- Seventeen years of experience with hardware and software quality assurance (QA)
- Experience with SDLC and Agile testing methodologies
- Operating systems, SQL server and software application installations
- Managed a major code translation project with milestone success of early completion
- Managed multiple projects, designed, compiled and executed test plans
- Experience with hardware devices, servers, workstations and desktop systems
- Excellent analytical, debugging, problem solving and communication skills
Operating Systems: Windows 2008 Server, Windows 10, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Internet Server, Unix Irix 6.3
Applications/Tools: MS SQL Server 2012, PL/SQL 6.0.4., Mercury Interactive Test Director 8.0 and H.P. Quality Center - 10, SharePoint
Oracle Enterprise: Manager Console 184.108.40.206, WebEx, Remote Desktop, Apache Tomcat
Microsoft Office: 2013, Terminal Services Manager, NetTerm, Symantec Ghost, AccuRev, Microsoft SourceSafe, IIS Manager, Application Pools, URL Rewrite and (Altova)XMLSPY
Java: Webstart, Java Runtime, Weblogic, Jboss, i-Track, Support Zone (Jira).
Programming Languages: C, ASP.NET, Assembly Language, Visual Basic 6.0
Support Systems Engineer
- Handle factory issues and provide support for frontend and backend database for production, replication and test servers.
- Perform system administration, monitoring and support on enterprise system consisting of 400 Windows servers
- Monitor and troubleshoot data transfers between production and replication servers and release servers. Utilize SQL store procedures to perform troubleshooting and resolving issues.
Software Test Engineer
- Design and execute test plans, work closely with developers to achieve the qualification and release of factory software tools
- Duties include, attending code design review meetings, test plan design meetings. Other duties include software testing; analyze test failures and escalation factory support
- Test Windows and Linux based operating systems on workstations and commercial desktops
- Work with systems configuration that requires knowledge of SATA/SAS hard disks, file systems and on-disk data structures
- Responsible twenty servers, server O/S installs and server hardware maintenance
- Use of SQL Server Management Studio and perform SQL queries.
- Windows server 2003/2008/2012 administration
Test Engineer II
- Support RDSS group in reliability testing of HP products and new development products in order to prevent, capture, analyze and correct defects found in hardware.
- Support intercompany test requests on field failures and proto type hardware.
- Environmental testing on hardware such as servers, notebooks, USB Keyboards and tape drives.
- Reliability robotic cycle testing on Notebook panels, Notebook LED’s, USB Micro interface.
- Test equipment utilized; Hi-Rox Image capture, temperature and humidity chambers, ESD and robotic machine. V+ programming language used for programming robotic tests.
Quality Assurance Analyst Lead
- Supervised a staff of offshore quality assurance engineers and successfully met milestones, three months earlier than planned, on a major migration project validating translated code from Forte to Java (J5U12). Also responsible for planning, testing, coordinating and assigning resources to test user acceptance tests (UAT), functional tests, regression tests and high risk tests.
- Utilized testing methodologies such as Waterfall and Agile.
- Performed Integration, functional, end to end and regression testing.
- Created and executed high risk test cases.
- Worked directly with product management, developers and business analysts to review test requirements, system design, implementation, testing, deployment and schedule maintenance releases. In addition, utilized agile test methods such as scrum and iterative approach.
- Utilized Mercury Test Director and HP Quality Center 10 for planning tests, executing tests and tracking failures. Reported defects on Support Zone (Jira).
- Created project plans for defining QA project scope, managing parallel projects and tracking progress through its deliverable date.
- Tested Extensible Markup Language (XML) files utilizing Tibco Rendezvous 7.4.1 messaging software. Used PL/SQL on a daily basis to analyze database tables.
- Maintained six test environments by applying latest patches to database and application servers.
- Responsible for testing and configuring web host servers, IIS servers, oracle databases and clients. Server components consisted of Apache Tomcat and Java runtime. Client components consisted of Java Webstart and Java runtime. Oracle database versions consisted of 10g and 11g.
- Managed a multi-enhancement test projects and delivered on targeted release dates.
Consultant Team Lead
- Responsible for managing the advance video and graphics test team. Allocated resources for test projects, equipment inventory, handled administrative/personnel issues and daily lab activities.
- Tested H.P. desktop systems for hardware and software utilizing manual and automated tests.
- Tested video graphics card, monitor testing, hardware driver qualifications.
- Maintained test lab environment LAN server to ensure maximum productivity. Setup, administered and maintained lab servers and Symantec Ghost servers.