- Highly dependable, seasoned IT Professional looking to provide, contribute and expand skills in the field of Information Technology.
- Special talent for customer service and break/fix support.
- Known for accepting consistently increasing responsibilities.
- Proven ability to successfully manage growing IT environments.
- Core competencies include working independently with little to no supervision, strong interpersonal skills and knowing how to interact favorably with clients, project managers and team members in any environment.
Help Desk Technician, Washington, DC
- Provide Service Center Operations on - site and remote support to all Confidential facilities and field offices
- Track all work in the Confidential IT Service Management (ITSM) system
- Conduct a monthly service ticket review with the COR or a person designated by the COR
- Coordinate and support all requests from the Chief Information Officer (CIO) or other Bureau /Offices for demonstrations in the Confidential Technology Center (FCCTEC)
- Provide support for major applications and software for licensing and tracking
A/V Technician, Washington, DC
- Install, configure, program and test A/V equipment and systems.
- Coordinate with staff to ensure availability of materials and equipment
- Developed professional working relationships with clients to better assess their business needs.
- Processed customer orders, prepare correspondence and fulfill customer needs to ensure customer satisfaction and as needed discern, investigate and resolve technical problems.
End User Support Specialist, Washington, DC
- Deskside responder of telephone calls, emails and personnel request regarding network connectivity issues and all customer reported incidents.
- Identified, evaluated and solved end-user workstation problems as well as teleconference equipment.
- Manage network accounts and access to ensure proper security and configurations are maintained and accurate.
- Attended weekly site relocation meetings to gather, plan, report and execute on current and upcoming projects.
- Installed and deployed computer hardware, network devices, mobile Blackberry/Apple IOS devices, peripherals and software applications.
- Prepared and distributed equipment travel bags for offsite and remote employees.
- Repaired and replaced data connectors on network cables and data drops.
- Strong experience with configuration of KVM switchboxes to support multiple computer operating platforms.
- Managed Active Directory accounts to ensure proper security and configurations are maintained and followed agency established IT procedures.
- Maintained inventory of newly purchased computers and devices & remove damaged or obsolete equipment from inventory as requested by management.
- Reimaged and deployed automated software packages using Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM).
- Trained end-users in a wide range of software applications as needed.
- Assisted in the creation and refinement of various support processes and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Participate in new application and hardware rollouts, migrations, testing and special projects as needed.
Desktop Support Specialist, Crystal City, VA
- Diagnosed and resolve issues within a Windows 7 environment and resolved hardware matters per request.
- Responded to IT incidents and requests received from Remedy tickets escalated by the Tier 2/3 Service Desk.
- Utilized the Remedy ARS Knowledge Base and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) to provide resolutions for user incidents and requests.
- Responsible for device management, patching and advanced support for Android, Apple and other technologies used by the end users within our locations.
- Performed tasks provided in the Incident Management Plan to resolve incidents and requests.
- Troubleshoot and resolve user incidents and requests dealing with the Microsoft operating system via Active Directory, Microsoft Office Suite, Blackberry, Citrix, VPN, 2 Factor Authentication and all OPM owned COTS and GOTS products.
- Investigated and resolved Virtual Private Network tunneling configuration issues, network switch and port problems, configures cross connects, install wireless access points, determined and resolved problems with the related equipment.
- Imaged or re-image computers from standardized base image and business unit application profile.
Help Desk Technician, Falls Church, VA
- Supported hardware, software, and audiovisual teleconference equipment; Assisted in the installation, testing, operation and maintenance of computer software and systems. Assisted in scheduling and setting up the videoconference service for clients.
- Collaborated with existing vendors to evaluate the new technology that is available and make recommendations to management on using that technology.
- Consulted with Infrastructure departments to make sure that projects are in line with desktop support needs and strategies.
- Monitored the performance of the company's desktop infrastructure and make suggestions for improving efficiency.
- Evaluated applications and software patches for desktop applications to see if they will solve desktop issues or vulnerabilities.
- Installed, upgrade, support and troubleshoot for printers, computer hardware and any other authorized peripheral equipment.
- Provided phone support to clients and provide friendly customer service to internal and external customers.
- Responsible for monitoring, operating, managing, troubleshooting and restoring to service personal computers (PC) or notebooks.
- Installed and configure network devices (i.e. network printers, scanners, plotters, PCs, etc.). Troubleshoot problems with network printing and scanning devices. Perform data termination/ activation in telecommunication closets aka network connect (activation of data drops).
Remote Desktop Support Specialist, Alexandria, VA
- Provided customer friendly Tier I phone support, e-mail and remote support for desktop/laptop problem diagnosis and resolution for 10,000+ local and/or remote users of the Confidential .
- Utilized Remedy administered tracking system and created tickets while on call.
- Diagnosed, brainstormed, resolved and documented all information from systems problems to minimize down time of applications and personnel.
- Provided initial triage and problem determination to determine the severity of the user's incident through Knowledge Management (KM) usage.
- Installed, configured, coordinated, troubleshot and maintained solutions with appropriate technical, professional, and service personnel, along with users who reported the problem via PCAnywhere, Instant Messaging, or and Secure Meeting.
- Monitored and tracked incidents to resolution, including updating all tickets with pertinent information and all troubleshooting steps taken to resolve all incidents.
- Trained new hires on the Email and Voicemail ticket creation process and procedure as well as general procedures and protocols.
- Performed all but not limited to unlocked Accounts, resetting passwords, basic troubleshooting steps by remotely accessing user desktop if they are on a network or VPN.
- Scheduled as well as perform software installs for software’s such as MS Office Suite Support, Adobe Acrobat, and support proprietary software such as Business Objects, RightFax, as well as other Commercial off the Self (COTS) software, OACS and eDAN.
WebTA Technical Support Administrator, Alexandria, VA
- Appointed telephone, e-mail, and primary technical support for the Web Time & Attendance (WebTA/Kronos) system for the HR Compensation and Benefits Division.
- Provided front desk support by greeting visitors and employees upon arrival entering the division often-delegating questions or concerns to appropriate division staff.
- Established onboard employee profiles and entered data into automated system, assuring integrity, maintained automated and hard copy records as required.
- Crafted and organized spreadsheets to document incoming submissions of leave audits for processing.
- Compiled and transmitted biweekly attendance records batches to the National Finance Center (NFC) to ensure biweekly payouts to Confidential employees.
- Attended monthly staff meetings with employees, timekeepers and BU Administrators to educate new users along with disseminating information on their roles and responsibilities in using the WebTA system.
- Ensured leave was approved and documented per policy in relation to each division for the consolidation of higher-level management .
- Maintained attendance information in accordance with Confidential policy requirements.
- Ensured attendance data was accurate and timely, keeping supervisor informed of problems.
- Provided timely responses to employee and management requests via telephone and MS Outlook regarding missing timecards, attendance records pending for approval, entry rejections and missing personnel action.
End User Support/Deployments & Moves/Quality Assurance, Alexandria, VA
- Assisted end-users with troubleshooting, installation, configuration and ongoing usability of desktop workstations, peripheral equipment and software as well as Blackberry and Apple devices.
- Installed and configured operating systems such as Windows 2000 Workstation SP4 and XP Professional.
- Ensured desktop/laptop PC and peripherals interconnect seamlessly with diverse systems including associated validation systems, file servers, and e-mail servers such as MS Outlook, computer-conferencing telephone systems, application servers, and administrative systems.
- Installed/Configured safe boot & laptops for technical users
- Responsible for the population, scrubbing, and maintenance of Remedy Asset Management Database.
- Prepared and tracked workstations for present and future deployments.
- Reimaged and joined workstations to domains before issuing to assigned user.
- Procured assets from various locations.
- Bar-coded and scanned workstation assets in & out of suites, storage cages and transferred equipment to desired location and frequently overseeing all incoming and outgoing assets in various storage units.
- Received monthly asset shipment orders, maintained various storage areas in a clean and orderly condition, and assisted in the preparation of various monthly reports and anonymous audits.