- Highly skilled in installing, repairing, maintaining and troubleshooting computer hardware, software, and peripherals.
- Works well independently, and in a group setting providing all facets of computer support.
- Working knowledge of networking devices and printers.
- Knowledge and understanding of numerous software packages and operating systems.
- Proven ability to manage multiple troubleshooting tasks simultaneously while maintaining the quality of results.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- CompTIA A+ certified, in the process of obtaining the CompTIA Network+.
Software: Microsoft Office Suite 2000, 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013 (Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Word); Microsoft Windows Operating Systems 2000, XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 10; Norton Ghost; installing drivers; SharePoint; basic HTML, blogs, and wikis; basic understanding of database and SQL; DART; Remedy; Lotus Notes; Microsoft Office 365;
Hardware: Cisco IT Essentials (PC software and hardware); HP desktops & laptops; Dell desktops & laptops; Lenovo ThinkPad laptops; HP printers; general computer builds and repairs; hardware installations and swaps; BlackBerry configuration
Networking: General networking experience (running cables, troubleshooting connections, activating ports, basic router configuration, switches, Wi - Fi router)
Support: Helpdesk escalation and documentation on ticketing system, customer service support (email, phone, and In person)
Tier2 / Hardware technician
- Operate with a good attitude and excellent communication skills in order to communicate with end users/team over the phone or in person
- Provide technical support to a large enterprise of end users with varying technical knowledge
- Deploy machines to end user workstations while maintaining cable management and workstation cleanliness
- Update tickets to reflect work completion and works in progress.
- Organize and maintain an inventory of different hardware parts for laptops, desktops, and printers
- Perform hardware maintenance for all HP laptops and desktops for onsite users and regional
- Triage help desk tickets by priority and tier 1/2
- Regularly organize my office and the neutral workspace to ensure optimal efficiency
- Manage and modify user accounts through active directory
- Install and configure new HP network printers
- Image multiple Dell/HP laptop and desktop models and deployed software via branch SOP’s
- Run numerous virus, system file, and hardware scans for laptops needing repair
- PC refresh and migration from Windows 7 to Windows 10
- Manage Windows 10 and Windows 7 workstations
- Help remote users troubleshoot VPN and internet connectivity issues
- Assist users with migration to new print servers
- Swap and upgrade RAM and hard drives for various computer types and models
- Upgrade mechanical hard drives to SSD’s and transfer data as necessary
- Set up various peripherals for users and implemented various desk configurations as requested (Standing desks, hanging dual monitor arms, left handed mouse configuration, etc.)
- Input and monitor service requests via email, voicemail, and phone calls
- Ship laptops and other hardware throughout the country to end users
- Communicate with HP for hardware repairs and depot
QC Technician /Helpdesk
- Maintain 16- 32 workstations a day to insure that users productivity are not interrupted
- Contacted end users via phone, email, and IM to help resolve issues
- Resolved between 10-20 tickets daily
- Managed user accounts through active directory
- Remotely assisted users via RDP
- Remotely installed local printers and helped troubleshoot network printers
- Provided technical support to over 2200 end users
- Averaged between 35-45 calls a day while simultaneously processing email requests
- Created knowledge base articles as new/undocumented issues were reported and distributed them to colleagues for reference
Tier 1 Support
- Install software, modify and repair hardware and resolve technical issues
- Provide base level IT support to 700 non-technical personnel
- Display courtesy and strong interpersonal skills with all customer interactions
- Develop quick reference guides to assist end-users with challenging software application features
- Manage Windows 8 and Windows 7 workstations
- Setup, manage, and configure multiple types of servers.
- Ensure that Remedy/Spiceworks tickets are resolved and completed to the client’s satisfaction
- Active Directory - Account creation, Password resets, Group policies
- Develop client SharePoint Foundation 2010 sites and provide support as needed
- Apply solution by restoring broken or intermittent connections, adjusting software configuration install patches, and reboot system
- PC refresh and migration XP to Windows 7 and 8
- Process incidents/requests in a high pressure, time sensitive environment via phone, email, instant messaging, fax and desk side
- Provide initial trouble shooting of problems including root cause analysis for desktop, laptop and printers (local/network)
- Perform administrative tasks including account creation, password resets and granting access to drives, folders and files in accordance to security guidelines
- Create and manage Network accounts to include granting access to secured file shares
- Manage bench IT inventory
- Provide configuration and SharePoint administration support
- Coordinate and support VTC/Audio conference
- Provide level 2 end-user technical support for Windows 7, Microsoft Office, Network connection Update ticketing system to reflect work in progress or completed
- Conducted the Reimaging process on over 35 laptops a day to successfully complete the On-Boarding process of new hires
- Issued and assigned approximately 300 items of company assets to employees a week generated through DART/Remedy ticketing system decreasing the backlog on requested equipment
- Offered technical assistance on-site or via phone or email providing convenience for end users of Confidential
- Responsible for installing, maintaining and repairing company assets such as monitors, keyboards, and other peripherals
- Executed the installations of printers, copiers, and scanners (multiple models)
- Installed PC memory, hard drives, and other hardware maintaining the company tech standards on data bearing assets
- Compute data backups and restorations for users executing the Tech Refresh process
- Troubleshoot and analyze a variety of computer issues