- I am a Results driven technologist with 17+ years of hands on experience in multiple areas of information technology including project management, system analysis, application development/integration and day - to-day operations of corporate network systems. I'm also a Self-motivated, team player with outstanding communication, problem solving and analytical skills able to act decisively and adapt well to change.
Confidential, Irvine, California
Application /Operation Engineer
- Interfaced, and collaborated with different source systems (ERP, Aftec, Unidata, Unix, Windows, etc.) to research and resolve all related applications /system operation issues.
- Resolved support tickets' issues, desktop support issues and on-demand requests as they occurred.
- Acts as escalation point for ERP, Aftec, Unidata, Unix, … issues, new report requests and reports changes.
- Helped research into different business areas to help identify things that can help improve the company’s cash flow and profitability (for example labor hour overtime, inventories sit on deck too long, paying vendors invoice too quickly)
- Lead participant in the Alpha Server Migration project to move off the GE systems.
- Leading the Cycle Count and the ABC classification projects.
- Lead the Admin and Technical Designer roles in the Data Mall and the BI tools projects.
- Convert multiple critical Operation/Planning/Finance reports from paper based and manually prepared in excel into Sisense business intelligent dash boards to assist management in making timely business decisions.
- Provided creative solutions to the disk space and System Backup Tape issues.
- Converted Java code into UniBasic code to eliminate redundant steps in running the month-end EFT process.
- Changed the Time Card Clock-in / Clock-out Software modules written in Basic to comply with new overtime policies changes.
- Created powershell scripts to create custom excel reports from sql server data and applied customizations to the output Excel reports in the ways that the Sisense business intelligent tool cannot do.
- Ability to explain complex technical information/solutions in layman terms to a variety of audiences.
- Technologies and software supported includes: ERP, Aftec, Unidata, Unibasic, Universe, Uniquery, Wintegrate, Tru64 Unix, Windows 10, Java, Excel macro, SQL Server 2014, Sisense BI Tools, FTP, Powershell, Windows Task Scheduler, Team Viewer.
Application Support Engineer Consultant
- Interact with various internal teams to determine the nature of problems, isolate and drive issues to resolution.
- Acts as escalation point for tier 2 support to diagnose and resolve complex application/systems issues.
- Exercise judgment within defined standard policies and procedures to analyze application/systems issues to determine the cause of problem and then collaborate with others to resolve the issue in a timely matter.
- Validate resolution of issues by any means necessary (i.e. replication of problem reported and solution) and analyze solution for accuracy and completeness.
- Recommend changes in support practices, maintenance and standards, and cross-training required to better share support responsibilities across the team and with the solution owners.
- Maintain the knowledge base for support requests and service catalog for various services provided by technology to end clients.
- Ability to relay complex technical information/solutions to appeal to a variety of audiences.
- Recommend tools to improve the SLA and resolution times.
- Support production via on-call support rotation.
Confidential, Irvine, California
Analyst /Java Development Consultant
- Interfaced, and collaborated with different source systems (ERP, Data Warehouse, etc.) to research requirements, analyzed and resolved data /reports discrepancies issues.
- Resolved support tickets' issues, on-call issues, Java ETL (extract-transform-load) and on-demand issues as they occurred.
- Performance tuned some critical Supply Chain ETL (extract-transform-load) jobs written in Oracle’s PL/SQL which ultimately resulted in 80 percents improvement in run time.
- Participated in redesign/conversion of the tClaim B-2-C e-commerce application from the Broad Vision platform into using Java, J2EE, JSP, JDBC, HTML, JQUERY, CSS and other open-source tools running on Linux. Worked on jsp, jdbc, and performed interface testing with external systems.
Java Application Support Consultant
- Manage new Software releases /environments /configurations; Manage /setup VM environments for new Development.
Confidential, Anaheim, California
Java Development and Application Support Consultant
- Designed and developed a GUI Java Swing application which enables MorphoTrak's customers to browse their JBoss system JMS message queues and drill down into the selected message objects to determine whether to keep or delete the message. This helps customer to better manage their JMS queue's messages from getting out of control.
- Provided level 2 /level 3 production software support and fixed production software bugs issues for external customers that have problems using MorphoTrak’s softwares. Researched and resolved support tickets' issues, and on-demand issues.
- Provided technical support for issues related to windows/linux/OS/App server/security patch/browser/java/setup integration problems at external customers’ site. Also provided testing support on new software releases.
Confidential Irvine, California
Senior Programmer Analyst
- Project Managing and Technical Lead technical lead multiple large projects. In these roles, I managed large complex application projects from requirements gathering to implementation. Coordinated efforts with core infrastructure and technology teams in the strategic planning and engagement of cross functional lineups to ensure quality control, risk mitigation and increased performance exceeded all expectations throughout the project lifecycle. Communicated change requirements and impacts effectively with management and review boards in securing a comprehensive list of organizational approvals in alignment with company Change Management methodologies and principles. Also handled system analysis, code design/reviews.
- Developed /supported /enhanced java web applications.
- Developed /supported /enhanced legacy COBOL /Unix based applications.
- Performance Tuned batch jobs and processes.
- Provided Front Line Technical and 24/7 on-call support of applications issues.
- Participated in Disaster Recovery exercises.