Desktop Administrator with 13 + years of professional experience. I am looking to secure a Jr. Systems Administrator or Desktop Systems Administrator roll in a company, where there is room for growth within the Information technology department.
- Desktop and laptop builds including system assembly, setup and software verification.
- Working knowledge of Windows 95, 98, ME, NT, 2000, Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7 and 8, Mac OS
- MS - Office 2003, 2010, 2013 and Office 365. MS Exchange 2003 - 2010. Norton Ghost 11, Epicor ticketing, Remedy, HelpStar, Team track, Trackit, KACE1000, Kace2000, Symantec Backup Exec. Symantec Vault, Voltage email Encryption, DameWare NT Utilities, Mozy Pro Backup, GFI anti-spam, Postini anti-spam, Kaspersky anti-virus, Logmein remote desktop, Share point, Acronis Backup and Imaging, Spice works ticking system, VMware, VMware converter, VShere, VMware Fusion, Parallels.
- Wired and wireless Network setups, Client/Server Networking: Windows 2000/2003/2008 Server, AS400 i system. Knowledge of ESXi 5.5 and HYPERV.
- Managed phone systems include Avaya, Zultyz, Cisco C3900, DSCi, and Lync.
- Maintenance procedures including data backups, Client Server group policy. Server and system updates and patch installs.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP protocols and internet email protocols SMTP/POP3, DNS service, and DHCP.
Confidential, Waltham, MA
Desktop support Administrator
- Day to day Desktop support for Mac and Windows users, VIOP, and mobile devices.
- Provide support for over 400 users and 100 remote users in a team of 4 support members.
- Responsible for Onboarding new hires and off boarding.
- Manage and maintain hardware and software inventory.
Confidential, Southborough, MA
Desktop Support Administrator
- Day to day operations, including troubleshooting and supporting over 350 users in a team of 4 members.
- Responsible for Onboarding new hires and off boarding
- Maintained laptop and desktop images up to date with Dell Kace 2000.
- Responsible for deploying and maintaining company’s software up to date with Dell Kace 1000.
- Managed and configured VOIP phone systems such as Avaya, Cisco C3900, DSCi for internal users.
- VPN and RSA Token management, VIA the web and AD security groups.
- Monitored internal servers such as Symantec hard drive encryption, Symantec vault, Voltage email encryption, Print server, email server, ESx 5.0, 250 desktops and 5 Servers, and over 200 VMs systems.
Confidential, Waltham, MA
Technical Support Analyst
- Install and maintain personal computer hardware, operating systems and applications
- Troubleshot\Maintained Windows servers hardware, software, Mac OS, and applications in standalone and virtual environments
- Supported and deployed Office 365 for internal and remote users.
- Responsible for day to day server backups, Build Mac OS and windows 7 pro images for end users.
- Troubleshoot IP phones, Polycom phones, VPN issues, MacBook pro, Dell Latitudes and network\standalone printers.
Confidential, Natick, MA
Desktop Support\Systems Admin
- Responsible for maintaining laptop Images for Dell Latitudes and MacBook Pros for all users and Quality assurance department.
- Deployed hardware and software as needed per user.
- Maintaining inventory of hardware and software for over 120 users.
- Gave Helpdesk support to over 120 users, VIA phone, email and remote support.
- Responsible for new server builds and maintains.
- Managed ten VM servers, two ESXi 5.0 servers, and five windows physical servers.
- Responsible for maintaining, updating and creating new users accounts on Zultyz voice over IP system.
- Responsible for converting, maintaining, and monitoring physical machines to VMs.
- Supported products of Office 365, One drive, SharePoint, Email, and Lync.
- Supported iPhones, iPads, Android phones, Voice over IP, MacBook pros, Windows systems, VMs, Windows servers, printers, Polycom conference phones, and VPN Client software
Confidential, Waltham, MA
Help Desk Analyst
- Responsible for maintaining daily backups, Log and document any errors. restoring files from the backups as needed
- Maintaining a yearly rotating schedule for backup tapes.
- Managed new hires and assigned user accounts, setting up software and hardware.
- Responsible for rolling out windows 7 and Office 2010 on 160 laptops.
- Responsible for troubleshoot and resolving day to day helpdesk issues.
- Provided onsite desktop support to the crop office and over the phone support
Confidential, Walpole, MA
Desktop Support Manager \ Network Admin
- Worked closely with the COO to ensure all IT issues are resolved and managed in a timely manner.
- Responsible for maintaining daily backups, restoring files from the backups if needed.
- Maintained 4 virtual machines for the users and 2 servers off of HYPERV.
- Managed new hires and assigned user accounts, Desk phones, Cell phone, Laptops, desktops as requested
- Managed the CEO’s two home offices and other home computers and laptops.
- Maintained a SharePoint 3.0 site, responsible for giving security rights to users.
- Created a SharePoint site to track IT tickets and issues.
- Responsible for rolling out windows 7 and Office 2010
- Maintained an inventory of all hardware and software for the company, also responsible ordering all IT related hardware, software and network components.
- Troubleshot all Hardware, software, Network components, server 2008, Exchange, Active Directory, Backup Exec, iphones, blackberry and all other IT aspects of the company and for Twinz Cold Storage in Newport News VA.
Confidential, Providence, RI
- Provide onsite support to The YMCA of Greater Providence and their 9 branches and their 200 - 250 users and 70% over the phone support
- Troubleshot, maintained and ordered client’s software, hardware, network components and desk phones, Mobile phones and PDAs.
- Responsible for server backups and tape scheduling
- Ordered and re-imaged new Dell desktops and Dell laptops for clients.
- Responsible for monitoring the GPYMCA Network, network servers and their opened tickets on Help Star ticketing system.
- Installed Network switches, Routers, Cat5e Network Cables, Desktops and Servers on the Clients side.
- Act as a liaison between the Vice President Of IT and Confidential
- Software used to troubleshot systems, logmein, netmeeting, GoToMeeting, and remote desktop.
- Kept Hardware Inventory and Knowledge Base up to date
Help Desk Analyst
Confidential, Norwood, MA
- Provided Helpdesk level 1 and level 2 supports to different clients throughout New England.
- Responsible for responding to clients calls, Email and question related to the HelpDesk.
- Responsible for troubleshooting client’s software, hardware, network components and desk phones.
- Troubleshot and installed new applications as needed, such as MS office 2003\2007, Finestri system, and Adobe.
- Responsible for running end of day reports for all clients, supervisors and managers as requested.
- Proactive and reactive ticket historic analysis to identify trends, perform root cause analysis, remediate.
- Responsible for full parts procurement and integration management lifecycle.
- Responsible for server backups and sending the backup tapes of site for safe keeping.
Confidential, Smithfield, RI
Tier II National support
- Diagnosed and resolved technical calls associated with Internet Protocol based services with first call resolution.
- Ensured all work orders were keyed into Remedy, scheduled accordingly
- Referred issues that require truck rolls to the appropriate dispatch coordinator
- Escalated to the local Cox Business Services system, Network Operation Center and System Operation Center in a timely manner and kept Supervisors up to date on major issues as they occurred
- Troubleshot hardware and software configurations to isolate the issues
- Troubleshot web hosting issues and escalates appropriately
- Acted as point of contact for the Network Operation Center in relation to escalation on T1/Fiber issues