- Innovative technology professional with 14+ years of experience in IT security, network / system administration, technical support, information systems solutions, and technical project management.
- Recognized for driving technology innovation by implementing cutting - edge technologies and mitigating security risks by developing enhanced security requirements, processes, and controls.
- Expertise in configuring systems, implementing new security software, and troubleshooting and resolving complex, high-level issues.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE INCLUDE:
Network Security, Routing and Administration |Hardware & Systems Support | Enterprise Software Support | Active Directory | Windows 7 Migration| Windows 10 Migration |TCP/IP | IT Security | ITIL | Malware Analysis | Office 365 Migration | Wireless Networking | Ethical Hacking | Integration | Computer Forensics| Strategic Partnerships Telecommunications |Vendor Management | Account Management | Process Improvement | Team Leadership
Helpdesk Applications: Remedy, TrackIT, Keystone, Heat, Goverlan Remote Control, Active Directory, Timbuktu, SCCM
Software, Systems, and Servers: Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 and Exchange 2010 SP2, Microsoft SCCM, Windows Server 2003, 2008 R2, 2012, VMWare vSphere, PowerBroker, vCenter, Windows 7, 8, 10, Ubuntu, Mac OS, Lenovo, Dell and HP (desktop, laptops, printers, and servers)
Technologies: Cloud Computing, Cisco, VoIP, Checkpoint Security, TCP/IP, IPv6, VMware, Firewalls, Pointsec
- Advance troubleshooting for enterprise issues.
- Independently spearheaded research for providing USPTO organization wide backup solution.
- Coordinated multiple vendors and proposals to be provided to senior management for consideration and future implementation.
- Creating a standardized PST migration process for migration to Microsoft Office 365.
- Windows 10 migration from Win 7 for 17000 employees.
- Integration of Microsoft One Drive for Business with Windows 10
- Vendor management for other applications that required third party input.
- Documenting KB articles for the migration process.
Desktop Engineer Support Specialist
- Trouble shoot and handle escalations from lower tier groups.
- Interacted with school principles to determine solutions for schools at the state and district level.
- Software testing and evaluation for QA during examinations
Senior Desktop Engineer
- Imaging computers for new users.
- Backing up former employee’s data and rebuilding old images for terminated users.
- Exchange administration - Conducted emergency and planned maintenance to the company email infrastructure.
- Spearheaded windows 10 migration for the entire company using MDT.
- Rebuilding Windows servers to work with new hardware that the company had purchased.
- Implemented SCCM as a solution for managing domain computers.
- Managing active directory users, sites and domains.
- Created images during the migration and configured to company specifications.
- Migration to office 365 solutions from existing office 2010 and troubleshooting migration issues in outlook and Confidential .
Tier III Support Specialist
- Spearheaded and developed a detailed project plan and costs for a system upgrade project; implemented and led this 8-month project that upgraded 1,800 employees / contractors companywide from Windows XP to Windows 7 with minimal downtime.
- Collaborated with vendors on the upgrade and on-time implementation of $200M+ in company machinery and equipment to enhance operations.
- Point of contact for McAfee antivirus. Responsible for creating packages and managing E-policy.
- Managing Symantec Backup Exec and restorations.
- Implemented new technologies and processes companywide including a new security process for encrypting company computers with Checkpoint Endpoint encryption along with a Checkpoint Security Suite.
- Supported the implementation of a new firewall and AV product as the sole engineer on the project.
- Established and setup the company’s first cloud backup plan with outside vendors to externally secure and backup company data with minimal risk of data loss.
- Wrote scripts to automate processes that saved the company time while increasing efficiency by eliminating repetitive, manual processes.
- Remotely managed computers with SCCM to install packages that were most commonly used and create new ones per requests from different departments.
- Facilitated and executed the migration of old Blackberry communications to new iPhone and Android mobile devices using active sync.
- Consulted with the Carlyle Group to provide assistance with the company’s migration from Windows Server 2003 to 2008; migrated email accounts to newest Exchange server and provided support to users post-migration.
- Worked as an IT Consultant for Argy Wiltse & Robinson PC to deliver a key data migration project; provided deskside and remote technical support to users on all migration issues.
Tier 2 Technician
- Delivered timely production support to 8,000 employees nationwide regarding remote connectivity with virtual private networks, authentication, and domain support issues; troubleshot and resolved end user issues over the phone or via remote desktop assistance while logged detailing tickets regarding each issue and work performed.
- Trained, educated, and guided clients on how to use OTC and custom software.
- Completed remote access and VPN configurations by Citrix; changed network access passwords and access levels, and supported after hour implementations.
Senior Desktop Engineer
- Provided onsite, remote, and phone technical support to 1,100 internal employees; troubleshot user computers and printers and opened / tracked tickets for internal issues and vendor related problems in Remedy.
- Delivered routine and high-level support of Confidential, which is a billing application used by millions of Cox customers nationwide.
- Maintained computers, printers, wired / wireless corporate networks, conducted daily data backups, and completed data recovery.
- Performed computer equipment migration for users along with hardware diagnostics and relocation.
- Created new user accounts in Active Directory for new employees and contractors to access the network and setup remote access for VPN with RSA tokens along with new blackberry equipment for users.
- Spearheaded regular in-store events to educate customers on computer maintenance and use and trained employees on performing basic computer tasks, repair, and maintenance.
- Part time employment
- Troubleshot, repaired, and recommended solutions for customer computers; supported internal customer network and devices.
- Trained customers on hardware and software applications.