new tools discovered through research to be able to effectively automate projects assigned to the team.
- Conduct performance reviews, feedback to upper management and identify opportunities for improvements.
- Assigned & responsible to hire, build, develop & align all new desktop engineers’ skill sets within SCCM 2007 & 2012 Systems Management & HPCA Confidential space within 6 months from date of hire.
- Successfully developed client engineering skills sets up to 95% within the 1 st quarter through strategically implementing cross program scheduling with Sr. Desktop Engineers, process documentation implementation, cross testing solutions, lab utilization, Microsoft & Confidential and through scheduled frequent 1x1 meetings & bi-weekly team meetings with client engineers to also follow up and detect opportunities for improvement.
- Immediately executed buddy up systems process to identified client engineers that needed more 1x1 coaching and that resulted to improvement, enhancement of skill sets and alignment with other Sr. client engineers.
- Promoted to management within 4 months of employment.
Enterprise Field Tech Svc Sr. Advisor
- Provide SCCM 2012 engineering and administration support to Confidential clients within the US, Canada and Mexico.
- Applications compatibility assessment, functionality, pilot testing and automated distribution.
- Communicated with vendors, stakeholders and technical owners for applications support including change management.
- Travel 90% to different Dell client sites to engineer system management solutions.
- OSD - Operating Systems Deployment for Windows 7 and Windows 8 including image creation using MDT or SCCM
- UEFI and TPM Technology
- MDT and SCCM task sequence creation for both Image capture and automated deployments
- User data migration through Microsoft USMT (User State Migration Tool) including customizing XML
- Process client’s approved ticket requests for applications to be packaged, UAT tested and deployed
- Testing applications, vendor validation on application pre-requisites, hardware dependencies and compatibility with Windows 7.
- UAT testing directly with end users using SCCM software center and virtual machines
- Promote Confidential as the best computer company in the world to all including to the public sector
- Provide SCCM 2012 desktop engineering and administration support to 18,000 clients.
- Software Update Point and WSUS patch management through automated deployment rules including Virus, Spyware and Malware definition updates.
- Monitor Distribution points, System and Component status through logs analysis.
- Create SCCM Collections through SCCM Active Directory discovery methods and WMI query
- Management of application catalog and packaged applications deployment
- Windows XP to Windows 7 Task Sequence creation and deploy via light touch or zero touch deployment
- OSD Task Sequence driver management through WMI query per manufacturer and model
- Review and troubleshoot OSD failures through logs, root cause analysis, research and execute resolution.
- Perform research based on log results, document and apply recommended fixes implementation and deployment of sequenced packages through SCCM 2012
- Image creation and deployment
- Applications business discovery, assessment and providing detailed deployment and installation information.
- Providing technical support and guidance to all UAT testers including requesting sign-off
- SCCM Client activity, health check and System Center 2012 Endpoint Protection status monitoring
- Create SCCM collections and target machines for Applications and Operating Systems Deployment.
- Documenting and providing assistance on deliverables requested by the client.
- Troubleshoot machines for both failed client installation and clients not reporting back to the site server and determine root cause, document and apply remediation
- Project engineering engagement from start to successful completion for 80,000 to migrate Windows XP to Windows 7 x64bit automated migration for Experian Information Solutions, Inc. located in Allen, Texas.
- Worked from start to finish the desktop engineering, migration and packaging of 15,000 software applications from Marimba to SCCM 2012 for Experian Information Solutions, Inc. located in Allen, Texas.
- Engagement assignment from start to finish the Windows 8 gold image creation, applications packaging & automated deployment for Confidential Pallet’s users located in Orlando, Florida.
Sr. Desktop Solutions Engineer
- Provide Desktop Engineering support to Confidential clients within the US west region.
- Travel 80% to different Confidential client sites to engineer system management solutions.
- Focusing on Operating Systems Deployments (Windows 7x64 and x86) including MS Office 2010, application packaging, user profile migration, zero touch, UDI and light touch OS deployments through SCCM and MDT.
- Client Operation Systems optimizations.
- Client’s infrastructure and environment assessment and planning to provide accurate recommendations for a deployment solution based on existing or non-existing deployment platforms.
- Deploy Microsoft’s patch Tuesday updates via SCCM 2007 and WSUS.
- Build a Windows 7 gold image, complete pilot testing, sign-off and deployment
- Build Citrix XenDesktop Windows 7 Gold image, pilot testing, sign-off and deployment
- Leveraging Microsoft tools such as MDT 2010 and 2012 Update 1, SCCM 2007, WAIK, ImageX, DISM and more.
- Promote Confidential as the best IT solutions company in the world.
- Provided desktop engineering, applications packaging & deployment, re-occurring monthly security patches support and automated OS image creation and deployment through SCCM 2007 for DFA - Dairy Farmers of America’s users located in Kansas, MO.
- Assigned to provide Level 3 support for Confidential ’s 24/7 service desk operation.
Sr. Desktop Engineer
- Created and designed MDT 2010 (LTI) Infrastructure for a Global Windows 7 PC replacement project.
- Built Windows 7 x 64 Gold images for all 40,000 clients globally (USA, Argentina, Japan, Australia and Hong Kong).
- Leveraged MDT Custom Settings.ini and BootStrap.ini for faster deployments
- Customized USMT - User Migration Tool for automated user profile data migration.
- Introduced WET (Windows Easy Transfer) to all technician for faster migration and deployments.
- Created documentation for Windows 7 deployment and migration process.
- In-depths (RCA-Root Cause Analysis) and troubleshoot MDT event logs and provide permanent fix.
- Thorough pilot testing of USMT load state and scan state using MDT light touch.vbs (LTI).
- Managed UAT testing for both Bare Metal Deployment and PC Replacement.
- Provided 1 st call resolution on Windows 7 trouble tickets and migration issues
- Engineered the solution from start to finish the Windows XP to Windows 7 x86 Global LTI, application packaging & user data migration via MDT - Microsoft Deployment Toolkit 2010 Update 1 & USMT - User State Migration Tool.
Lead Desktop Technical Desktop Analyst
- Provided desktop, remote access/ VPN, global Polycom VSX series audio/ video & phone support to end users of Newmont Mining. (Supporting & dedicated to the entire ELT team including the CEO, CFO, CIO, EVPs and Board of Directors)
- Created Windows 7 32bit and 64bit Global Image for all regions. (USA, Peru, Africa, Australia, Indonesia and New Zealand)
- Creation of Global Confidential processes, procedures, knowledge base,, documentation of all deployment scenarios (PC-Refresh, PC Replacement and Bare Metal Deployment).
- Managed and Coordinated migration schedules, end user validation and communication, USMT (User Migration Tool) UAT, gathered list of applications for packaging and UAT, image deployment UAT including PC refresh, PC Replacement and Bare Metal, GPO UAT, change controls requisitions, pilot testing, image sign off and transition to successful execution to the production environment.
- Lead, Supervised and trained technicians on technical standards, change management, processes and procedures. (MDT 2010 - Microsoft Deployment Toolkit 2010 Process and SCCM MDT UDI User Driven Installation)
- Designed and Customized Windows XP, Windows 7x86 and Windows 7x64 Gold Images for Global PC Refresh and Migration Project of 8,000 PCs/ Laptops and Desktops including hardware replacement.
- Designed and Created MDT 2010 Infrastructure for Bare Metal, PC Refresh and Hardware Replacement Project to upgrade from Windows XP to Windows 7x86 and Windows 7x64 using Light Touch Installation (LTI) and (ZTI) Zero Touch Deployment through SCCM.
- (UAT - User Acceptance Testing) of packaged and tested applications including OSD (Operating System Deployment) of Windows 7 through SCCM Config Manager by utilizing Boundaries, Collections and Advertisements.
- Office 2007 and 2010 (OCT) Customization through an MSP file or Administrative Templates (ADM, ADMX and ADML)
- Promote Newmont as the largest gold mining company in the world to all including to the public sector
- Supervised the desktop team assigned to the project through coaching and .
- Provided first call resolution on production, end users and VIP escalated issues
- Automated Data Migration USMT’s Scan State and Load State including Hard Link migrations through WDS PXE Network, MDT or External USB Drive.
- Utilized and Customized MDT Task Sequence, SysPrep and Capture, PC Refresh Task Sequence, Client Replacement Task Sequence and Custom Task Sequence.
- Customized USMT and leveraging MDT 2010 (CustomSettings.ini) for faster and easy deployments. Configured MDT settings to deploy patches, hotfixes through WSUS during deployment.
- Created, Captured and Deployed Images using WDS PXE, MDT 2010 and SCCM. Automated MDT Task Sequence to build a machine.
- Fully validated and (UAT) tested the created image by creating a lab environment and deploying the image through Microsoft Hyper-V or VMware Workstation. Event viewer logs analysis and review errors.
- RCA (Root Cause Analysis) by utilizing BDD, SMSTS logs and Microsoft TechNet as a resource for troubleshooting, knowledge base and documentation.
- In Depth Research and (UAT) testing of Microsoft hotfixes, monthly security patches and service packs before roll out.
- Created Documentations, materials and guides for all technicians globally on image deployment procedures, best practices and correct process. How to guides on error checking, log analysis and troubleshooting errors. Utilizing Windows 7 built in Problem Steps Recorder and SharePoint to organize data directory and easy access to all technicians.
- Utilized SCCM for applications deployment, hardware inventory reporting, and asset management.
- Responsible on insuring tickets are being tracked, monitored and resolved at the soonest time possible. Maintain Customer Support SLA's (Service Levels Agreements) in consultation with end users to establish problem resolution expectations and timeframes.
- Managed, Trained and Coached Jr. Confidential technicians to handle higher level complex issues including VIP tickets through rotation of duties, tasks, and schedules. By providing the same standard solution to a problem including proper guidance and knowledge transfers resulted to a very solid Confidential team and enhanced skill sets for all team members.