To explore opportunities within a well - established organization focusing on a combination of budgeting, planning, financial analysis, and organizational management areas. I will bring my commitment, experience, and expertise in these fields to build effective work processes and provide high-quality leadership and customer service in order to achieve the organization’s long-term success, while having an opportunity to serve a community.
Microsoft applications: Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint, PeopleSoft (HR & Financial), Hyperion/BrioQuery, Cognos, FileMaker Pro, Pendragon, Citrix, SAP, Outlook, QuickBooks, IFAS Financial System (CU Foundation), Financial models
Campus Budget & Financial Analyst
- Provide relevant, timely, and accurate financial information on issues related to Boulder Campus resources to campus personnel.
- Conduct financial analysis, including modeling and forecasting, on a variety of Boulder Campus programs and services, determine the methodology, identify data sources, analyze and present the data to appropriate audiences.
- Participate in the development, implementation, and daily functioning of the Campus’ Budget Office.
- Serve as a point of contact for campus personnel on budgetary matters, providing information and training as necessary.
- Prepare financial and narrative reports on a variety of issues, adapting the reports to meet the needs of the intended audience.
- Implement projects independently and cooperatively with various department and campus personnel to optimize the quality and flow of relevant resource data and information.
- Trainer (PBA overview of budgeting) at monthly session hosted by Accounting and Business Support (ABS).
ConfidentialCampus Budget & Financial Analyst
- Reported directly to the Dean and was his right-hand person for budget and financial issues.
- Provided fiscal oversight and monitoring of the financial and budget activities of the College funding sources including general, auxiliary, gift, and plant funds to the Dean.
- Represented the College in finance-related Campus’ initiatives (i.e. Expense System, Efficiency Task Force) and attended high-level meetings with the Office of the Provost on budget and faculty-related issues. Reviewed monthly financial reports and provided accounts analysis to the Dean at the College, department, and program levels.
- Certified financial compliance of college financial statements and reports.
- Advised in areas of fiscal planning and budgeting. Analyzed financial data and patterns, established financial goals and timing, anticipated potential problems, and recommended actions and remedial strategies. Provided framework for, and oversight of, financial information systems and reporting.
- Worked closely with the Dean and Confidential of Colorado Foundation (CU Foundation) team on all activities related to gifts, endowments, bequests from various donors, and closely monitored how the College spent the funds. Identified financial issues to be addressed by the departments, programs, and/or centers, and assisted them in solving financial problems.
- Communicated financial process changes to departments, programs and centers.
- Produced special budget or financial reports as needed by the Campus, Deans, and Chairs. Calculated and created budget transfers to departments and programs.
- Administered the Dean’s start-up fund and matching fund commitments.
- Administered the Dean’s renovation project commitments and tracked the financial progress of the funded projects.
- Assisted Assistant Dean in monitoring course fees & program fees of all courses in each of the 6 departments and programs and submitted requests to modify as appropriate.
- Assisted in research funding and interacted with the Office of Contracts and Grants to obtain research grant data for internal use or publications.
- Researched, compiled, and analyzed information and statistics for various reports requested by both internal and external parties.
- Oversaw the management and execution of procurement functions, including creation of purchase orders/purchase requests, contracts, and payment vouchers.
- Served as a backup for Director of Human Resources for the College including handling faculty’s offer letters, appointments, payroll time collection, and other HR-related data.
- Evaluated and provided appropriate trainings to Finance and HR staff as needed.
- Verified and monitored the College’s equipment and property per the Campus’ property accounting office’s policies and procedures.
ConfidentialCampus Budget & Financial Analyst
- Performed financial statement analysis and prepared presentations/reports for executives.
- Evaluated profit and loss statement for completeness and accuracy.
- Performed variances analysis including budget-to-actual and current-to-prior-year fluctuations.
- Performed month-end account analysis and reconciliation, including bank statements and general ledger accounts.
- Reviewed general ledger activity, researched and corrected account discrepancies.
- Researched and resolved any reconciling items on a monthly basis.
- Reviewed monthly inventory changes and corrected related journal entries.
- Generated general ledger and financial reports from the accounting system and review for accuracy.
- Assisted with quarterly reviews and annual audits.
- Assisted in maintenance of documentation of policies, procedures and controls (GAAP & Sarbanes-Oxley).
- Supervised four accountants on daily activities.
- Monitored and reviewed payroll and benefits records of 600+ department employees.
Finance Manager & HR/Payroll Liaison
- prepared summary monthly reports. responded to inquiries and conducted research on special requests, mostly by using query against spreadsheets and PeopleSoft database. assisted and coordinated with other managers for annual audit. determined proper procedures and limits in handling each sponsored project. monitored compliance with the Confidential ’s and each sponsor’s rules, regulations, and restrictions.
- Created contracts through interdepartmental processes with the Office of Contracts and Grants, Sponsored Projects Accounting, Human Resources, and Procurement Service Center.
- Provided comprehensive administration in overseeing and tracking Confidential research proposals and budget planning.
- Approved travel requests for over 200 faculty, staff, students, Confidential visitors, and research missions of Confidential and Confidential .
- Served as an approving official and a reallocator of procurement cardholders with an average monthly cycle of $20,000.
- Served as HR/Payroll Liaison. kept up-to-date records of each employee's pay, personal information, and performance reviews. input/updated monthly salary and appointment of over 500 employees of the department. managed graduate student tuition remission. dealt with International Student and Scholar Services Department on visa issues for faculty/students. attended trainings and monthly payroll liaison meetings.
- Corresponded with all levels of management.
- Assisted in the management of the work program (budget, proposal, procurement issues) for Thailand, Lao PDR, Mongolia, and Cambodia.
- Coordinated/consulted with counterparts in field offices to obtain necessary data.
- Participated in research and analysis of economic and financial issues, edited Bank documents and publications.
- Carried out preliminary reviews of all procurement documents submitted to the unit; provided advice to clients with respect to procurement queries; prepared draft documentation.
- Organized seminars and meetings with clients in the public and private sectors; and assisted in public relations.