- Highly motivated, self - directed individual with over eleven years of progressive experience in System and Network Administration/Engineering areas; Extensive experience in areas of Contiguous Monitoring and Diagnostics; Demonstrated skills in installation, configuration and administration of Windows 2008 & 2012 servers, Windows 7 & 8 workstations; Experience with Active Directory and Windows Server management; Experience with a wide variety of products including SCCM, MDT, WSUS, Tenable SC & Nessus, ForeScout CA and HP UCMDB; Excellent analytical, problem solving & communication skills.
Confidential, Herndon, VA
Cyber Solutions Engineer
- Work full time at the HPE office in Herndon, VA as part of the Enterprise Security Services team in the areas of Continuous Diagnostics and Monitoring.
- Learn and understand Continuous Monitoring requirements and assist with developing a solution that satisfies several requirements.
- Assist with learning, installing and configuring various Cyber COTS tools in a lab for integration and solution testing purposes. Tools worked on include SCCM, HP UCMDB, RSA Archer, Bit9, ForeScout CA, Symantec EP, Tenable SC, McAfee ePO and Splunk.
- Assist with creating and updating installation, configuration and product requirement related documentations that can be used as part of customer delivery efforts. Also assist with various documents that are delivered to customer as part of the solution delivery effort.
- Oversaw the deployment of Tenable SC and Nessus in an enterprise environment with over 30K endpoints.
- Perform technical assessment at customer site in preparation for implementing HPE’s Continuous Monitoring solution. Work on-site and remotely with a customer in deploying, configuring and integrating various tools.
- Manage HPE’s continuous monitoring solution working closely with the engineering team that develops the solution and the delivery team that delivers the solution to customers. Responsibility incudes working with customers to identify solution requirements, developing and testing solution in a lab and ensuring that the solution meets customer requirements.
Confidential, Washington, DC
Premier Field Engineer
- Worked individually to support multiple assigned Federal customers in Public Sector with their System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) 2007 and/or 2012 Infrastructure.
- Provided proactive and reactive support including guidance, knowledge transfer, training and problem resolution to help maintain a healthy SCCM environment and provide the knowledge needed by SCCM administrators to support SCCM.
- Provided help and guidance in designing, configuring, deploying and maintaining SCCM infrastructure (simple and complex) using Confidential ’s best practice recommendations.
- Assisted customers with the end-to-end process of application packaging and deployment, software update (patch) deployment, OS provisioning and deployment process as well as inventory, reporting, remote control and compliance management.
- Assisted customers with upgrading from Windows XP to Windows 7 or 8, refining their patch management process and enhancing their application management and deployment process.
- Assisted customers with the end to end process of migrating SCCM 2007 to SCCM 2012.
- Trained customers on troubleshooting server and client side SCCM issues and the use of different tools to facilitate remote troubleshooting.
- Assisted customers with SCOM and different SCCM related configurations including customized automated solutions that rely on VB and PowerShell scripts and C# programs.
- Created and maintained a test AD forest with DNS, DHCP, CA and WSUS servers and AD site for testing different SCCM 2007/2012 customer scenarios and providing a live demo.
- Provided customers with guidance on how to setup SCCM and Windows Intune for integrated mobile device management and maintained a lab used for customer demo.
Confidential, Washington, DC
Senior SCCM and Systems Engineer
- Worked as part of the Server Engineering team to support DOT’s server and desktop environment while working full time at USDOT in Washington, DC.
- Provided Active Directory, Windows XP, Windows 7 and Windows 2003/2008 server support. Worked on coordinating and migrating Office 2007 to Office 2010.
- Worked with different stakeholders to identify software requirements, define installation and deployment parameters and package software for deployment.
- Created software packages using Wise Packaging Studio and scripts for SCCM distribution. Also worked on standardizing the software packaging process.
- Managed all SCCM servers and clients. Tested and distributed software packages to all SCCM distribution servers and schedule centralized package pushes.
- Created a test AD forest with DNS, DHCP, CA and WSUS servers and AD site for testing SCCM configuration changes.
- Created and provided SCCM reports to the IT support team and other users as needed. Also assisted with using SCCM reports to complement asset management and yearly asset true-up efforts.
- Provided support and troubleshooting on workstations related to SCCM client and packages pushed through SCCM. Provided remote support capabilities using SCCM remote tools.
- Worked on Windows XP to Windows 7 migration using SCCM’s OSD feature and MDT.
- Provided Wake on LAN and power management capabilities and support using vPro/AMT and SCCM integration, Windows 7 power management feature and AD group policy.
Senior SCCM and Systems Engineer
- Managed World Bank's SMS/SCCM multi hierarchy production and test environment while working onsite at Confidential building in Washington, DC on a full time basis.
- Migrated SMS 2003 to SCCM 2007. Tested and deployed the various features of SCCM and created procedures and documentation in all areas of SCCM supported features.
- Distributed packages (applications, patches and anti-virus definition files) to all SCCM distribution servers and schedule centralized package pushes to workstations.
- Created and provided reports to the IT support team or other users as needed.
- Maintained and managed World Bank's WSUS servers and approved patches in WSUS.
- Provided support and troubleshooting on workstations related to SCCM, logon script and application and patch management through SCCM.
- Provided support and training to World Bank's IT support team in the areas of SCCM package and patch deployment and reporting.
Confidential, Alexandria, VA
Senior LAN Specialist
- Provided IT support to the USDA’s FNS division while working onsite at the USDA building in Alexandria, VA on a full time basis.
- Installed, configured and administered SMS 2003 for software deployment, inventory, patch management, OS deployment and reporting.
- Installed, configured and administered WSUS and Ecora Patch Manager for testing and approving Confidential and third party software patches and updates, and for reporting.
- Built, configured and maintained Windows servers. Created and managed Active Directory user accounts and group policies, Exchange mailboxes, remote connections, and backups.
- Configured and maintained TrackIt ticketing system for generating help desk tickets and notification; created various customized reports from TrackIt using Crystal Reports 9.0.
- Installed, configured and administered SCOM 2007 for alerts, reporting and notification.
- Installed, configured and administered ESX server, Virtual Center and virtual machines.
- Monitored and removed various vulnerabilities on servers, workstations, and servers detected through nCircle security scanner.
Confidential, Silver Spring, MD
Systems and Network Engineer
- Provided system and network support to various clients including scheduling and performing system and security updates, upgrades and maintenance.
- Installed, configured and maintained LANs, firewalls, routers, switches, workstations, and servers.
- Created and managed Active Directory user accounts, group policies, Exchange mailboxes, remote connections, and backups; configured anti-virus software, and VOIP phones.
- Provided customers with network and system inventory, network diagrams, and network and system related recommendations.
- Ensured that all workstations met the required baseline by maintaining records and images of various baselines for inventory and cloning purposes.
Confidential, Alexandria, VA
System Support Technologist
- Provided support to the USPTO by troubleshooting system problems, and scheduling system upgrade and maintenance.
- Monitored and reconfigured system parameters to preserve and restore functionality.
- Interfaced with systems administrators to sustain the network, schedule maintenance and upgrades, and provided reports on overall network performance.
- Tested software for performance and compliance, and trained users on usage.
- Mentored staff on monitoring and troubleshooting techniques.
- Assigned problem responsibility to appropriate organizational components.
Confidential, Fairfax, VA
- Provided on site and remote help desk and LAN support for various clients.
- Created and managed Active Directory user accounts and Exchange mailboxes.
- Upgraded servers to Windows Server 2003 and Migrated user accounts and mailboxes.
- Installed, configured, and managed Windows XP Professional, Windows Server 2003, Exchange Server 2003, BlackBerry Enterprise Server, and MS SQL Server 2000.
- Configured and scheduled backups for various clients.
- Worked on a digital conversion project of the USPTO by participating in various tasks including indexing, scanning, quality control, CD generation and creation.
- Coordinated team activities and motivated team members towards quality and process improvement.
- Tested various software packages and trained team members on software usage.
- Processed customer requests and prepared daily and weekly production reports.
- Provided system and help desk support and reported network connection problems.