A broad understanding of computer hardware and software, including installation, configuration, management, troubleshooting, and support. Extensive experience in working with people to understand their needs. Developing innovative solutions for increasing reliability and improving productivity. The ability to work with and manage fellow IT to develop and maintain solutions.
Apple Macintosh OS/X Windows 9x/NT/2000/2003/XP/Vista/2008/Win 7/Win 8 Exchange 2000/2003 Networking TCP/IP DNS MS Office working experience with most Confidential Products . CISCO Networking management experience with both switches and routers - Dell Sonicwall
End User Analyst
- Deployed, maintained, and support both Apple Macintosh Computers and Various windows based computers.
- This included Building machines for deployement to new and existing users, Account creation in AD, Office support, Office migration from Exchange to Outlook on Office365. Upgrades to new Confidential
- Worked with Facilities services to coordinate moves in house. This included working with Telecom to make sure phones and other resources were functional
- Tested new Confidential prior to general usage. This included checking for security issues, installation problems, and general operation in the Confidential corporate envronment
- Troubleshooting of all customer issues and either resolving the, or coordinating communication to different groups. This involved Hardware and Software for both MacOS and Windows.
Director of Technical Services
- Responsible for maintaining and backing up existing servers in the corporate environment. This includes upgrading the backup software and initiating a backup policy, upgrading and rolling out new Antivirus software, applying updates and hardware troubleshooting for the servers themselves. It also included such work as DNS, DHCP, and network management, Sonicwall and internet access management.
- I also managed the Telecom aspect of the company, including troubleshooting phones, connection problems and interfacing with the internet/phone provider.
- Additional responsibilities included liaison to between the development and sales teams. Product support for customers. Hardware support for internal employees and customers alike. Purchasing of hardware for internal and external uses.
Desktop Support/HelpDesk Lead
- I was brought in to turn the Desktop Support and Helpdesk team from a troubled, backlogged group into a highly functional team within the Hospital.
- Within two months, I facilitated the team in improving phone answer rates up to 90%+ and the issue backlog down to the 20s from around 110.
- The quality of the support increased, and I was able to bring in additional manpower to maintain and operate the support division.
- Rather than manage remotely, I lead by example in doing support and help desk work myself, as well as advocating and recommending policies, procedures, purchasing, and other IT related functions that we encounter. I also coordinated with the remainder of IT to address customer issues and other related issues.
- I was also the IT representative for construction, making sure that for any construction projects, we know what IT needs to accomplish and to bring up any concerns surrounding any projects.
- I worked under contract at Confidential through Volt Technical Services as a Software Test Engineer in the AntiMalware Group. Specifically, I worked with the Test Execution Team to run, analyze, and troubleshoot Testing Scripts and Jobs.
- I also filed bugs that the Scripts and Jobs found. In addition, I worked with the Lab Team to make sure all hardware used for the Testing was working and configured in the proper fashion for the tests.
- Part of my responsibility included learning existing Testing procedures in other groups, so that they could be migrated and run by the Test Execution Team.
- I also helped migrate the existing testing structure to a new, improved infrastructure using existing Jobs and Scripts. This included analyzing, troubleshooting and filing bugs.
- I worked under contract at Confidential through Volt Technical Services as a Software Test Engineer 4.
- I wrote testing scripts with Confidential ’s Internal Testing tool. This involved working from a given testing need, whether it was a specific action or a sequence, to a final tested “Job”. I then was able to run the Jobs to achieve the necessary testing results.
- I have used my expertise with Hardware, OS’s and Confidential Virtual Server to provide additional testing environments on Virtual Machines. This increased the available “machines” to test against, and made it so that there was less need for actual physical hardware.
- I coordinated with other testers in my group to triage and troubleshoot potential problems with the tests. This allowed them to make certain that we were facing actual problems and not some issues with the test itself.
- I worked with, maintained, and upgraded all hardware in the lab based upon customer needs. This ranged from server class machines, to desktops, to laptops of every type.
- I worked with fellow Lab Engineers to manage and maintain our networks. This included configuring and troubleshooting DHCP and DNS servers, RIS and WDS servers, and integrating our local network with the Confidential Corporate network. The networks were run on CISCSO Catalyst OS (5500) and CISCO IOS (4000 and 2950) and I maintained and expanded them. In addition, I configured routers from various manufacturers for customer testing.
- I provided resources for engineers using Dell’s SAN solutions, and HP/Compaq’s SAN hardware using a separate Gigabyte network to reduce network traffic on our primary LAN.
- I expanded the existing network by adding CISCO 2940 Switches and linking them to our existing CISCO 4000 IOS Switch. This allowed us further network expansion for more hardware.
- I configured and utilized various wireless switches and routers for customer wireless testing.
- I provided and configured laptops for non-lab personal for business travel and . This involved making sure all Confidential security initiatives were followed, all requested software was installed, that wireless was functional, and that users could connect via the corporate VPN Servers.
- I made purchase recommendations to the Lab Manager based on customer requests, upcoming releases, and overall usage. This included both Lab infrastructure and testing equipment.
Technical Support Engineer
- I did direct phone support for MS-DOS5.22, Windows 3.1, Windows for Workgroups 3.11, Windows NT3.51, Windows NT4.0 and the Windows95 Beta. I moved from direct phone support to mentoring other engineers in these products in 1995.
- I was the Mentor Lead for all Windows NT products on the west coast.
- This involved making sure that any Engineer mentoring another met certain knowledge levels and making sure that Mentors were scheduled during peak call times and ensuring coverage.
- Developed and delivered on troubleshooting Windows 98, and for the Multimedia capabilities of all Confidential OS releases to that point.
- I was certified as a Windows 98 and Internet Explorer trainer. I worked with other trainers to deliver this material to new Engineers, and to my existing co-workers.
- I did escalation work on all Confidential OS products. This involved contacting customers to work and resolve more complex issues that were not resolvable by standard frontline engineers.