- Extensive consultative, managerial, and technical expertise in corporate IT and software environments.
- Broad experience in the areas of technical writing and editing, business requirements gathering and analysis, documentation management and corporate communications in organizations of all sizes.
- Well - versed in a number of industries, including insurance, military, manufacturing, software engineering, electric utility, retail, franchising and entrepreneurship.
- Proficient in planning, researching, designing and writing a wide range of documents including, user manuals, guides, product specs, materials, marketing collateral, white papers, disaster recovery procedures and internal technical requirements in both print and online versions.
- Specialize in communicating technical ideas and concepts to non-technical audiences.
Technical Writing/Copy Editing Documentation Management Single Source Content SOPs Communicating Technical Concepts Information Mapping Flow Diagrams User Requirements Proofreading Course Design Software Delivery Business Analysis Analytical Problem Solving Database Reporting Creating Style Sheets Facilitation Presentations White Papers Newsletters Business Plans Template Creation
Microsoft Office 365 Suite Visio Access Skype MS Project SharePoint Confluence Power BI MS Teams Paint Shop Pro Acrobat SnagIt WebEx Red Hat Linux DITA HTML XML SDLC GitHub Windows Troubleshooting Hardware/Software Installation and Configuration Data Security Remote Access My SQL Shell Report Writing PeopleSoft HR Oracle eBusiness Suite Hyperion DRM & FDM
Confidential, Danbury, CT
Technical Communications Specialist
- Contracted to revamp and update Confidential ’s internal Confluence and SharePoint wikis and to enhance intra-company communications and promote significant s by the Enterprise IT Services team.
Confidential, New York, NY
- Contracted to provide editorial assistance and formatting direction for the Gas Operations 20-year Long Range Plan document.
- Worked on the 2016 plan and called back to provide direction for the 2018 plan.
Confidential, Shelton, CT
Senior Consulting Technical Writer
- Contracted to review, update and create standards for internal documentation at one of Confidential 's local client sites.
Confidential, Norwalk, CT
API Documentation Writer
- Contracted to create internal developer documentation and user manuals for NAP proprietary applications.
Confidential, Norwalk, CT
Documentation Specialist / Knowledge Management
- Created dozens of documentation templates used for technical content creation for a variety of internal and customer-facing publications.
- Authored a 200-page company style guide outlining proper written communications usage for an employee population that is mostly non-native English speaking.
- Edited all technical documentation targeted to customers.
- Used MySQL to create data models for use in documentation creation.
Confidential, Hoboken, NJ
Technical Writing Consultant
- Created a 200 page financial guide developed from extensive interviews with subject matter experts and hands-on experience with Oracle and Hyperion applications.
Confidential, Ridgefield, CT
- Created EAL and accreditation documentation and hundreds of technical manuals and publications for Confidential 's cross domain solution products.
- Effort facilitated getting Confidential product established as a baseline item.
- Used Red Hat Linux to run Confidential software on Sun blade servers to document security procedures.
- Created documents that met both the Confidential 6/3 PL4 and the Confidential Special Publication (SP) “Recommended Security Controls for Federal Information Systems” High Impact requirements.