- Highly skilled and experienced Desktop Engineer leverages strong background in desktop management in a global environment with project management and people management skills to deliver excellent problem resolution.
- Diligently manages urgent and complex projects, slashing costs and reducing process hours.
- Shares knowledge and skills with staff to improve enterprise - wide technology competency.
- Adeptly communicates technical information to non-technical audiences.
- Noticeably recognized for ability to resolve issues within and without job scope and responsibilities.
- Subject Matter Expert on Software Packaging and Distribution, and PC desktop image management.
Soft Skills: People Management, Project Management, Negotiating
Application Management: Microsoft SCCM, Microsoft WSUS, BMC BladeLogic Client Automation (Marimba), Flexera AdminStudio, Wise, PowerShell, VBScript, Visual Basic, WinBatch, SQL Query, DISM, MDT
Software: Access, Project, Visio, Office Suite, Active Directory, Group Policies, Symantec Endpoint Protection
Operating Systems: Windows NT/2000/XP/Vista/7/8.1/10, Linux (Fedora and Ubuntu), Unix, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2012
Networking: DHCP, DNS, TCP/IP, IPX, WiFi, CompTIA Network+ certified
Confidential, Anderson, SC
On Site Support
- Responsible for resolving network, telephony and computer issues in a large manufacturing environment.
- Minimize user downtime by effectively troubleshooting issues.
- Perform PC refreshes using Microsoft SCCM and Windows Easy Transfer.
Confidential, Greenville, SC
- Maintained OS Image and Lite Touch image distribution process for over 10,000 computers throughout North America.
- Created and supported Windows PE boot environment for reimaging.
- Used PowerShell and DISM to inject software and security patches in base Windows image.
- Slashed image build time by integrating Marimba and core applications into base image.
- Maintained client side GPO's and performed Confidential 's using Active Directory.
- Responsible for security patching and compliance of all production machines and images in an ITIL compliant environment.
- Reported patching results to ensure service level agreements were attained. Imported and distributed security patches using WSUS integrated into SCCM.
- Recognized as Subject Matter Expert for Operating System, PC Security, Imaging, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Visio, Packaging and distribution for Windows 8.1 and SCCM 2012.
- Scripted and automated image build process using VBScript to support 30 hardware models in 2 images.
- Integrated software distribution tool (BMC Marimba) into image to optimize network traffic and reduce network bandwidth during PC build process reducing build time. Reduced build time by 50 minutes.
- Reduced workstation build time by injecting security hotfixes in image every quarter.
- Developed a software usage application using VBScript to identify unused software licenses which saved the customer over $100K in licensing fees per year by reducing licenses by 30 to 50% per application.
- Created reusable VBScripts for security hotfixes and application patches/upgrades to streamline patching.
- Performed final QA, release management and Alpha and Beta testing, followed by final distribution release.
- Managed deployments and application access using SCCM and Active Directory.
Confidential, Greenville, SC
- Worked with Help Desk and Deskside Support on troubleshooting, solutions, and issues to reduce ticket escalations.
- Provided mentoring and coaching, feedback and solutions to Help Desk on escalated tickets so they would have the skills to needed to resolve issues.
- Resolved long term file corruption issue on LAN by using a network trace to show that routers were corrupting data and that the IPX protocol has no error checking to resolve. Data was provided to Network Services and was addressed by Cisco as faulty router software.