- Skilled mid - level help desk technician with over 15 years of experience providing PC Client/Server technical support for different Confidential agencies as a government contractor.
- Email infrastructure support (MS Exchange 2003 & 2007 & 2010)
- Deploy and re-image desktops and laptops, configure TCP/IP, backup and restore data
- Advance user in MS Office Suite (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access, PowerPoint) and Outlook (2003 & 2007 & 2010), Windows Server (2003 & 2008). Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7, Win 8.1 and Windows 10
- Basic troubleshooting of Common Access Card (CAC)
- Active Directory User Administration (user account, group and resource creation, modification, and deletion; assignment of security/distribution groups, changing pw)
- Google Apps
- Knowledge of VPN and Citrix remote connectivity
- Confidential Ipad and Iphone support
- Blackberry Device Management and Support
- BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES) infrastructure for different US Government clients
- Maintenance of BES servers, including patching and backup
- Computer Networking Implementation and Diagnostics
- Basic understanding of Firewall and intrusion detection/prevention protocols
- Proficient in using MacAfee, Norton Anit-Virus, BitDefender, Kaspersky
- Proficient in BMC Remedy Ticketing System, Service Now and LanDesk
- Installation of Desktops and ThinClients (Virtual Desktop Infrastucture)
Network Fundamentals: TCP/IP, LAN Solutions, Ethernet, WAN, Routers, 10/100/100 BASE-T, CAT 5e, CAT 6 Cables
Network Support: OSI Model, Wireless Networking, Building Data Link Layer, TCP/IP, UDP, IP, ARP ICMP
Software: Windows XP, Win 9x, NT, DOS, BASIC
Hardware: IDE, SCSI, Floppy, CD-ROM, AT, ATX, Printers, IRQ, I/O
Data Communications: Analog & Digital techniques, Circuit & Packet switching, VIOP, PBX, VPN Technology
Windows XP Professional: Installing XP from scratch, editing registry, configuring Windows Firewall, sharing files and printers with other Window users
NOC Administrator Shift Lead, Annapolis Junction, MD
- Participate in Severity 1 & 2 outages to assist Tier 2 support
- Interaction and escalation to the Government Watch Officer or Section Chief per SOP
- Creation of and transmission of daily and ad hoc reports
- Final approver for severity one and two emails prior to distribution
- Facilitated and lead emergency action procedures for the team on bridge calls for outages and maintenance windows. Prep initial and resolution email verbiage as needed.
- Investigated and provided status of escalated tickets in Remedy
- Create and send AWS alerts to Section Chief or Government Watch Officer as needed
- Maintain all information being posted on the Announcement and Operational Awareness, iShare site.
- Updates SOPs based on approved procedures exceptions and as processes change
- Participated in tracking and prioritization of ticket-handling, including inter-shift turnover.
- Monitor data flow in Orion
- Monitoring, reporting and documenting the health and status of the production system using NetCool and XYMON
- Perform data loads for derogatory and watch list populations by running Unix scripts
- Perform system optimization functions, such as WLS Sync check & NARA Delete Sweeper
- Perform functions associated with TVS pipeline control.
Desktop Administrator, Jessup, MD
- Installed, configure and troubleshoot and repair hardware such as laptops, workstations, printers, phones, video conference equipment and mobile devices working with third-party vendors as applicable.
- Deployed hardware/software to remote office locations leveraging automated processes and third-party vendors and tools where applicable
- Performed active directory functions such as group policy creation, account creation, group modifications and password resets.
- Maintained network performance by performing network monitoring and analysis, troubleshooting network problems using Kaspersky scanning tool; escalating problems to vendor.
- Lifecycle management of hardware and software (asset tagging, asset inventory management, upgrades, security updates, patches, prepare and maintain documentation of PC, servers, printers and other peripherals)
- Performed IT purchasing, manages inventory and software licensing compliance.
Sr. Helpdesk Lead, Bethesda, MD
- Provided support in a high stress, fast paced environment for over 12,000 users; military, civilian and contractor
- Provided support and troubleshooting for over 15,000 pieces of IT equipment
- Assisted Service Desk manager in all high priority incidents
- Configured and support security tools such as firewalls, anti-virus software, patch management systems using MacAfee and Norton.
- Manage Active Directory, including creating & modifying user settings, permissions and accounts.
- Routed tickets using Service Now ticketing system.
- Responded to user requests for assistance related to all deployed hardware and software.
- Deployed, maintain and troubleshoot laptops and desktops, both remotely and onsite.
- Provided Desktop and Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (WYSE box) support.
- Provided remote assistance to callers using Dame Ware Mini Remote Control
- Created and maintained user accounts across the JMED domain
- Trained employees how to manage the front desk of the Help Desk ( people per day) as well as answer phones.
MS Outlook Migration Technician, Silver Spring, MD
- Provided technical support to over 3000 Confidential employees for their migration from GroupWise to MS Outlook 2013.
- Assisted and trained the users on how to use MS Outlook 2013.
- Showed VIP’s and their admins on how to use MS Outlook 2013, ie, where is the busy search to setup appointments or meeting, how to use the calendars, how to delegate someone to see their calendar, signature setup.
- Sync users information on Confidential Ipad’s and Confidential Iphone’s.
- Create HEAT tickets for the VIP’s and their admins.
- Provided desk side support when needed.
IT Technician, Washington, DC
- Provided technical support/maintenance for the Foreign Agriculture Service of their workstations, laptops, printers, smart phones, peripheral devices in a large, complex network environment.
- Assisted over 560 users on-site or by phone with computer and network support issues; advanced installation, configuration, and maintenance of hardware and software.
- Function within a structured Service Desk environment and provide support remotely over the telephone (or other communication medium) while documenting all steps taken in the incident resolution process using Remedy.
- Assisted with user account administration within an Active Directory environment
- Performed vulnerability and networking scanning assessments using Norton.
Windows 7 Administrator, Lanham, MD
- Providing technical assistance over the phone and remotely to over 12,000 HUD users in migration of computer systems from Windows XP to Windows 7 platform
- Providing technical assistance in migration of client computer systems from Windows XP to Windows 7 platform
- Following migration procedures to save data, image and restore settings to new or existing computer systems
- Migration Management Console (MMC) operation
- Mapping network printers, install applications and manage a nightly deployment list
- Acting as hands and feet for project team to assess and resolve any issues to complete migrations
- Documenting and certifying completion of migrations to project team
Help Desk Technician, Bethesda, MD
- Patch and maintenance of software and workstation for individuals within tech code
- Imaging and re-imaging of computers and laptops
- SW/HW troubleshooting to 180 users onsite and 320 offsite
Migration/Support Technician, Arlington, VA
- Migrated 830 users XP workstations and laptops to Windows 7 environment as part of “Surge Team”
- Responsible for total disassembly of H/W from former building to a new location.
- Reconnect and setup workstations/laptop with existing H/W (local printers, monitors, mice etc.) to Cisco VOIP phones specific to floor/room diagrams.
- Mapped network printers and hard drives to the server if necessary.
- Confirmed cable management was established throughout all installations.
- Assessed old H/W, reorganized warehouse facility, performed and logged inventory and barcode information.
- Performed add, move and change request to equipment as directed and necessary.
- Did final walk through to validate login, user inquiries, H/W placement and overall satisfaction.